ADVERTISEMENT

Tesla “Dramatically” Slashes Prices As Stock Plummets

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
Go get you one, boys! Has Musk been quiet the last week or 2 or are folks just ignoring him? Oh, yeah... prolly a Pepsi but I searched.

The company overnight “dramatically” cut prices of its Model 3 and Model Y in the U.S. by a weighted average of about $10,000, or 16%, according to Evercore ISI analysts.

Tesla has experienced a sharp drop in its stock price over the last several months as Musk’s Twitter management led to criticism of his leadership — and as the company faces rising competition with no new vehicles ready to go.

Tesla’s “net favorability” rating among consumers has fallen from 28.1% in March 2022 — the month before Musk offered to buy Twitter — to 12.8% in January 2023, according to Morning Consult Brand Intelligence survey data supplied to Axios.

Last edited:
Reactions: lucas80 and Torg
Almost like we had a thread a month ago where I explained that teslas were nothing more than rushed over produced/priced garbage now. They paved the way for the EV market but have gone down hill since. Maybe it’s just the way it is with Musk. Too much adhd to follow through with a project.

Yes I still would buy one but need more range.

It's amazing how quickly stupid people make assumptions when they could just read. Actually it's not.

Customers either were awaiting this year’s federal tax credits, Case said, or switched to competitors.

“We think it’s now more of a competition thing,” he said.

Tesla still faces the threat of intensifying competition from other automakers in the United States and globally for years to come. Last year in the United States, total EV sales soared nearly 65% from 2021. Automakers sold 47 electric vehicle models; only four were Teslas. S&P Global Mobility expects the number of EV models to surge to 159 by 2025.

And as overall EV sales are rising, Tesla’s U.S. market share is falling. From 2018 through 2020, Tesla represented about 80% of the EV market. By 2021, that figure had sunk to 71%, and it’s continued to decline, according to registration data gathered by S&P.

Case said he has heard longtime Tesla buyers say during the past six months that they aren’t sure about being seen in a Tesla anymore and that they’d now consider buying an EV from a competitor.

Reactions: fsu1jreed and Moral
It's amazing how quickly stupid people make assumptions when they could just read. Actually it's not.

Customers either were awaiting this year’s federal tax credits, Case said, or switched to competitors.

Tesla still faces the threat of intensifying competition from other automakers in the United States and globally for years to come. Last year in the United States, total EV sales soared nearly 65% from 2021. Automakers sold 47 electric vehicle models; only four were Teslas. S&P Global Mobility expects the number of EV models to surge to 159 by 2025.

And as overall EV sales are rising, Tesla’s U.S. market share is falling. From 2018 through 2020, Tesla represented about 80% of the EV market. By 2021, that figure had sunk to 71%, and it’s continued to decline, according to registration data gathered by S&P.

Case said he has heard longtime Tesla buyers say during the past six months that they aren’t sure about being seen in a Tesla anymore and that they’d now consider buying an EV from a competitor.
Sounds like a little bit of everything.

"Case said he has heard longtime Tesla buyers say during the past six months that they aren’t sure about being seen in a Tesla anymore and that they’d now consider buying an EV from a competitor."
So they are going to trash their EV, which doesn't break even on carbon with an ICE until roughly 60k miles, because they don't want to be seen in a Tesla, because of feelings.

This might be the biggest nail in the coffin for "people who drive Teslas are ****ing pussies" I have ever read.

So they are going to trash their EV, which doesn't break even on carbon with an ICE until roughly 60k miles, because they don't want to be seen in a Tesla, because of feelings.

This might be the biggest nail in the coffin for "people who drive Teslas are ****ing pussies" I have ever read.

Where are you getting the idea that the people the person who is quoted is talking about would be trashing their EV? Just your feelings?

Just making up your own imaginary reality, what a beta move.

If I needed a car I would get a model Y.

Now qualifies for the $7500 tax credit.

Much better than a $80k F150 with lower range or a $100k Silverado that you can’t even buy.

Lol at the woke dumbasses that care about Musk politics but are cool with their slave labor iPhone and Nike apparel.
They’re still charging $1000+ for a non-white car and they want $2k more for decent looking wheels. Why is a tow hitch a $1000 option?

Last edited:
Reactions: Moral
Where are you getting the idea that the people the person who is quoted is talking about would be trashing their EV? Just your feelings?

Just making up your own imaginary reality, what a beta move.
"heard longtime Tesla buyers say during the past six months that they aren’t sure about being seen in a Tesla anymore"

You’re such a little snowflake.

"heard longtime Tesla buyers say during the past six months that they aren’t sure about being seen in a Tesla anymore"
Or the price of gas is half of what it was last year and people would rather spend $45k on a better optioned Highlander than a Model Y at $55k.

Yeah, what makes you think the people who don't want to own a Tesla anymore would trash it? As opposed to say selling it, or trading it in for value towards a different vehicle?

Is it your emotions or something that's actually real?

Yeah, what makes you think the people who don't want to own a Tesla anymore would trash it? As opposed to say selling it, or trading it in for value towards a different vehicle?

When you get a different vehicle you have to rent out a large trash can, get a massive liner, drive the car in and put* the can on the curb to get picked up.

Last edited:
Where in any of that does it say anything about trashing the Tesla they already own?

They’re still charging $1000+ for a non-white car and they want $2k more for decent looking wheels. Why is a tow hitch a $1000 option?
fbfaec47-7abd-4ed6-8a59-7fbf1777c4eb_text.gif

They’re still charging $1000+ for a non-white car and they want $2k for decent looking wheels. Why is a tow hitch a $1000 option?
It’s a $1394 option on a Honda Pilot.

Chevy Equinox wants $2095 for “decent looking wheels”

Some Suburban wheels are $3700 option.

I calculated it would cost me $9+ to fully charge a Model Y to the 300+ mile range at my house. Yes I am interested.

Last edited:

You seem to be struggling with this. Only after roughly 60k miles does the Carbon footprint of a EV become less than an ICE.

In otherwords, those dipshits are buying a new EV, fresh off all that carbon that was spent to dig up that battery, and buying a new vehicle, before they even hit neutral for an ICE engine.

I know you are trying to project the word emotional on me, because I made fun of the silly Tree huggers emotions, but you are pissing in the wind.

And I'm laughing.

Reactions: coloradonoles
Where in any of that does it say anything about trashing the Tesla they already own?
Are you reading "long term buyers" as someone who has not yet purchased or someone who has owned the vehicle over the course of the 6 months in question?

I think that is the sticking point.

You seem to be struggling with this. Only after roughly 60k miles does the Carbon footprint of a EV become less than an ICE.

In otherwords, those dipshits are buying a new EV, fresh off all that carbon that was spent to dig up that battery, and buying a new vehicle, before they even hit neutral for an ICE engine.

I know you are trying to project the word emotional on me, because I made fun of the silly Tree huggers emotions, but you are pissing in the wind.

And I'm laughing.

You continue to use your imagination to just make up your own reality. This time in your imaginary world the pussy Tesla owners didn't even make it to 60k miles!!!1 How do you know they didn't make it to 60K miles? Because you imagined it to be so.

Of course - in reality - most people sell or trade vehicles that still work, but in your imagination, the pussies just trash 'em!

It's clear that you don't derive your opinions from facts or evidence, if your imagination isn't tethered to those, I think it's safe to assume they are from your fragile emotions.

Does laughing help with your beta insecurities? Feeling a little low on T lately?

It’s a $1394 option on a Honda Pilot.

Chevy Equinox wants $2095 for “decent looking wheels”

Some Suburban wheels are $3700 option.

I calculated it would cost me $9+ to fully charge a Model Y to the 300+ mile range at my house. Yes I am interested.
Honda lists the part at $275 for the hitch. That’s on a 2023.

If Chevy actually up charges an additional $500 per wheel for decent looking wheels that’s obscene.

Last edited:
Honda lists the part at $275 for the hitch. That’s on a 2023.
Not going to look again. Don’t really care. That’s what it totaled in my build.

Most places charge a premium for certain colors and accessories. My guess is a lot of shit on a standard Tesla costs thousands on other brands.

Never cared about car color, it’s odd that the people that see the color or your car are the people not paying for it. They all look the same from the inside.

Bottom line ….$9 and change to drive 300+ miles.

I think hybrid is solid right now and a great stop gap until electric becomes fully green and practical.

Not going to look again. Don’t really care. That’s what it totaled in my build.

Most places charge a premium for certain colors and accessories. My guess is a lot of shit on a standard Tesla costs thousands on other brands.

Never cared about car color, it’s odd that the people that see the color or your car are the people not paying for it. They all look the same from the inside.

Bottom line ….$9 and change to drive 300+ miles.
Right, and that’s a long way to break even on a $10k difference with gas where it is.

Go get you one, boys! Has Musk been quiet the last week or 2 or are folks just ignoring him? Oh, yeah... prolly a Pepsi but I searched.

The company overnight “dramatically” cut prices of its Model 3 and Model Y in the U.S. by a weighted average of about $10,000, or 16%, according to Evercore ISI analysts.

Tesla has experienced a sharp drop in its stock price over the last several months as Musk’s Twitter management led to criticism of his leadership — and as the company faces rising competition with no new vehicles ready to go.

Tesla’s “net favorability” rating among consumers has fallen from 28.1% in March 2022 — the month before Musk offered to buy Twitter — to 12.8% in January 2023, according to Morning Consult Brand Intelligence survey data supplied to Axios.

Great deal for America - you get the best EV on the planet and at a savings to boot.

Thanks Elon!

• Haha
Reactions: TC Nole OX
You continue to use your imagination to just make up your own reality. This time in your imaginary world the pussy Tesla owners didn't even make it to 60k miles!!!1 How do you know they didn't make it to 60K miles? Because you imagined it to be so.

Of course - in reality - most people sell or trade vehicles that still work, but in your imagination, the pussies just trash 'em!

It's clear that you don't derive your opinions from facts or evidence, if your imagination isn't tethered to those, I think it's safe to assume they are from your fragile emotions.

Does laughing help with your beta insecurities? Feeling a little low on T lately?
Because no one puts 60k miles on vehicle in 6 months.

You are loving this "trash" narrative.

Hey Thorne, quick question:

If Bill buys electric golf cart, knowing that an electric golf cart is actually only better for the environment than a gas cart after 1000 hours of use. Then, sells the cart at 500 hours to buy another electric cart.

Where as Ted buys a gas cart and sells it after 500 to buy another gas cart.

Who is having a more negative impact on our environment?

Hahaha... you are trying soo hard to project your bullshit on.me. good one brah.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT