ADVERTISEMENT

Team USA Basketball

Why doesn't John Thompson count? 1988 bronze medal, the last time NBA players were not allowed to play.
BDE's answer:
1929b64c-99ed-4091-bb6e-6eeeffeee415_text.gif

Reactions: EasyHawk
To be fair, 50% of us crackers here could shoot better than this. I can be the token white guy for Team USA, just give me the call.

• Haha
Reactions: McLovin32
There have only been two white players on the USA men's Olympic basketball team since the Dream Team. John Stockton in 1996 and Kevin Love in 2012.

Why doesn't John Thompson count? 1988 bronze medal, the last time NBA players were not allowed to play.
Man he mucked that team up selecting Charles Smith (his own guy) and Bimbo Coles as PGs over Tim Hardaway, Mookie Blaylock, Dana Barros, Rod Strickland, or Steve Kerr.

They had the talent otherwise..

David Robinson
Danny Manning
Mitch Richmond
Hersey Hawkins
Dan Majerle
Stacey Augmon

Man he mucked that team up selecting Charles Smith (his own guy) and Bimbo Coles as PGs over Tim Hardaway, Mookie Blaylock, Dana Barros, Rod Strickland, or Steve Kerr.

They had the talent otherwise..

David Robinson
Danny Manning
Mitch Richmond
Hersey Hawkins
Dan Majerle
Stacey Augmon
Holy hell, Bimbo Coles is a name I haven't heard in yeeeeeeears, totally forgot about that dude

Why hasn’t there been one?
I get you’re just trolling, but what you’re attempting to do is just stupid.

Dating back to John Thompson in the 1980s, black coaches have won national championships. The Boston Celtics have also won NBA championships over many eras with black coaches—KC Jones, Doc Rivers, and recently Joe Mazulla. Tyronn Lue was also the only coach that got LeBron a title in Cleveland.

I could go on, but there’s a reason you are cherry picking data to peddle a narrative no one who knows the first thing about basketball would ever think to push.

This is hilarious but this is what DEI should look like. These black men were rightfully selected from a small pool of people based on skills, experience, and merit. It would be a travesty if Tyler Herro or Alex Caruso made the team.

I get you’re just trolling, but what you’re attempting to do is just stupid.

Dating back to John Thompson in the 1980s, black coaches have won national championships. The Boston Celtics have also won NBA championships over many eras with black coaches—KC Jones, Doc Rivers, and recently Joe Mazulla. Tyronn Lue was also the only coach that got LeBron a title in Cleveland.

I could go on, but there’s a reason you are cherry picking data to peddle a narrative no one who knows the first thing about basketball would ever think to push.
I never said black coaches shouldn’t or couldn’t. I’m saying why’s it always whitey leading a bunch of black men on the biggest stage? And to the above I said bronze last time black coach you rube. And I’ve been 100% correct on my statements in this thread call outs aside.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT