ADVERTISEMENT

That damn Ron DeSantis is at it again...

The Tradition

HR King
Apr 23, 2002
TALLAHASSEE — Patients will be allowed to use telehealth technology to renew physician approvals for medical marijuana, under a bill signed Monday by Gov. Ron DeSantis.

The bill (HB 387) also could help Black farmers get valuable medical-marijuana licenses after years of delays.

Under the measure, physicians will still have to conduct in-person exams before approving patients for medical marijuana. But it will allow physicians to use telehealth visits for exams needed to renew approvals, an option that supporters say will increase patient access to medical-marijuana treatment.

Many patients have been diagnosed with serious medical conditions that make it difficult for them to travel to doctors’ offices.

“I’m thrilled. It’s a great win for patients,” Barry Gordon, a Venice-based physician who specializes in medical marijuana, told The News Service of Florida after DeSantis signed the bill.

The measure also seeks to address a controversy about medical-marijuana licenses for Black farmers. A 2017 law that provided an overall framework for the medical-marijuana industry required health officials to issue a license to a Black farmer who was a “recognized class member” in class-action lawsuits over lending discrimination by the federal government — known as the Pigford litigation.

But the Florida Department of Health did not choose a Black farmer for the license until September 2022, when it selected Suwannee County farmer Terry Donnell Gwinn. The decision to award a license to Gwinn has been challenged in court, and the license has not been issued.

The bill could lead to the Department of Health issuing a license to Gwinn and possibly other applicants, based on certain criteria.

Medical marijuana is such a joke. You can probably get it for an ingrown hair. Just legalize it for everyone.

As it is currently in Pooplandia, (Florida) the medical marijuana market is a huge grift mostly for a handful of connected republican donors.

One of the first things DeSantis did as governor was tell the legislature to stop dragging their feet implementing the medical marijuana ballot initiative. The voters have spoken, make it so.

He's not in favor of the recreational initiative, though.

• Haha
Reactions: Chishawk1425
I'm honestly surprised Hawaii hasn't legalized it for recreational use. Some of the best weed strains come from there, and it's a very blue state.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
I'm honestly surprised Hawaii hasn't legalized it for recreational use. Some of the best weed strains come from there, and it's a very blue state.
The largest demographic is Asian-American. I can’t think of an Asian country that isn’t culturally anti-drug.

And that impacts you? You live in Florida? Let go of politics my man. Go get rid of the tire you got under your man boobs and spend time living. Every time I jump on here all I see is your crap. Change your life.

And that impacts you? You live in Florida? Let go of politics my man. Go get rid of the tire you got under your man boobs and spend time living. Every time I jump on here all I see is your crap. Change your life.

Who are you replying to?

Yeah, he’s killing it.

It is not going to be used until FDOT conducts a review of its POSSIBLE use as one component mixed in.
It’s a by product of the large phosphate industry in central Florida that’s been prominent for over a hundred years in the area around Bartow, which is southeast of Tampa.
Gets some of it off the ground and recycled.
No roads in Florida will be glowing from using “radioactive “ material.
LOL at yet another media slam on anything and everything Florida and the Governor.

Reactions: seminoleed
This ...it'll probably be on the ballot for 2024
I think you’re right.
There are CBD and medical dispensaries on every corner here now.
I got some CBD ointment for my knee and when I went in the clerk asked me if I wanted CBD to get happy or just deal with getting through the day. LOL

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT