ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa fans…on why you want us to join the B1G

Chris Redd Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Reactions: kkhawk
Went to our baseball game today. Mid 70’s and beautiful sunshine. I was with the no pic wife or I’d provide pics. Beautiful coeds out of hibernation was so very glorious. I’m sure someone can post pics, but I know of no better time in Tallahassee than early spring.

Ducking now!
ehhhh pass.

Reactions: Bro D
It's plain weird all around. If FSU joins the B1G, then all FSU involvement here, even solely in OT, will become testy. I think a lot of posters in OT still wonder why so many FSU people are here at all. Personally, I've grown to enjoy it. I like a lot of the FSU folks despite calling you all out in the past a few times. Now, with that said, how is OT going to be when FSU and Iowa are competing across the board in numerous sports? As conference rivals. And why would FSU posters remain here? That happens nowhere among the forums of conference foes. I really think you'd all have to leave.

It's plain weird all around. If FSU joins the B1G, then all FSU involvement here, even solely in OT, will become testy. I think a lot of posters in OT still wonder why so many FSU people are here at all. Personally, I've grown to enjoy it. I like a lot of the FSU folks despite calling you all out in the past a few times. Now, with that said, how is OT going to be when FSU and Iowa are competing across the board in numerous sports? As conference rivals. And why would FSU posters remain here? That happens nowhere among the forums of conference foes. I really think you'd all have to leave.

Simple solution: No sports talk on the off topic board.

Reactions: PAULA_C
You might be right. Would we have to learn to make fun of Nebraska and despise Purdue?
One of the tricky things is that alums of other schools would not like us. THE Ohio State University would lead the pack on that … they’ve never beaten us. Meeechigan wouldn’t like us either but they don’t like anyone right?

Reactions: DFSNOLE
I've got a hypothetical question for the Nole fans. Say you get a bid to the Big Ten with one caveat, that it's a package deal with Miami. Would you still want to come?

Reactions: HawkMD
According to @Chishawk1425 and @lucas80 all the brainiacs have packed up and left Iowa leaving only them and us clod busters. So naturally all the Seminoles heard of the vacuum created and rushed in to fill the void and dominate the discussions. Nice to have some reliable, out of state bears to poke with sticks... ;)...your moms are a bonus...

Last edited:
According to @Chishawk1425 and @lucas80 all the brainiacs have packed up and left Iowa leaving only them and us clod busters. So naturally all the Seminoles heard of the vacuum created and rushed in to fill the void and dominate the discussions. Nice to have some reliable, out of state bears to poke with sticks... ;)
It's a fact for decades we lose a majority of college educated people. Why Iowa has been run into the ground by a GOP joke trifecta since 2016.

How did you end up here though? Why not Oklahoma State's OT forum? Why not Virginia's OT forum? ETC, ETC, ETC.
Legend has it that there were some migrants driven out of the old Locker Room on Warchant some years back during one of multiple “cleansings” carried out by “over zealous” mods. Those pilgrims were drawn to HORT for vague and unclear reasons, but they were tenacious and planted roots.
The freedom and riotous discourse herein allowed the small band to continue posting and also write home about “greener pastures”. A more widespread and far reaching crackdown occurred after an ownership change impacted said Locker Room, and some saw the Bat Signal directing us to corn country.
Obviously, citizenship issues in this day and time are unclear, as Congress, the Executive branch and the Supreme Court are in a tizzy about our presence amongst the mid western homies.
Let the discourse and “interracial mingling“ continue its inevitable course. All is as it should be…

Legend has it that there were some migrants driven out of the old Locker Room on Warchant some years back during one of multiple “cleansings” carried out by “over zealous” mods. Those pilgrims were drawn to HORT for vague and unclear reasons, but they were tenacious and planted roots.
The freedom and riotous discourse herein allowed the small band to continue posting and also write home about “greener pastures”. A more widespread and far reaching crackdown occurred after an ownership change impacted said Locker Room, and some saw the Bat Signal directing us to corn country.
Obviously, citizenship issues in this day and time are unclear, as Congress, the Executive branch and the Supreme Court are in a tizzy about our presence amongst the mid western homies.
Let the discourse and “interracial mingling“ continue its inevitable course. All is as it should be…

Nice post. Beautifully written.

Reactions: billanole
I talked about hot women, y’all talked about other stuff. Next thing you know, y’all are going to tell me that Ottuwama or whatever they call it is a cool place.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
That would probably work. It still makes me wonder though, why this forum? FSU probably has an OT forum somewhere that dwarfs this place.
The old Locker Room had huge numbers of posters, but honestly, in my early days on this forum, the number of posts and new threads was amazing.
Is it just my perception, or has traffic slowed of late? Did the split off of the previous ownership make a big difference?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT