ADVERTISEMENT

Thankful Hawkeye fan here

sultanofsuede

HR Heisman
Nov 30, 2004
This team did more than I expected and their presence on the national level was special. I’m just so thankful for the great games we got to see It got to the point in the tournament that I really wanted them to win so we could keep watching them play their game (‘Moreso than the big prize at the end).

I told my family i’n most happy to have had the time to watch these games with them. I grew up in the time of the Raycom network and have such awesome memories of our family making a giant bowl of popcorn on a cold winter weeknight to watch all the games. This run by this team gave me that with my own family. We watched as many games as we could and even made a big bowl of popcorn for all of them. We started getting goofy superstitious by sitting in the same seats for every game once the BIg 10 tourney started (it almost worked). I put my kids to bed tonight and they both talked about how cool these game nights have been.

My wife doesn’t really get into sports but she was so bought in, she was a bigger fam than me.

Two funny quips from the kids at bed time:

12 yo: I miss them already.
13 yo: I think CC’s dad seems like he would be in your group of friends.

Hilarious. Memories. Thankful. Go Hawks!

Last edited:
This team did more than I expected and their presence on the national level was special. I’m just so thankful for the great games we got to see It got to the point in the tournament that I really wanted them to win so we could keep watching them play their game (‘Moreso than the big prize at the end).

I told my family i’n most happy to have had the time to watch these games with them. I grew up in the time of the Raycim network and have such awesome memories of our family making a giant bowl of popcorn on a cold winter weeknight to watch all the game.. This run by this team gave me that with my own family. We watched as many games as we could and even made a big bowl of popcorn for all of them. We started getting goofy superstitious by sitting in the same seats for every game once the BIg 10 tourney started (it almost worked). I put my kids to bed tonight and they both talked about how cool these game nights have been.

My wife doesn’t really get into sports but she was so bought in, she was a bigger fam than me.

Two funny quips from the kids at bed time:

12 yo: I miss them already.
13 yo: I think CC’s dad seems like he would be in your group of friends.

Hilarious. Memories. Thankful. Go Hawks!
Amen! This was a special team. I chatted with my 86 year old father after the game and we both shared how much joy they brought to us and to the college game. My Mom - who is NOT a sports fan - even came to the point this season of telling my father that he ‘better remind her’ when Clark and the women are playing.

It's been a glorious ride these past two seasons! It's always fun watching your favorite team do well, but this team was special. Such a hardworking, clutch-performing and classy group of young ladies.

Thanks you Lisa, CC and all for taking us along for the ride!

Reactions: Rustys Dad
My Mom, 91, was in hospice with her family by her side and asked if we could turn on the Ohio State game. We raised her bed and she watched with a smile on her face. By half time she was tired so the volume went down and she closed her eyes. Later that evening, most of the family had left for the day. She opened her eyes and looked at me. In a whisper she asked, "Did the gals win?" I said, they won Mom. She smiled and she gave me a thumbs up. So thank you Lady Hawks for making her smile one last time. She drifted back to sleep and passed away, two days later. I know she had the best seat watching down from above. I'm sure she would have given the lady Hawks a thumbs up.

Gunner my condolences to you and your family. My mother was also never a sports fan but became the biggest Iowa women's fan and never missed a game until she passed away in late January. My final story of her mirrors almost exactly yours as I got one final smile from my mom a few days before she passed away. Huge thanks to this special group of ladies for bringing us together in ways I never thought possible. This year will bring a smile and a tear every time I think of it for the rest of my life. Gunner may she rest in peace. Go Hawks.

Gunner my condolences to you and your family. My mother was also never a sports fan but became the biggest Iowa women's fan and never missed a game until she passed away in late January. My final story of her mirrors almost exactly yours as I got one final smile from my mom a few days before she passed away. Huge thanks to this special group of ladies for bringing us together in ways I never thought possible. This year will bring a smile and a tear every time I think of it for the rest of my life. Gunner may she rest in peace. Go Hawks.
Thanks ToddH,

My condolences to you also. Our Mom's had the best seat in the house. My Mom was a big sports fan, probably because of my Dad. One of my parents early dates was to the womens high school tourney in Des Moines.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT