ADVERTISEMENT

The announcers for today's game

The announcing was nothing compared to espn highlights of the game. It's like they had an intern read off notecards. I'd rather listen to chalk scrapping than that minute of fine work lol

For an 11am CST game, either on ABC or ESPN2, you would think that announcers would've done more homework.
Bob Griese was brutal as an announcer, and Brian has been pretty solid, up until yesterday.
I'm not sure if Pasch or Griese were given orders on what to say by the four-letter-network.

Still trying to remember when LSU blew us out, according to Griese.
I do remember an LSU player faking an injury in the 4th quarter, when had the momentum to TIE the game.

It's probably been 4 years, since I complained about an announcing crew, except with Reba McEntire sound-alike, is doing play by play, which is routine.

I'm never sure why, in a blowout game, announcers decide to start talking about another game. The only people still watching are the fans of the winning team. Why the hell would we want to hear a Michigan alum rant and rave about Michigan during our game, especially after completely dismissing our team as being undefeated simply because we "have an easy schedule". I always know it's coming but it's still irritating.

Did I hear Giese correctly when he said "the team that plays better in the second half will go a long way toward who wins the game."

I should have rewound it to check. Anybody remember hearing something similar to that? I hope I misheard him.

Pasch and Griese did a fine job. All good fact based analysis. Especially the comments on how hawks can be good every five years or so when they are loaded with upperclassmen, easy schedule, etc....I thoroughly enjoyed the commentary knowing it would tweak you guys.

I'm never sure why, in a blowout game, announcers decide to start talking about another game. The only people still watching are the fans of the winning team. Why the hell would we want to hear a Michigan alum rant and rave about Michigan during our game, especially after completely dismissing our team as being undefeated simply because we "have an easy schedule". I always know it's coming but it's still irritating.

I remember the part of this game when an Iowa player was just injured and was being shown limping off the field to the sideline, and the announcer was going off on some tangent on a Michigan game and wouldn't even stop that line to note what was happening in real time that had real relevance to what was happening in the game. That was pretty poor from where I stood. I wouldn't even have minded it if he picked up that thought later but interrupted his monologue with some commentary of what was happening on the field then. That sort of deference to the fans' interest should be paramount to do his job right.

Reactions: tedboy78
They had some blunders, but still gave the hawks some praise. Griese said that he was impressed with Bethard, that we had talented running backs, excellent linebackers, and an overall very good defense.

Did I hear Giese correctly when he said "the team that plays better in the second half will go a long way toward who wins the game."

I should have rewound it to check. Anybody remember hearing something similar to that? I hope I misheard him.

That is exactly what he said. I heard it live but was reminded of it watching the 60 minute replay. No kidding Mr. Griese!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT