ADVERTISEMENT

Texas sues Biden administration over teenage access to birth control

It's generally not up to the parents if the kid has sex. If bc can prevent someone becoming a parent at 15, I'm all for it.

And not you, just in general, I don't get people that are all up in arms about abortion, yet are also all about limiting access to birth control.

I just don't think teens should be accessing drugs without their parents being aware of it. If it's our job to take care of them til they are 18 but then the government says they can have elective prescription drugs without their parents even knowing, how can the parents fully take care of them. Government has trusted the choices of teenagers over the choices of their parents.

I just don't think teens should be accessing drugs without their parents being aware of it. If it's our job to take care of them til they are 18 but then the government says they can have elective prescription drugs without their parents even knowing, how can the parents fully take care of them. Government has trusted the choices of teenagers over the choices of their parents.

We're not just talking drugs, although those would be included. We're talking all forms of bc. They should all be widely available and low cost or free.

Reactions: RileyHawk
We're not just talking drugs, although those would be included. We're talking all forms of bc. They should all be widely available and low cost or free.

I'm less concerned about things like condoms. But drugs and hormonal birth control seem like something that should go through parents.

I'm less concerned about things like condoms. But drugs and hormonal birth control seem like something that should go through parents.
That means your boys have the option to use birth control, but if your daughter decides to have sex she would have to rely on her partner to provide the protection from unwanted pregnancy. I know you hope that your daughter will choose to wait or to at least talk to you before making that decision, but if she doesn't wouldn't you want her to be able to protect herself?

That means your boys have the option to use birth control, but if your daughter decides to have sex she would have to rely on her partner to provide the protection from unwanted pregnancy. I know you hope that your daughter will choose to wait or to at least talk to you before making that decision, but if she doesn't wouldn't you want her to be able to protect herself?
Not just protection from pregnancy, but STDs. Shouldn't we want them to use all of the tools available to protect them?

Reactions: 3boysmom
In my state you have to have an ID and be over 18 to buy cold meds. Has something to do with meth.

Again I'm less concerned about over the counter stuff.
Not all cold meds, and, only due to people using them to make street drugs which cannot be done with bcp. Bcps are otc in over 100 countries to include the UK. I want to say a couple of years ago a brand or version was developed for otc here but not sure if it happened or was allowed.

The Texas AG should be given a medal for taking this action. These children have no idea what they are doing, they are being led astray by militant groups such as Planned Parenthood which is basically a Dog Whistle for Abortion on Demand.
Stop trying so hard to look like a fool.

Some have stated the answer to my question in their posts already, but I have some questions that could have been in the thread as a poll.

Should female birth control be prescription, or over the counter, or regulated in some other way?
If you don't support parental consent for under 18, what age do you support?
If a minor has a way to get a prescription without their parent knowing about it, i.e. a clinic or planned parenthood, does it really matter if a parent approves?

This is probably another topic, but should there be any kind of tie between a minor getting birth control and enforcing statutory rape laws where age of consent is 18?

Her Mom was like a LOT of Moms were back then.

My Mom told me that if I got pregnant my Dad would leave us and I’d be responsible for my 3 younger siblings not being able to go to college.
I believed her and I was terrified they’d blame me 100% for not getting an education.
Man, people were savagely stupid. I can’t wait to see what kind of shit my generation is LOL’d @ for.

Reactions: goldmom
The fact that you've had discussions with your children about sex and birth control is highly commendable and is a great example for all parents. However, you present that as if it is a solution to unwanted pregnancies and STDs for those under 18 years of age. It's not.

Can you not even imagine that your child might have sex without discussing it with you first and getting your permission? I certainly hope you're not that naive. And if you're not, then would you rather the sex they are having be protected or unprotected from unwanted births and STDs?

I think your stance is understandable as a parent but not very realistic.

The fact that you've had discussions with your children about sex and birth control is highly commendable and is a great example for all parents. However, you present that as if it is a solution to unwanted pregnancies and STDs for those under 18 years of age. It's not.

Can you not even imagine that your child might have sex without discussing it with you first and getting your permission? I certainly hope you're not that naive. And if you're not, then would you rather the sex they are having be protected or unprotected from unwanted births and STDs?

I think your stance is understandable as a parent but not very realistic.

I havn't had in depth conversations about protections and sex yet, they are a bit too young for it. I expect to have more in depth conversations with them about it when they start getting sex ed.

Should birth control be prescription, or over the counter, or regulated in some other way?

Not all birth control is equal, so I'd say that it should depend on what it is,.. Pharmaceuticals, probably best by prescription,.. Simple stuff like condoms, over the counter is just fine...

MMM I wonder how much Planned Parenthood made off selling the baby parts they ripped from the womb? I wonder how many of those parts were still moving around when they sold them?
Hugh Laurie House GIF by Peacock

Reactions: goldmom
Children ask a lot of questions. . . I don't see fit to give them a play by play lesson on how sex is done at this point. They know it takes a man and a woman to make a baby.
That has nothing to do with what I asked you. Here's a reminder:

Also, you won't need to give them a play-by-play, they will figure it out.

This is the kind shit that we won’t go back hits at.
Obviously the cats outta the bag on birth control.

Red States know they can get away with this crap without repercussions.

Guarantee this doesn't happen in the 7/8 swing States because it's a losing issue for Republicans there.
The Texas AG should be given a medal for taking this action. These children have no idea what they are doing, they are being led astray by militant groups such as Planned Parenthood which is basically a Dog Whistle for Abortion on Demand.

Idiot.

You can run, but you can't hide.

The birth control mentality/culture of America actually INCREASES the number of unwanted children.

In 1960, before birth control was widely available, just 5% of children were born out of wedlock.

Today, that number is 40% WITH birth control widespread and available.

So, birth control doesn't actually prevent unwanted children. It does the opposite because Americans don't view sex being for procreation anymore because of the birth control mentality.

Just saying. :)

• Haha
The birth control mentality/culture of America actually INCREASES the number of unwanted children.

In 1960, before birth control was widely available, just 5% of children were born out of wedlock.

So, birth control doesn't actually prevent unwanted children. It does the opposite because Americans don't view sex being for procreation anymore because of the birth control mentality.

The suggestion that a child born out of wedlock is unwanted is nonsense. It demonstrates extremely antiquated thinking. SMH

Last edited:
Reactions: Ree4

Could it be that there were a lot of forced marriages back then? Just because a woman is married when the child is born doesn't mean she was married when the child was conceived.

Could it be that there were a lot of forced marriages back then? Just because a woman is married when the child is born doesn't mean she was married when the child was conceived.
Not to mention that married people had unwanted pregnancies too.

Yeah. There was also a stigma about sex out of marriage which is gone now.

Just saying that lots of folks were doing the horizontal mambo who weren’t married when they got pregnant but WERE married when the baby was born.
FACTS

Reactions: 3boysmom
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT