ADVERTISEMENT

The Biden economy is glorious

And when lower/middle income people don't have to pay exorbitant amounts of money for "monopoly" services like internet or healthcare, they have more money to create that economic prosperity.

In fact, some form of universal healthcare NOT tied to employment would enable many to start their own companies, instead of staying in a "safe" job that those services are tied to.
How does ‘universal healthcare’ avoid being a “monopoly” service?

Investment that enables greater production is how you create economic prosperity.

I would expect redirection of resources to the lower/middle class to increase consumption over investment, eating a greater portion of the capital ‘seed corn’ that is requisite for increasing productivity and economic growth.

I would expect heightened consumption now to come at the compounded expense of more production later.
So you must be a big proponent of the Build Back Better bill - that's direct investment to drive greater production.

Consumption, and confidence in sustained consumption, drive investment and production. No company is going to invest in more production if they believe people are going to slow or stop consuming their goods or services.

You remind me of George Costanza on Seinfeld when asked by the head of NBC about his proposal for a show about "nothing". He asked "why will people watch it" and George answers "because it's on TV". You're equally clueless.

Reactions: Joes Place
How does ‘universal healthcare’ avoid being a “monopoly” service?

Eliminates the massive amounts of money we spend on "middlemen".

US administrative costs for healthcare are around 20% or higher.
In countries that have universal care, those numbers range from 6-8%

So, we spend 3x or more on those "middlemen" costs. Eliminating that drops your healthcare spend by 15% or more, right out of the gate.

Btw, per this board for 4 years, this is still the previous president's economy for another couple years. Just fyi.

Reactions: ihhawk
Btw, per this board for 4 years, this is still the previous president's economy for another couple years. Just fyi.
We obviously have the foundation that was set up during the Obama years and Trump built on that until Covid happened. We have a great foundation for this economy to explode, if like I said previously, the supply chain issues get figured out. It will be interesting to see how the Dems try to message this (never has been a strong suit on economic messaging for the left) and how they build on this economy in 2022.

Reactions: DooBii
So you must be a big proponent of the Build Back Better bill - that's direct investment to drive greater production.

No, I don’t have your faith in central planning effectively allocating investment.

Consumption, and confidence in sustained consumption, drive investment and production.
I’m in favor of market drive consumption, investment and production. The market system has pricing feedback to guide investment and end malinvestment.
There is no mechanism beyond more politics to end malinvestment directed by bureaucracies

No company is going to invest in more production if they believe people are going to slow or stop consuming their goods or services.
Yep, that’s the price feedback I’m talking about. Real, sustainable economic growth requires it.

Putting a bunch of paper notes in people’s hands without there having been any additional production gives false price signals to producers, investors and consumers about how much wealth is actually available for consumption/investment/savings. It’s why inflation is deleterious to economic decision making beyond just being an immoral reallocation of wealth to whomever gets the fresh notes first.

You remind me of George Costanza on Seinfeld when asked by the head of NBC about his proposal for a show about "nothing". He asked "why will people watch it" and George answers "because it's on TV". You're equally clueless.
I have one for you, Costanza:

Why is counterfeiting bad?

While I’m no fan of the increasing costs for foodstuffs, we have been living in an unrealistic and artificially depressed food pricing market for decades.

No, I don’t have your faith in central planning effectively allocating investment.

I’m in favor of market drive consumption, investment and production. The market system has pricing feedback to guide investment and end malinvestment.
There is no mechanism beyond more politics to end malinvestment directed by bureaucracies

Yep, that’s the price feedback I’m talking about. Real, sustainable economic growth requires it.

Putting a bunch of paper notes in people’s hands without there having been any additional production gives false price signals to producers, investors and consumers about how much wealth is actually available for consumption/investment/savings. It’s why inflation is deleterious to economic decision making beyond just being an immoral reallocation of wealth to whomever gets the fresh notes first.

I have one for you, Costanza:

Why is counterfeiting bad?
LOL - gibberish and nonsense. You want investment to drive production but when investment to drive production is introduced you don't support it. Another example of your foolishness.

The "market" won't resolve issues that don't make money. That's why we have government investment to lay the foundation for the private sector to benefit.

Reactions: franklinman
Investment that enables greater production is how you create economic prosperity.

I would expect redirection of resources to the lower/middle class to increase consumption over investment, eating a greater portion of the capital ‘seed corn’ that is requisite for increasing productivity and economic growth.

I would expect heightened consumption now to come at the compounded expense of more production later.
Wait, you actually think companies just increase production just because and not as a result of increased consumption? Or do you actually count stock buy backs as increasing production?

Reactions: RileyHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT