ADVERTISEMENT

The Best Hot Dogs in Every State

RicoSuave102954

HR All-American
Jul 17, 2023
Montezuma, Iowa
I'm going to start this out by saying no way in hell is this the best dog in Iowa.

Iowa​

The Flying Wienie, Cedar Rapids

You don’t need to head to the Windy City for a great Chicago-style dog. Instead, blow over to the Flying Wienie. This Cedar Rapids hot dog joint is known for its classic Chicago dogs and dogs-to-go (snag a 12-pack for a party). You can also enjoy Italian beef and other Midwest faves here.

AA1lv0L0.img

George's Chili King has the best dog in the midwest whoever wrote that article needs to get out of Cedar Rapids and see the rest of the country.

B9317068399Z.1_20150422145734_000_GNLAIP07C.1-0.jpg

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodnews/the-best-hot-dogs-in-every-state/ar-AA1lv85K#:~:text=The Best Hot Dogs in Every State 1,Delaware Deerhead Hot Dogs, Newark ... More items

Last edited:
I will choose DM options 99% of the time over anything in CR, but this would be the 1% of the time I go with the CR option.

I grew up in DM and my dad was a huge fan of George's. A great place, good rings and Tenderloin, but it was the place that showed me that I'm not a fan of a coney/chili dog. No thanks.

I usually get the Italian sausage or beef Sammy at the Wein, but the Chicago dogs are pretty damn good.

CR for the very rare win. Honestly, nothing else comes to mind where CR has a better option than DM in terms of pretty much anything...closer to IC I suppose.

I've said this before. The 2am I'm hammered gas station roller dog that's been spinning for hours. No matter what state you're in.

Reactions: General Tso
Iowa
The Flying Wienie, Cedar Rapids

You don’t need to head to the Windy City for a great Chicago-style dog. Instead, blow over to the Flying Wienie. This Cedar Rapids hot dog joint is known for its classic Chicago dogs and dogs-to-go (snag a 12-pack for a party). You can also enjoy Italian beef and other Midwest faves here.

Been there but only once and it was years ago.

Never went back so it couldn't have been that great.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT