ADVERTISEMENT

Texas dog walker permanently disfigured in 'bloodthirsty' attack by 2 dogs, lawsuit says

No one victim blames like TJ. NO ONE.
I was quite clear that the owners are human scum who should be required to pay every penny of her ongoing medical bills plus compensation for pain and suffering.

But you live in an imaginary world of absolutes where in any given tragedy, exactly one party’s actions - and only that party’s actions - contributed to the outcome.

So let’s role play this, shall we?

I don’t know if you have kids, but let’s pretend you have a 22-year-old daughter in college. And let’s say that one day she comes to you with exciting news.

“Guess what, daddy! I got a new client for my dog walking business! It’s a couple with a German Shepherd mix and a pitbull mix. Since the husband and wife both work, the dogs are locked in cages all day. So I’m going to go there all alone by myself and let them out of their cages to get some exercise. The dogs are really sweet and they’re kind of spunky. The owners have a sign next to their front door that reads ‘Crazy Dogs. Please Don’t Knock or Ring the Bell. Call or Text Instead’.”

Which of these responses most closely approximates your initial reaction to that news?

A) “I don’t know, honey. That sounds like it might be dangerous. If the dogs get so riled up by visitors that the owners don’t even want people to knock or ring the doorbell then I’m not sure it’s safe for you to enter the house by yourself.”

B) “Capital idea, young lady! Extra cash and not a hint of danger. I can’t think of a single thing that could possibly go wrong.”

I’m more of an ‘A’ guy. I guess you lean toward ‘B’.

I was quite clear that the owners are human scum who should be required to pay every penny of her ongoing medical bills plus compensation for pain and suffering.

But you live in an imaginary world of absolutes where in any given tragedy, exactly one party’s actions - and only that party’s actions - contributed to the outcome.

So let’s role play this, shall we?

I don’t know if you have kids, but let’s pretend you have a 22-year-old daughter in college. And let’s say that one day she comes to you with exciting news.

“Guess what, daddy! I got a new client for my dog walking business! It’s a couple with a German Shepherd mix and a pitbull mix. Since the husband and wife both work, the dogs are locked in cages all day. So I’m going to go there all alone by myself and let them out of their cages to get some exercise. The dogs are really sweet and they’re kind of spunky. The owners have a sign next to their front door that reads ‘Crazy Dogs. Please Don’t Knock or Ring the Bell. Call or Text Instead’.”

Which of these responses most closely approximates your initial reaction to that news?

A) “I don’t know, honey. That sounds like it might be dangerous. If the dogs get so riled up by visitors that the owners don’t even want people to knock or ring the doorbell then I’m not sure it’s safe for you to enter the house by yourself.”

B) “Capital idea, young lady! Extra cash and not a hint of danger. I can’t think of a single thing that could possibly go wrong.”

I’m more of an ‘A’ guy. I guess you lean toward ‘B’.
TL;DR

Call me cynical but I'm wondering if a huge payday is helping the boyfriends decision. Either way, he's there while she needs him. Hopefully they'll be able to construct some sort of human looking face for her. Sad deal.
So you’re saying that’s your price to stay with her, or would it need to be higher?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT