ADVERTISEMENT

"Thank you", Noah Fant

chodehawk

HR MVP
Oct 9, 2016
Thank you for the great Hawkeye memories, and thank you for establishing your name in Hawkeye lore.

Thank you for choosing Iowa and representing our University as well as anyone could have ever hoped.

We wish you the best at the next level!

Noah is a helluva player, even by the standards of Iowa, TE U. In less than a year he is going to be a wealthy man.

Good for you Noah, Hawkeye #87. Your future autumns will be busy, but come back for a game in Kinnick when you get the chance.

Reactions: WestIAHawk
Good riddance. Can’t block. Drops big pass plays. Gets a lot of penalties. Doesn’t run the right plays. Worst of all a distraction. Team is better without him. Fant couldn’t carry a T.J.’s jock.

Reactions: BlazinHawk
Good riddance. Can’t block. Drops big pass plays. Gets a lot of penalties. Doesn’t run the right plays. Worst of all a distraction. Team is better without him. Fant couldn’t carry a T.J.’s jock.
Owen-Wilson-WTF.gif

While I would have loved to see him play next year, I certainly understand and respect his decision to make the move. It is selfish for fans to think anything other than it is right for him. There will be others who will come and go. There is nothing in any commitment letter that binds a young man to the university for four years and for some to say he should honor his commitment, well, he did! He is not the only one to declare early and wont be the last. Best of luck to you, Noah!

Please change your HR handle to Billy in Madison or The PuppyWhoLost His Way. Because everyone is dumber for reading your ramblings. You are not a Hawkeye fan.

He worked his ass off for 4 years! Great kid! Always a Hawk!
That's amazing, because he's only been here 3 years.
And you're not working your ass off when you don't learn to block or block very hard in games.....and you take plays off during games.
Great kid? You know him personally? He may be, but you wouldn't know that. He could be a huge douche bag as well.

Ok, I don't like Fant and am critical of him, but I think you have gotten a little carried away, lol.

And you're not working your ass off when you don't learn to block or block very hard in games.....and you take plays off during games.
Great kid? You know him personally? He may be, but you wouldn't know that. He could be a huge douche bag as well.

This is rich coming from the board douche bag.

Reactions: CecilBrands
Good Luck Noah! He was a great Hawkeye ... ignore the troll. I'm not sure why some people we can't love both our great TEs and be happy for both of them!

So in your previous post you chastise the person for saying Fant is a great kid. You say the poster doesn't know him and couldn't know that. But you don't like the kid? All you do is lash out at people. Why do angry?
You obviously insert your own bias into post. In no way did I 'chastise' him. I told him he had no way of knowing, nor do you or I. His statement was quite presumptuous.
Is that all I do, lol? So now your going to hyperbolize to support a fallacious statement? The fast majority of my posts, and threads that I start, speak about predictions. Why do stupid?
It amazes me when people put words in peoples mouths and because of their own biases, read things 'between the lines' that don't exist. It normally stems from pomposity.

Noah thanks for being a true Hawkeye and for remaining classy and above the fray when closing out your career as a Hawkeye- always remember to keep your focus on your future. God Bless in your future endeavors. Now go and wow them at the NFL Combine!!!

Noah thanks for being a true Hawkeye and for remaining classy and above the fray when closing out your career as a Hawkeye- always remember to keep your focus on your future. God Bless in your future endeavors. Now go and wow them at the NFL Combine!!!
Skipping the bowl game is not 'classy'. It's selfish and self absorbed. This country's values are circling the drain.

You obviously insert your own bias into post. In no way did I 'chastise' him. I told him he had no way of knowing, nor do you or I. His statement was quite presumptuous.
Is that all I do, lol? So now your going to hyperbolize to support a fallacious statement? The fast majority of my posts, and threads that I start, speak about predictions. Why do stupid?
It amazes me when people put words in peoples mouths and because of their own biases, read things 'between the lines' that don't exist. It normally stems from pomposity.
You said you don't like Fant. Do you know him?

You said you don't like Fant. Do you know him?
I don't like his effort and performance at times, and I don't like these people who skip bowl games. Don't have to know him to make that determination. We have 'data' that we can see. This other fella called him a 'good guy' and without knowing him or having any evidence one way or another to support his claim..... that is presumptuous and dishonest. The end. Move on before I get angry, lol.

I don't like his effort and performance at times, and I don't like these people who skip bowl games. Don't have to know him to make that determination. We have 'data' that we can see. This other fella called him a 'good guy' and without knowing him or having any evidence one way or another to support his claim..... that is presumptuous and dishonest. The end. Move on before I get angry, lol.

Unless Fant has done something that would prove he is not a good guy, it’s best practice in life to assume that he is. If Fant wasn’t a good guy, that kind of information usually leaks.

You, on the other hand, are providing plenty of evidence that you are not a good guy.

Cheers.... such ignorance in your post. Kid grinded for 4 seasons. He is choosing (though I don’t like it) to not play in a meaningless bowl game. This is becoming a common thing with top prospects....Wake up. So he wasn’t the best blocker? Ok he certainly wasn’t a terrible blocker. As far as do I know him personally? No, but I know plenty of teachers and parents in the Omaha area I trust that say he is an incredible young man. Support my claim? Should I sure my sources as well? Good lord, next time I’ll video record conversations with parents when I talk to them about Noah Fants character just make sure I’m credible if I post.

The kid has 10 times the class you will ever have.

Cheers.... such ignorance in your post. Kid grinded for 4 seasons. He is choosing (though I don’t like it) to not play in a meaningless bowl game. This is becoming a common thing with top prospects....Wake up. So he wasn’t the best blocker? Ok he certainly wasn’t a terrible blocker. As far as do I know him personally? No, but I know plenty of teachers and parents in the Omaha area I trust that say he is an incredible young man. Support my claim? Should I sure my sources as well? Good lord, next time I’ll video record conversations with parents when I talk to them about Noah Fants character just make sure I’m credible if I post.

The kid has 10 times the class you will ever have.
Fant would run down and congratulate Hock when he scored a TD. He would tap Stanley's helmet on overthrows. Signs of a team player.

Unless Fant has done something that would prove he is not a good guy, it’s best practice in life to assume that he is. If Fant wasn’t a good guy, that kind of information usually leaks.

You, on the other hand, are providing plenty of evidence that you are not a good guy.
Unless you have proof of anything it's best not to render an uninformed opinion. Your first statement is the very definition of an 'argument from ignorance'.

Name one person where that information has 'leaked' while they were still a member of the team.

Please share this alleged evidence that I am not a good guy? I am a person of incredibly high integrity, morals, ethics and my values have not been corrupted by the 'ways of the world'. You have evidence of nothing, except that you disagree with me which must make me 'bad', because you're 'good', right? Another argument from ignorance.

I know him and he's a great kid ... you don't know him and yet you are telling everyone how terrible he is. You proved who the DB is ... and it's you.

You don't know him. Besides being a blithering idiot, you are a bald faced liar. And yes, I was a defensive back in high school and college, although I'm not sure how I proved that?

I live in Omaha and I know him .... you are the idiot and the liar .... it's funny you claim to have been a DB in high school and college and now you are a DB afterward ... congratulations, you win the stupid award.

I live in Omaha and I know him .... you are the idiot and the liar .... it's funny you claim to have been a DB in high school and college and now you are a DB afterward ... congratulations, you win the stupid award.
Living in the same town that someone is from is your 'evidence' that you know him on a personal level. LMAO. I live in Liverpool, me and Paul McCartney are tight and he's a good guy, LOL. Just shut up. Wannabe.......

Living in the same town that someone is from is your 'evidence' that you know him on a personal level. LMAO. I live in Liverpool, me and Paul McCartney are tight and he's a good guy, LOL. Just shut up. Wannabe.......

Why are you such an idiot? You add nothing here ... and knowing a kid that plays football doesn't make someone a wannabe, as you put it. You are the starstruck DB that thinks your measly athletic career is worth pointing out on this board ... crawl back into your hole. Yes, I know Noah and it's not that big of a deal, I know other guys that have played FB for Iowa ... big deal. I was simply pointing out that he is a great kid and that people like you are a joke ... thanks for proving my point.

Skipping the bowl game is not 'classy'. It's selfish and self absorbed. This country's values are circling the drain.

I disagree with you 100%. Noah has been an outstanding player for the Hawks and all Hawk fans should thank him for the great memories. Will never forget the TD catch against Ohio State when he ran into the tunnel.

I do not blame him for skipping the game, at this point he needs to think about the future. Would I like to see him one more time, yes. But he has made a prudent decision for his future, so I want to wish him the best.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT