ADVERTISEMENT

Tallahassee Tornados

Home baseball and softball probably done for the season.

GNN7_YfXgAAiGcq

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: The Tradition
Of course! Just bought tickets last night for Thursday game against GT…

We lost power about 7:15. Offices closed until at least noon.

Reactions: mnole03
Where is All Saints Neighborhood? Also, in that first video, what is the tall, grey building that lost a chunk of the roof & top floor windows?

Talked to my son, he's already been in touch with a couple of buddies that stayed in Tally over the break. In true guy fashion, his main concern was...."Dammit, I had a couple of nice steaks in the freezer" :D

Reactions: PoopandBoogers
Where is All Saints Neighborhood? Also, in that first video, what is the tall, grey building that lost a chunk of the roof & top floor windows?

Talked to my son, he's already been in touch with a couple of buddies that stayed in Tally over the break. In true guy fashion, his main concern was...."Dammit, I had a couple of nice steaks in the freezer" :D

I think All Saints is between the capitol and FAMU

One of the new College Park apartment buildings near Madison Social.

Due to w
Actually just a small area just south of the civic center

Yeah, looks like it's the area south of the civic center down to FAMU way, then going west over to the skate park, including all of Railroad Square Art District.

Tallahassee campus is closed for business operations.

Following the completion of the first wave of storm assessments, it has been determined that the severe impact on campus necessitates the closure of the Tallahassee campus for business operations until further notice. Essential employees may be required to report to campus, and certain scheduled activities must continue. Employees should contact their supervisors to determine essential status. (Posted 8:20 a.m. May 10, 2024)

Kid lives in the Cascade Park area and he is still without power. Said it was even worse than when some of the recent hurricanes came through.

Looks like. Radar indicated. Multiple along a QLCS line it appears. Hit the weather service office or close. Odd timing, but Florida has such a different climate compared to Tornado Alley.

Powerful Storms, Possible Tornadoes Slam Tallahassee Causing Widespread Damage, Power Outages

Gas stations are busy on this side of town.
Hooked up generator at noon.
St Augustine was torn up, closed at the east side intersection with capital circle.

Trailerhassee mayor

Four Radar Confirmed Tornadoes Slammed Tallahassee, At Least One Person Killed

Drone video shows storm damage around National MagLab, FSU Circus and Dick Howser Stadium

The first half of this was somewhat encouraging. The inside of the baseball stadium did much better than I’d expected.

Damn shame about the circus. Those kids put in work all year, and it looks decimated.

No actually they’re saying that the fence can be righted and the field is okay.
It’s really weird how the wind ripped through there, the tree directly behind that part of the fence is completely stripped of leaves compared to all the rest of the trees along the road.
Like there was some kind of hellish microburst right there.

Reactions: goldmom
Gas stations are busy on this side of town.
Hooked up generator at noon.
St Augustine was torn up, closed at the east side intersection with capital circle.
I live on the north side of Tally and fortunately, we had no problems in our area. I have lived here all my life (66 years) and this is the most wide spread damage we have had from tornados.

Found out this morning that an old HS friend's house got demolished; fortunately he and his wife are OK.
House was near Capital City Country Club; I'd heard that area was among the worst hit.

One of our other friends asked him if a tree fell on it. He said "yeah, then 4 more."
I have a good friend from college that lives near there. She said if it had been closer they’d have been done for. Lots of old growth trees over those homes.

Reactions: PoopandBoogers
Hope @The Tradition 's Mazda suffered no damage. J/k. Seriously though, I hope all of the fsu folks on here and not on here are safe and well. Property can be rebuilt, but lives are tougher. If there's a place to donate money, please share the link.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT