ADVERTISEMENT

The announcers for today's game

jsbailey324

Scout Team
Jan 26, 2015
My god that was by far the worst announcing job I have ever watched. The blatant bias against Iowa, the incorrect facts and statistics, ect. They should be shown the door. On the other hand if the biggest issue we have (other than injuries) is how bad a job the announcer's did then that's probably a good thing! Go hawks

Amen, brother. What a horse**** performance. They spent more time dissing Iowa and talking about Michigan and Michigan State than they did anything else, except providing misinformation. Hell, Iowa in 2009 won @ top 25 PSU, @ top 25 MSU, and lost to a top ten Ohio State @ Columbus with a backup QB in his first start by 3 points in OT. I guess that's what that slimeball Griese meant when he said Iowa has a good team every four or five years when they have an easy schedule.

And late in the game they were so busy talking about everything except the game in front of them that one of them actually said, "By the way, it looks like Mitchell is injured."

Absolute, unadulterated horse manure.

Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out what year the Hawkeyes almost ran the table and then got beat bad by LSU?

Reactions: NashvilleHawk
ESPN has an agenda. You hear great love for Michigans beatdown of NW and almost nothing about the Hawks win. It's all about the SEC and when Memphis kicks Ole Miss the Memphis QB is the greatest.

No question announcers spent too much time talking about other teams and other games. And they weren't giving out compliments to Iowa easily. Thought they did a poor job.

Pasch play by play I like pretty solid. Griese usually not that bad but man heard waaaaaaay too much about Michigan Msu game today. Only thing I couldn't believe when said east had top 4 teams in big 10. No way penn st is top 4 team in the conference.

as a fan, I kinda like the dopey disrespect that the talking heads provide.

If the narrative is to change, they need to continue sustaining success instead of crumbling when there are expectations nationally. i get why there can be a "prove it" attitude...but it can be done without a lot of the bias and making stuff up (i was not able to watch the game today, so I don't know how awful it was)

And they were doing interviews right before the game with Northwestern coach, and were actually saying some survey had Northwestern as a slight favorite to "upset" the Hawkeyes, and showed a lot more Northwestern players then too. I don't think there was a single interview with Ferentz the whole game.

I remember one of them saying that one of our punts early on wasn't that good, just because he kicked it closer to the end zoned and it was shorter than usual, but it's better in that situation that he did kick it so that it didn't have a touchback and be brought out to the 25. Our punting was one of our big strengths the rest of the game, especially compared to NW's punter to win the field position battles all day.

My god that was by far the worst announcing job I have ever watched. The blatant bias against Iowa, the incorrect facts and statistics, ect. They should be shown the door. On the other hand if the biggest issue we have (other than injuries) is how bad a job the announcer's did then that's probably a good thing! Go hawks
They sucked a**!

Pretty sure they were either drunk, stoned, or maybe not even in the booth anymore later in the game, as they were not even commenting on the game much and making some ridiculous comments, e.g.; "Iowa will move to 3-0 overall, and 7-0 in the big ten".....I swear someone actually said that:)

Some people will find anything to complain about. The announcers were fine and were not over the top biased against Iowa. Do you realize how difficult it is for announcers to find interesting things to talk about when the game is a blowout?

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
Some people will find anything to complain about. The announcers were fine and were not over the top biased against Iowa. Do you realize how difficult it is for announcers to find interesting things to talk about when the game is a blowout?

I don't know if you're talking about me? I wasn't complaining. I thought it was kinda funny.

as a fan, I kinda like the dopey disrespect that the talking heads provide.

If the narrative is to change, they need to continue sustaining success instead of crumbling when there are expectations nationally. i get why there can be a "prove it" attitude...but it can be done without a lot of the bias and making stuff up (i was not able to watch the game today, so I don't know how awful it was)
The point is Michigan is getting all the pub, but they haven't done anything to prove it lately. Michigan beating down Northwestern means that they are back. Iowa beats down Northwestern in a similar fashion, but somehow Michigan and other East teams are still clearly better than Iowa. Just like last year, when the talking heads pronounce the East to be the better division, yet the divisions were .500 against one another.

The point is Michigan is getting all the pub, but they haven't done anything to prove it lately. Michigan beating down Northwestern means that they are back. Iowa beats down Northwestern in a similar fashion, but somehow Michigan and other East teams are still clearly better than Iowa. Just like last year, when the talking heads pronounce the East to be the better division, yet the divisions were .500 against one another.

Michigan will always get the pub because they are Michigan. Right or wrong, that is just how it is. A lot of teams that get pub and a lot of teams that get ranked highly in the preseason haven't done anything to deserve it (Teams like South Carolina and Georgia come to mind in the SEC...start season ranked high, and more often than not end up finishing the season mediocre at best).

All Iowa has to do is keep winning. Sustain a higher level of success over a few years and don't fold when the expectations are high and Iowa is getting "the pub" (ie: 2010) and the narrative will start changing.

I just hope the teams coming up on the believe what the talking heads spew

All Iowa has to do is keep winning. Sustain a higher level of success over a few years and don't fold when the expectations are high and Iowa is getting "the pub" (ie: 2010) and the narrative will start changing.
This and this year just keep winning this year and hope other undeated teams lose.

To all you guys always bitching about the announcers - congratulations for acting like an immature bar slut.

Some of you guys must get absolutely shitfaced while watching the game, which makes you turn everything the announcers say into a science project. Great work in critiquing, and pretty much scrutinizing a simple conversation of a football game -- God forbid you actually try to be receptive of a simple broadcast.

For fock sake, there was absolutely nothing wrong with today's announcers.

I'm pretty sure the last time either of those announcers had even watched an Iowa game was in 2007. They had no idea what they were talking about.

What got was all the talk about our weak upcoming schedule. At the end of the game the PBP guy talked about the weak schedule. Then the very next sentence said the same thing.

I think maybe you're the one who's had too much to drink. Rewatch the game so you can realize you need to delete this post. Thanks

The tired old horrible announcers thread.
Well to be fair...these guys didn't seem like they did much homework on Iowa. I don't think it's too much to expect.....

The blowout loss to LSU and attributing good Hawk seasons to easy schedules just is plain wrong. Didn't seem like Griese (sp?) was really up on the CJ injury situation at the start of the game judging by some of his comments.

Lazy announcers not doing their homework just bugs me....

Reactions: td77
like most media; print, tv, radio, et al, they are lazy. one can almost predict their commentary, as it is obvious they rely on internet chat rooms and message boards for their research. That also includes local media outlets.

BTW.....game replay on BTN right now.

What got was all the talk about our weak upcoming schedule. At the end of the game the PBP guy talked about the weak schedule. Then the very next sentence said the same thing.

Was anything inaccurate?

Pasch play by play I like pretty solid. Griese usually not that bad but man heard waaaaaaay too much about Michigan Msu game today. Only thing I couldn't believe when said east had top 4 teams in big 10. No way penn st is top 4 team in the conference.

This.....most of the time I am so focused on the game I miss much of what is being said but I would hope now that Penn St got whacked by OSU that nonsense goes away. OSU appears to be getting their act together and MSU escaped but I still consider them the top 2. But Penn State top 4? No way. Offense lacking big time.

They just weren't very well prepared. Nothing was mentioned about Wadley's big game against NW last season. Thought they did a decent job except for the references to the "weak" western division. Other than OSU, MSU and possibly UM, the eastern division isn't very strong. When healthy, Iowa, as they continue to progress would hold their own against those three teams. The key is running the football and stopping the run.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT