ADVERTISEMENT

The Biden admin is considering bringing Palestinians to the US as refugees...

lol, tell that to Iowa City’s numerous Persians who party, support gat marriage, and aren’t religious. (That would involve going to the big scary college town full of people who aren’t white though, so you probably won’t be doing that.)
you aren't talking about Persians, who hate being identified as Iranians. You are talking about a different group of people. You know not all ME people are the same...right?

90+ % of them polled supported hamas in Decemeber of 2023.

Doesn't really matter what old polls said,.. If Palestinians truly disagree with having Hamas in control of their lives, right now is the moment when they need to rise up, join with Israel and kick Hamas out,.. If they can't find it in themselves to take advantage of this situation, they must be in agreement with Hamas.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Doesn't really matter what old polls said,.. If Palestinians truly disagree with having Hamas in control of their lives, right now is the moment when they need to rise up, join with Israel and kick Hamas out,.. If they can't find it in themselves to take advantage of this situation, they must be in agreement with Hamas.

That's like asking a kid if they want to live with their abusive father or their abusive step-father.

Reactions: Firekirknow
That's like asking a kid if they want to live with their abusive father or their abusive step-father.

No, it's more like expecting the kid to step up and do something to save himself,.. If the Palestinians aren't interested in saving themselves, I've lost interest also...

I said dumbasses like you, you have aligned with ihhawk or whatever his name is read the thread. He said Israel needs to finish the job which means eliminating Palestine.
You have derailed. Probably time to take that break you mentioned.

I find it hilarious that the people cheering this idea on are also the ones always warning us about the impending death of democracy.

Beyond again saying our immigration laws badly need reforming if people who want to stay aren’t allowed to, I don’t see this as an either/or problem.

Vet these refugees as thoroughly as possible and let them in if they pass.
To the earlier posters point. This should not be America's role here or in any similar situation. They should be temporarily allowed to live in countries in their region that would require little to no culture or language change.

They don't want to? Our role should be to pressure the other countries to accept them anyway, not by writing checks but by restricting money we already spend with them.

I find it hilarious that the people cheering this idea on are also the ones always warning us about the impending death of democracy.

After spending 5 minutes googling this it appears that Chaudary (who in every article I read about him was referred to a radical activist/preacher not "scholar") made these statements in 2010. And it doesn't look like any of the countries he mentioned will be anywhere close to Sharia law in the next 1-6 years.

After spending 5 minutes googling this it appears that Chaudary (who in every article I read about him was referred to a radical activist/preacher not "scholar") made these statements in 2010. And it doesn't look like any of the countries he mentioned will be anywhere close to Sharia law in the next 1-6 years.
Sharia law must be like the climate change of theocracies. The doom is never as close as you think.

To the earlier posters point. This should not be America's role here or in any similar situation. They should be temporarily allowed to live in countries in their region that would require little to no culture or language change.

They don't want to? Our role should be to pressure the other countries to accept them anyway, not by writing checks but by restricting money we already spend with them.
There are tens of thousands of refugees - idk what the latest number is. Yeah, I'd agree the neighboring countries should all step up and take up the bulk...but i don't get why we shouldn't (and any nation with the ability to do so) do the morally right thing and offer sanctuary to some of the refugees.

For some reason it's being portrayed like we're going to take all the Palestinian refugees. We're obviously not. If nothing else, it would be a logistical nightmare bringing them all here.

There are tens of thousands of refugees - idk what the latest number is. Yeah, I'd agree the neighboring countries should all step up and take up the bulk...but i don't get why we shouldn't (and any nation with the ability to do so) do the morally right thing and offer sanctuary to some of the refugees.

For some reason it's being portrayed like we're going to take all the Palestinian refugees. We're obviously not. If nothing else, it would be a logistical nightmare bringing them all here.
1. The surrounding countries could easily handle refugees.
2. I'm not advocating that we do nothing. We can assist in setting them up in surrounding countries though humanitarian aid, even housing. Our military can stand up bases in a matter of days/weeks in the middle of the desert. No reason we couldn't help in similar fashion setting up refugee cities.

It simply doesn't make sense to put them on planes and bring them here. The reasons for doing that are cosmetic, done for optics.

It isn't good for them, or us.

1. The surrounding countries could easily handle refugees.
2. I'm not advocating that we do nothing. We can assist in setting them up in surrounding countries though humanitarian aid, even housing. Our military can stand up bases in a matter of days/weeks in the middle of the desert. No reason we couldn't help in similar fashion setting up refugee cities.

It simply doesn't make sense to put them on planes and bring them here. The reasons for doing that are cosmetic, done for optics.

It isn't good for them, or us.
Agree that our military could set up refugee camps quickly out there…once they’re there. And given that the number of refugees is only going to increase if Bibi does continue their attack into Rafah (sp?). There are limits to what could be added to those camps.

Agree that our military could set up refugee camps quickly out there…once they’re there. And given that the number of refugees is only going to increase if Bibi does continue their attack into Rafah (sp?). There are limits to what could be added to those camps.
They can be anywhere in 48 hours, and other countries could and should chip in (the US military operating alone in the desert in a Muslim country wouldn't be wise anyway).

And to your point, it certainly would not be luxury living... Nor should it be.

But, FAU is "not a MAGA", despite bringing up 15-yr-old BS that clearly identifies him as "MAGA-Adjacent"...

Right on cue! One of the leaders of the "End of Democracy" Chicken Little cult who's all in favor of importing actual people who proclaim they want to end democracy and murder the LGBTQs who are cheering for them. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.
i knew it....screaming about SHARIA LAW is back baby!

the people who insist on always using obama's middle name are going to be thrilled!

• Haha
Reactions: Joes Place
if you're insinuating i said that (or anything close to that)...false
OK. My bad for insinuating that.

However, for the last 5 years or so the Dems on here have been screaming at the clouds about the end of democracy and antisemitism. And now they fully support importing a population of refugees who want nothing more than to end democracy and wipe Jews off the Earth. And you can't find the stupidity in that? Really?

However, for the last 5 years or so the Dems on here have been screaming at the clouds about the end of democracy

Justice Luttig has actually told you that Trump's "absolute immunity" claims are exactly this.
As well as many other prominent conservatives.

You continue to peddle this false narrative that "just Dems" are sounding the alarms on what the GOP has become.

However, for the last 5 years or so the Dems on here have been screaming at the clouds about the end of democracy and antisemitism. And now they fully support importing a population of refugees who want nothing more than to end democracy and wipe Jews off the Earth. And you can't find the stupidity in that? Really?
i am no more frightened of sharia law now than i was when it was newt ginerich's favorite impending threat ten or so years ago

Isn’t Islamic scholar sort of a contradiction in terms?
How scholarly does one need to be to just shout kill everyone who doesn’t follow Islam?

Impressive, how we can paint all Muslims with a Broad Brush, based on the actions of extremists, then scream Bloody Murder when anyone paints all conservatives as Radical MAGAs...

i am no more frightened of sharia law now than i was when it was newt ginerich's favorite impending threat ten or so years ago
Great. You're normal. This is for all of those dopes who think "Democracy is in danger" if Trump gets elected, while supporting anti-democratic/ anti-Semitic terrorist sympathizers to come live here. Many in this thread

Reactions: goldmom
Great. You're normal. This is for all of those dopes who think "Democracy is in danger" if Trump gets elected, while supporting anti-democratic/ anti-Semitic terrorist sympathizers to come live here. Many in this thread
thing that scary group of immigrants might do vs thing political party is actively doing while telling you they are doing it

Reactions: sober_teacher
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT