ADVERTISEMENT

The Dandy Lion

lucas80

HB King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
It sounds like a gay bar, but it’s actually a new restaurant in downtown IC. What’s unique is they do breakfast and lunch, then it turns into a cocktail bar.
The menu is excellent, and prices are very reasonable. It’s in the former arcade/pizza place on Dubuque, in the Jefferson Building block.

My first thought was an organic vegetarian restaurant. Not a gay bar.

Okay, same thing.... my bad.

I love that several menu items feature poached eggs. Too many restaurants are scared of serving poached eggs. I’ll take my chances for the gooey goodness.
I had a salmon on focaccia with poached eggs thing before and it was fabulous.

I know I'm way late to the party about the Dandy Lion but just went there for the first time last weekend. Fantastic place. Had their Reuben with house made pastrami. Which I guess is a Rachel. Great food.

Oh and tried to buy a bottle of their Hellcat hot sauce but they were sold out. That stuff is delicious. Guess I'll need another trip down there to buy it

Reactions: torbee
I know I'm way late to the party about the Dandy Lion but just went there for the first time last weekend. Fantastic place. Had their Reuben with house made pastrami. Which I guess is a Rachel. Great food.

Oh and tried to buy a bottle of their Hellcat hot sauce but they were sold out. That stuff is delicious. Guess I'll need another trip down there to buy it

Best place in IC for breakfast. Hands down.

I'll have to try it. I've only gone to Dandy Lion at lunchtime so far.

Sunday morning, post football game, nothing better than the Lodger Special sub biscuit. Unless there’s an Eggs Benedict special that’s interesting.

Edit to add:

Lodger Special: Seductively runny eggs, sausage, pimiento cheese, & tomato gravy atop a veritable mountain of hash browns with your choice of toast.

Take my money.

Last edited:
Reactions: lonestar50
Sunday morning, post football game, nothing better than the Lodger Special sub biscuit. Unless there’s an Eggs Benedict special that’s interesting.

Edit to add:

Lodger Special: Seductively runny eggs, sausage, pimiento cheese, & tomato gravy atop a veritable mountain of hash browns with your choice of toast.

Take my money.
My wife (no pics) had a half order of biscuits and gravy and half order of French toast. She said it was some of the best biscuits and gravy she's ever had.

And that strawberry jam is so good!

• Love
Reactions: Hawki97
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT