ADVERTISEMENT

Syracuse, Wagner Agree to Cut Game Short in Rare College Football Sighting The Orange led 49-0 at halftime as the second half was shortened to 10-min.

NorthernHawkeye

HR Legend
Dec 23, 2007
Had know idea this was possible.

And a little nugget of history. The 5-0 #25 ranked Hawks were down 56-0 to Ohio State in 1995. Hawks scored a TD just before half to make it 56-7. OSU played back ups in the second half. Hawks lost 56-35.

Had know idea this was possible.

And a little nugget of history. The 5-0 #25 ranked Hawks were down 56-0 to Ohio State in 1995. Hawks scored a TD just before half to make it 56-7. OSU played back ups in the second half. Hawks lost 56-35.

Is that considered to be a legal NCAA game then? I guess they are division I FCS.

I think the Lounge game thread for the Nevada game ended up with someone researching the rules and finding that the Iowa and Nevada ADs could both agree to call it an Iowa W or no contest. So if that was accurate, it would seem it's fine for these ADs to call the second half with Syracuse still getting the W officially.

After reading the article the real LOL is that it happened in the South Carolina - Clemson game in 2016. You just can't agree to that if you're South Carolina but they did. I would rather Iowa lost to ISU 200-0 than Barta agreeing to mercy rules with Pollard.

I believe you have to play a full half, then you can move to a running clock or whatever else as long as it’s mutually agreed to.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT