ADVERTISEMENT

Tell me about Joe Mixon

Fan In Black

HR Legend
Nov 9, 2001
I dont follow the NFL religiously. I know he dropped a girl a few years ago.

I just saw a segment on NBC promoting him in tonights game.

Why does this dude get a pass? It seems strange in today's social climate.

Was there more to the story than him slugging a girl?

It was pretty bad but I guess after so much time we have to let people move on. Never thought he’d be the face of anything no matter how successful he got in the league. Still can judge him all we want.

Reactions: Fan In Black
I knew he was in the league but I never thought the media would ever promote him. Bizzare.

I dont follow the NFL religiously. I know he dropped a girl a few years ago.

I just saw a segment on NBC promoting him in tonights game.

Why does this dude get a pass? It seems strange in today's social climate.

Was there more to the story than him slugging a girl?
Bc the NFL doesn't care about things like that if you're a team's best player.

Not that it makes it ok, but wasn't he like 19 at the time?
Yeah, I believe in second chances. The guy was kicked out of school and lost out on a good first contract because of the incident.

He’s kept his nose clean as far as I know, so I’m good with his playing and promoting him like any other player of his ability. I wouldn’t give him the Walter Payton award, though.

Yeah, I believe in second chances. The guy was kicked out of school and lost out on a good first contract because of the incident.

He’s kept his nose clean as far as I know, so I’m good with his playing and promoting him like any other player of his ability. I wouldn’t give him the Walter Payton award, though.

Honestly I don't think he deserved the crap he got for it in the first place. She hits him first. Did he use excessive force on her for the situation. Yes. But she wasn't a completely innocent party to this either.

The NFL isn't alone in this.

Chapman gets 30-game suspension from MLB​

https://www.mlb.com/news/yankees-aroldis-chapman-suspended-30-games-c165860226
To try and draw a comparison, MLB suspended Trevor Bauer for two seasons; NFL suspended Deshaun Watson for ~2/3 of a season.

Bauer's incident was one woman and an encounter that seemed to start off as consensual and then become assault. Watson's incidents were 24 women who thought they were hired for professional massages and he turned them all into assaults without there ever being consent.

Honestly I don't think he deserved the crap he got for it in the first place. She hits him first. Did he use excessive force on her for the situation. Yes. But she wasn't a completely innocent party to this either.
Ah, the ol' "Equal Rights and Equal Lefts" stance.

Classic.

What school was he kicked out of?

Reactions: mnole03
To try and draw a comparison, MLB suspended Trevor Bauer for two seasons; NFL suspended Deshaun Watson for ~2/3 of a season.

Bauer's incident was one woman and an encounter that seemed to start off as consensual and then become assault. Watson's incidents were 24 women who thought they were hired for professional massages and he turned them all into assaults without there ever being consent.
Comparing dirtbags is always comical to me. Who knows what really happened, but we are pretty sure they are both dirtbags.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT