ADVERTISEMENT

Switched from Verizon to T-Mobile today...

The Tradition

HB King
Apr 23, 2002
Tell me why I screwed up by doing this....

Eight years ago, Verizon had the best signal in some of the off-the-beaten path places I visit.

Today? Not so sure.

T-Mobile definitely has the best 5G coverage of all the carriers. And the customer service so far BLOWS Verizon away!

Last edited:
Tell me why I screwed up by doing this....

Eight years ago, Verizon had the best signal in some of the off-the-beaten path places I visit.

Today? Not so sure.

They definitely have the best 5G coverage of all the carriers. And the customer service so far BLOWS Verizon away!
i’ve never had to use verizon’s cs but per my experience they most assuredly cannot be worse than tmo. all tmo reps are fantastically upbeat, talk positively, full of pep, super polite, nice, appear to really want to help, talk your ear off — but finally nothing they say ever solves a problem.

• Haha
Reactions: The Tradition
. Tell me why I screwed up by doing this....

Today? Not so sure.

They definitely have the best 5G coverage of all the carriers. And the customer service so far BLOWS Verizon away!
T mobile sucks in parts and has raised rates. All carriers suck.

Yup. Throw some dice and see what pops up.

Well, what popped up is both me and Mrs. Tradition have had our phones for EIGHT YEARS and T-Mobile was the only major carrier to give us totally-free new phones and $30+ less per month than we were paying for service.

My original 2016 iPhone SE still works freaking great. Never broke the screen. Did replace the battery. But the apps were starting to not work because they don't work on the old iOS version anymore and that model isn't supported with iOS updates anymore.

Freaking bullshit. Whatever happened to backward compatibility?

But it is what it is. So now I have a "new" 2022 iPhone SE (had to get it before the button and the lightning charger are completely gone) and Mrs. Tradition has a "new" Galaxy A15.

We'll get free new phones every two years from here on out.

Reactions: GOHOX69
All phone companies love you when you switch TO them. I say this being a former telecom employee for almost 20 years.

Granted, I am mostly in Iowa, so my experience is with people in the CR to NE Iowa area that have had TM...but I know absolutely nobody that has them as their carrier currently.

I've heard they're mostly fine if you never leave decent to big sized cities or major highways, but if you're ever out in the sticks you'll hate them.

Reactions: GOHOX69
All phone companies love you when you switch TO them. I say this being a former telecom employee for almost 20 years.

Granted, I am mostly in Iowa, so my experience is with people in the CR to NE Iowa area that have had TM...but I know absolutely nobody that has them as their carrier currently.

I've heard they're mostly fine if you never leave decent to big sized cities or major highways, but if you're ever out in the sticks you'll hate them.

That was why I switched from Sprint to Verizon eight years ago.

But I don't venture into the sticks as often as I used to, and I can't believe the other guys haven't caught up since then?

That was why I switched from Sprint to Verizon eight years ago.

But I don't venture into the sticks as often as I used to, and I can't believe the other guys haven't caught up since then?

Might be a matter of how much more data intensive things are nowadays. Dunno...I left the business in 2015. The people I know all have Verizon or US Cellular (go figure).

It takes billions upon billions to build a huge wireless network that works literally everywhere. Even Verizon has holes in their coverage.

Location, location, location...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT