ADVERTISEMENT

Tallahassee Tornados

Hope @The Tradition 's Mazda suffered no damage. J/k. Seriously though, I hope all of the fsu folks on here and not on here are safe and well. Property can be rebuilt, but lives are tougher. If there's a place to donate money, please share the link.
You can send it to me. I will make sure it gets to the right place.

• Haha
Reactions: GOHOX69
One of the latest reports from the city..

CityofTLH: Extensive damage caused by the tornadoes has increased, with the broken utility pole count now at 399 confirmed, which exceeds Hurricanes Hermine, Irma and Michael combined. Progress was made overnight and throughout today on power restoration, including to Leon County Schools. Electric service has been restored or is currently in the process of being restored by tonight to all Leon County Schools except for Sail High School and Sabal Palm Elementary, which are in areas hardest hit by tornadoes that caused massive damage.

• Wow
Reactions: PoopandBoogers
GNazk9_bQAAkOIW

The three tracks. Looks like just south of downtown the two combined to form mile wide tornado that was most intense by the Country Club and Indianhead acres.

Track of this thirty plus miles long. Definitely have never seen a tornado like this in width and length in our history. We normally get F0-F1 types with less than 10 mile tracks.

GNaz4O-bYAA1biT

GNa0n-MboAAq2CY

Last edited:
Thanks for the link. I grew up out on Lake. Bradford and have kin in the area. Sad for the one fatality, but with the number of downed trees, lotta lucky folks there.

Reactions: noleclone2
GNazk9_bQAAkOIW

The three tracks. Looks like just south of downtown the two combined to form mile wide tornado that was most intense by the Country Club and Indianhead acres.

Track of this thirty plus miles long. Definitely have never seen a tornado like this in width and length in our history. We normally get F0-F1 types with less than 10 mile tracks.

GNaz4O-bYAA1biT

GNa0n-MboAAq2CY

#1 went straight over the stadium.
No idea what the construction site looked like at the time, hopefully not too big a set back.

Two of my staff still don’t have power, one lives off St Augustine on the east side of town, inside capital circle. He said the pole was up and strung, but no power to his block yet.

Reactions: noleclone2
At least one of my staff still doesn't have power this morning (the other is a week long vacation he already had planned, so I don't know if his is restored yet).
He lives just north of Apalachee, by the Koger Center.
His problem is the storm pulled the line to his house. Electrician has fixed his post to the breaker box, but I imagine running a line to a single house is at the bottom of the list, and they're still not there yet.

We were driving back from Alabama today and got the NWS alert on our phones about tornadoes in extreme SE Alabama and then another over in Marianna. Luckily we dodged the bad stuff but we must have seen over 100 utility trucks on I10 heading west.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT