ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa fans…on why you want us to join the B1G

It's plain weird all around. If FSU joins the B1G, then all FSU involvement here, even solely in OT, will become testy. I think a lot of posters in OT still wonder why so many FSU people are here at all. Personally, I've grown to enjoy it. I like a lot of the FSU folks despite calling you all out in the past a few times. Now, with that said, how is OT going to be when FSU and Iowa are competing across the board in numerous sports? As conference rivals. And why would FSU posters remain here? That happens nowhere among the forums of conference foes. I really think you'd all have to leave.
The conference will be so large it'll be pretty difficult to say "conference rivals." I can't imagine ever considering each other rivals barring some sort of controversy, recruiting scandal, massive display of poor sportsmanship by one side over a course of years, etc.

Over 50% of the reactions to my posts are Likes so I have plenty of supporters.

BTW we don't need any Florida hillbillies joining the B1G.

9ec52c16bca0fc29a1d89d0e9b203682.png
How in the Sam Hill did you find that pitcher of Mamaw ‘n ‘em?

We’re going to get a bigger payout so that benefit is a sure thing.

That is what I'm getting at. FSU will be a welcome contribution. However, they will be reaping the benefits of the best conference in the country. Yes. I said. Eat shite SEC, the addition of USC, UCLA, Oregon, and Washington are more beneficial than Oklahoma and Tejas

That is what I'm getting at. FSU will be a welcome contribution. However, they will be reaping the benefits of the best conference in the country. Yes. I said. Eat shite SEC, the addition of USC, UCLA, Oregon, and Washington are more beneficial than Oklahoma and Tejas
How would you compare us joining the conference to the 4 west coast teams that are joining next year? Also, how did you feel about Rutgers and Maryland joining? They haven't exactly added a whole lot since joining.

How would you compare us joining the conference to the 4 west coast teams that are joining next year? Also, how did you feel about Rutgers and Maryland joining? They haven't exactly added a whole lot since joining.
FSU would be leaps and bounds better than Rutgers and Maryland

I talked about hot women, y’all talked about other stuff. Next thing you know, y’all are going to tell me that Ottuwama or whatever they call it is a cool place.
Thanks to a certain poster's screen name, that place will always be associated with uncoolness in my mind.

According to @Chishawk1425 and @lucas80 all the brainiacs have packed up and left Iowa leaving only them and us clod busters. So naturally all the Seminoles heard of the vacuum created and rushed in to fill the void and dominate the discussions. Nice to have some reliable, out of state bears to poke with sticks... ;)...your moms are a bonus...
What state did you type these words in?

It's the weirdest board takeover ever. Usually it's a migration to another board to harass and pron bomb them. You Floridians just set up camp like a bunch of squatters looking for a hand out.

Reactions: The Tradition
The old Locker Room had huge numbers of posters, but honestly, in my early days on this forum, the number of posts and new threads was amazing.
Is it just my perception, or has traffic slowed of late? Did the split off of the previous ownership make a big difference?

It has slowed because 90 percent of the posts now days are about Trump.

According to @Chishawk1425 and @lucas80 all the brainiacs have packed up and left Iowa leaving only them and us clod busters. So naturally all the Seminoles heard of the vacuum created and rushed in to fill the void and dominate the discussions. Nice to have some reliable, out of state bears to poke with sticks... ;)...your moms are a bonus...
Left out Joe’s Place. He’s like Good Will Hunting but not like Good Will Hunting if you know what I mean. I’d say more like Good Cliff Claven Hunting…it’s a well known fact.

Last edited:
Legend has it that there were some migrants driven out of the old Locker Room on Warchant some years back during one of multiple “cleansings” carried out by “over zealous” mods. Those pilgrims were drawn to HORT for vague and unclear reasons, but they were tenacious and planted roots.
The freedom and riotous discourse herein allowed the small band to continue posting and also write home about “greener pastures”. A more widespread and far reaching crackdown occurred after an ownership change impacted said Locker Room, and some saw the Bat Signal directing us to corn country.
Obviously, citizenship issues in this day and time are unclear, as Congress, the Executive branch and the Supreme Court are in a tizzy about our presence amongst the mid western homies.
Let the discourse and “interracial mingling“ continue its inevitable course. All is as it should be…
Head west young man!

Reactions: billanole
In the grand scheme I’d say if FSU joined with our current added members and future west coast based off of what they have all done and potential…

PSU based on their overall success
FSU on past and potential success
USC on past success
Oregon on potential success
Washington on past and current success UCLA on future potential
Nebraska has sucked to date, go to B12 please
Maryland gotten worse as a member
Rutgers never had success and continues like normal. B1G did them a huge solid by allowing them to join.

I look forward to FSU joining so I can go to games in Doak to watch Iowa from my beloved future enclave in Ponte Vedra when I retire to that area.

Reactions: goldmom
In the grand scheme I’d say if FSU joined with our current added members and future west coast based off of what they have all done and potential…

PSU based on their overall success
FSU on past and potential success
USC on past success
Oregon on potential success
Washington on past and current success UCLA on future potential
Nebraska has sucked to date, go to B12 please
Maryland gotten worse as a member
Rutgers never had success and continues like normal. B1G did them a huge solid by allowing them to join.

I look forward to FSU joining so I can go to games in Doak to watch Iowa from my beloved future enclave in Ponte Vedra when I retire to that area.
You couldn’t GIVE me a house or condo in Ponte Vedra. But you do you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT