ADVERTISEMENT

Tailgating

obfuscating

HR Legend
Jan 8, 2016
I am just going to wildly guess that tailgaiting will continue this Fall "off campus"? Olive court area and such?

Gary Barta recently said he knows how important tailgating is to the Iowa football experience. We don't know, nobody knows what will happen on university property. On private property (the best tailgating, IMO) I suppose that's up to the cops.

Gary Barta recently said he knows how important tailgating is to the Iowa football experience. We don't know, nobody knows what will happen on university property. On private property (the best tailgating, IMO) I suppose that's up to the cops.

Too bad he didn’t figure that out prior to the season he had cops go around harassing donors in lots FOR tailgating. We had cops tell us we were being too loud and if we didn’t quiet down, they would kick us out. Yes, Barta and Mason were special kind of idiots that year. Barta continues to this day. They killed the goose that lays the golden egg. Wrote him that in a letter and have never been back as a season ticket holder till he is gone.

Reactions: kcgolfer
I am just going to wildly guess that tailgaiting will continue this Fall "off campus"? Olive court area and such?
Olive Court hasn’t had parking for 5 or 6 years now. Have to go out Melrose and down Koser or Highland Dr. even Paradise parking is finished.

Too bad he didn’t figure that out prior to the season he had cops go around harassing donors in lots FOR tailgating. We had cops tell us we were being too loud and if we didn’t quiet down, they would kick us out. Yes, Barta and Mason were special kind of idiots that year. Barta continues to this day. They killed the goose that lays the golden egg. Wrote him that in a letter and have never been back as a season ticket holder till he is gone.
Mason was the driver in that. Barta was really the voice of reason. Tailgating isn't bad at Iowa. Yeah it was better but we aren't exactly Minnesota either.

Reactions: DogBoyRy
Mason was the driver in that. Barta was really the voice of reason. Tailgating isn't bad at Iowa. Yeah it was better but we aren't exactly Minnesota either.

And should of put his foot down and said no, the donors aren’t the issue, it’s the students that don’t know how to drink w/o getting bombed out of their minds. We had kids from 8 to 15 at these tailgates so it wasn’t like we were 20 something kids getting trashed before games. It was down right embarrassing the way we were treated as loyal donating hawk fans.

And should of put his foot down and said no, the donors aren’t the issue, it’s the students that don’t know how to drink w/o getting bombed out of their minds. We had kids from 8 to 15 at these tailgates so it wasn’t like we were 20 something kids getting trashed before games. It was down right embarrassing the way we were treated as loyal donating hawk fans.
Right on the problem but barta had little choice.
A guy who has the job he could ever hope or be considered for is not going to challenge his boss and her policy.

Reactions: hawkcub and rchawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT