ADVERTISEMENT

Tailgating 2024

Acid

st-patricks-day.gif

It all sounds so good. Thanks for the great ideas.

I should have been more clear. Does anybody know of a place I could reserve for the season to do all of the above described as I tailgate?
I don't know about reserve (I haven't lived in IC since graduating), but you usually won't have trouble finding a spot at the Myrtle lot if you get there a few hours before kickoff and it's in a nice enough location. Otherwise, I find a Melrose/University Heights area AirBnB if I want a full house and lawn tailgate.

I should have been more clear. Does anybody know of a place I could reserve for the season to do all of the above described as I tailgate?
We park at the mennonite parking lot. Our paved spaces are reserved. The are always plenty of spots if you get there early. Approx. 8 blocks to the stadium. You can generally park at the childrens hospital parking but no grills or booze.

There are a number of homes on Koser Ave (a very short walk to Kinnick) were you can reserve for the season.

I have two spots reserved at 120 Koser Ave.

We park at the mennonite parking lot. Our paved spaces are reserved. The are always plenty of spots if you get there early. Approx. 8 blocks to the stadium. You can generally park at the childrens hospital parking but no grills or booze.
And have access to decent portable bathrooms.

Reactions: Sexican
I'm bringing a group of Huskies out for the UW-Iowa game to show them proper B1G tailgating and am starting them off with kegs of Busch Light, a tray of jell-o shots, and some Casey's breakfast pizza
They can literally tailgate on boats out there. Do they let non-operators drink on said boats?

They can literally tailgate on boats out there. Do they let non-operators drink on said boats?
The sailgating is great, but spots are somewhat limited. So you either need a friend with a boat where the operator doesn't mind being DD or you can shell out $$$ for one of the boat companies on Lake Union/Washington.

The tailgating scene here is decent but there's something a bit different and more magical about Iowa City on a gameday weekend

They are sold out and have a waiting list.
Only the reserve area up above. The lower field is first come - first serve. We have friends that always park there and come up to our tailgate. We have five reserved spots, which we got the first year they offered them.

Only the reserve area up above. The lower field is first come - first serve. We have friends that always park there and come up to our tailgate. We have five reserved spots, which we got the first year they offered them.
Decent bathrooms, rainy days can make the lower lot interesting even if you have the right vehicle.

Reactions: RicoSuave102954
The sailgating is great, but spots are somewhat limited. So you either need a friend with a boat where the operator doesn't mind being DD or you can shell out $$$ for one of the boat companies on Lake Union/Washington.

The tailgating scene here is decent but there's something a bit different and more magical about Iowa City on a gameday weekend
Agreed. Although Seattle in the Fall is pretty damned good, as well.

I don't know about reserve (I haven't lived in IC since graduating), but you usually won't have trouble finding a spot at the Myrtle lot if you get there a few hours before kickoff and it's in a nice enough location. Otherwise, I find a Melrose/University Heights area AirBnB if I want a full house and lawn tailgate.
I believe the Myrtle parking lot was converted to a "donor" reserved lot as of last season and going forward. Silver Hawk status and above.

Reactions: Bloody Run Hawk
I’ll contact my sister who is on highland Dr. just west of Sunset. She has front yard and backyard yard parking. Tailgating is OK in her lot

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT