ADVERTISEMENT

The dookie is deep flowing from Storrs ahead of Friday night

U Conn and their fans are even more annoying than we are, by a factor of about a thousand
Brother- and sister-in-law made big bucks in high positions working for insurance companies in Hartford and are big UConnies. Tell me about it. Can't stand 'em.

Obviously. You would be too. I did too for decades as a BB coach. Do you think it’s a bad strategy?
Just saying there is a BIG difference between saying "he gets it" and him just saying shit not to stir the pot or give CC anymore ammo for the chip on her shoulder......

Just saying there is a BIG difference between saying "he gets it" and him just saying shit not to stir the pot or give CC anymore ammo for the chip on her shoulder......

Good point. Things are always open to interpretation.

To paraphrase what I meant: He understands the big picture, praising his opponent in public, playing the underdog role, yet certainly telling his team in private, “this is how we are going to win”

One assumes anyway.

In other words. He gets it.

Iowa won't be looking ahead. The motivations to beat UConn run deep.
This is theie 24th final four apperance. He can't use the underdog role, no way. They have 7 five stars on their roster. We have one, player of the year' CC.

That said, I wouldn't trade 3 star Kate's toughness, 3 star Gabby's gritty defense, 4 star Syd's toughness and 4 star Hannah's hustle and speed. Sprinkle in Addie in the paint, Taylor from the perimeter, and Kylie's athletism and hustle. Go get'em Hawks!

To quote a wise, beyond her years, young lady - "We have more work to do".

Reactions: Hawksfor3 and WSC72
This is theie 24th final four apperance. He can't use the underdog role, no way. They have 7 five stars on their roster. We have one, player of the year' CC.

That said, I wouldn't trade 3 star Kate's toughness, 3 star Gabby's gritty defense, 4 star Syd's toughness and 4 star Hannah's hustle and speed. Sprinkle in Addie in the paint, Taylor from the perimeter, and Kylie's athletism and hustle. Go get'em Hawks!

To quote a wise, beyond her years, young lady - "We have more work to do".

Don’t they have 5 players from their roster out with injuries? How many of them were or would have seen heavy minutes this year? I don’t know them well enough to have an answer

Don’t they have 5 players from their roster out with injuries? How many of them were or would have seen heavy minutes this year? I don’t know them well enough to have an answer
Boo hoo, cry me a fricking river. Play with the cards you're dealt. UConn is formidable without those players. Beat #1 in their bracket; USC, didn't they?

Reactions: Hawksfor3
He's being very tongue-in-cheek here. Sarcastic. He still absolutely thinks Paige is better, and that's fine. Caitlin and the rest of the team won't get caught up in the "Caitlin VS Paige" crap. They know better, and they know who the best player is.

His sarcasm is obvious. It is funny and clever on Geno's part. Some of you need to lighten up a bit.

Boo hoo, cry me a fricking river. Play with the cards you're dealt. UConn is formidable without those players. Beat #1 in their bracket; USC, didn't they?

Thanks for the informational reply Gunner. Much appreciated. Not sure how I could have let curiosity get the best of me on that one.

I believe 1 or maybe 2 of their starters are out for the year. Azzi Fudd for sure.

Reactions: WSC72
Also, I believe 4 of the 5 people that are hurt are part of the group of 7 5Star recruits on their roster, they must be playing now with all 4 stars, well besides Paige and Edwards still..

Also, I believe 4 of the 5 people that are hurt are part of the group of 7 5Star recruits on their roster, they must be playing now with all 4 stars, well besides Paige and Edwards still..

The Lady Huskies have done relatively well over the years

That’s funny considering you’re one of the biggest crybabies on this board. And there are a lot of whiners on here too, but you’re right at the top.

I've followed the Kings for obvious reasons 2 yrs now, and the same sentiments exist there as well. To paraphrase Mike Brown, detractors will continue to dismiss you until you prove them wrong. Compete at the highest level, and prove them wrong.

That’s funny considering you’re one of the biggest crybabies on this board. And there are a lot of whiners on here too, but you’re right at the top.

Maybe he felt I was making an excuse for UConn. But I was genuinely curious. I like to give people with anger and esteem issues the benefit of the doubt. (Not saying Gunner is one of those people)

I posted this in another thread, but:
Much talk about UConn and their injuries, rightfully so, but the ESPN recruiting rankings of the players in last night's game for UConn were 1, 5, 6, 15, 23, 41, and unranked (foreign PG Muhl). I don't know how they can survive having to put that team out there.

They lost:
Azzi Fudd, who was the top ranked player in the class of 2021, (11 PPG in 2 games)
Caroline Ducharme, #5 class of 2021 (4 ppg in 4 games),
Ayanna Patterson, #4 class of 2022 (avg 10 minutes a game as a freshman)
Amari DeBerry #15 class of 2021 but only averaged 4.5 MPG in 23 games
Aubrey Griffin, #21st class of 2019 (9.5 P, 6 Rb in 14 games)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT