ADVERTISEMENT

The ACC and SEC have committed to 8 game conf schedules for the foreseeable future. Why the F does idiotic BIG leadership want to stay with 9?!?

curtisj157

HR All-State
Aug 26, 2021
F’n stupid if other conf are at 8. I’m for a 10 game conf schedule but only if the other conferences do the same. Another example of piss poor BIG leadership in many examples of stupidity.

Reactions: Stoopsbrother
I think the Big should still go to 10 games. These are meaningful games with fan bases wanting to see the rivarlies intact and new rivalries start up.

With a 10 game conf schedule a team like Iowa can schedule two lesser opponents or one lesser opponent and a team like ISU which is P5 and then go to the league games. I would much rather watch an extra conference game than Iowa vs Ball State for the 3rd game.

I think the Big should still go to 10 games. These are meaningful games with fan bases wanting to see the rivarlies intact and new rivalries start up.

With a 10 game conf schedule a team like Iowa can schedule two lesser opponents or one lesser opponent and a team like ISU which is P5 and then go to the league games. I would much rather watch an extra conference game than Iowa vs Ball State for the 3rd game.
What I think Curtis is getting at here is that those other conferences will schedule 4 cupcakes to pad their record instead of 3. It matters for the CFP…

Also dont forget that the SEC typically would save one of their cupcakes for later in the season, and get in a conference game earlier than everybody else to take advantage od SEC teams beating up overrated SEC teams early while they were still ranked (up until the last few years when the B1G started having conference matchups the first 3 weeks).

I guess it looks more impressive when Bama beats a South Carolina team in esrly septemver vs an unranked South Carolina team in late october or november.

With the expanded conference, i would prefer a 10 game conference schedule as a consumer. If i am spending money going to a game, i would rsther see any B1G matchup over a matchup with middle tennessee state.

Reactions: MeetTheFerentzes
What I think Curtis is getting at here is that those other conferences will schedule 4 cupcakes to pad their record instead of 3. It matters for the CFP…
I get that but I hope the Big 10 decides to make their statement to the CFP by playing a 10 game conf season. If one or two Big 10 teams can make it through that schedule undefeated or with one loss then that makes their case better for being in the CFP and getting a higher seed.

That extra Big game is worth way more than playing Ball St or Mid Tenn ST, especially if you are one of two top teams in the league.

I get that but I hope the Big 10 decides to make their statement to the CFP by playing a 10 game conf season. If one or two Big 10 teams can make it through that schedule undefeated or with one loss then that makes their case better for being in the CFP and getting a higher seed.

That extra Big game is worth way more than playing Ball St or Mid Tenn ST, especially if you are one of two top teams in the league.
With an expanded CFP, this makes sense…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT