ADVERTISEMENT

The Fall in Minneapolis

General Tso

HB Legend
Nov 20, 2004
Beauiful time of year to be in and around the Minneapolis area. Notably, the bluffs overlooking the Mississippi between Minneapolis and st Paul or minnehhaha falls.

images

One of the best vacations the wife and I have taken in the last few years was a week on the North Shore in the Fall. We hit a bunch of great parks a few weeks after some heavy rains, so the water falls were flowing, and we were only a week off of peak leaf color change. Minnesota is a really great state to visit for outdoor activities. I wish the folks in Iowa could get together and decide to invest a small portion of their sales tax money and invest that into stuff like conservation and improving / expanding state parks.

One of the best vacations the wife and I have taken in the last few years was a week on the North Shore in the Fall. We hit a bunch of great parks a few weeks after some heavy rains, so the water falls were flowing, and we were only a week off of peak leaf color change. Minnesota is a really great state to visit for outdoor activities. I wish the folks in Iowa could get together and decide to invest a small portion of their sales tax money and invest that into stuff like conservation and improving / expanding state parks.

The ex and I rented a cabin on the Michigan U.P. In mid September and it was fantastic, Hard to beat the North Country in the fall.

Will be up there in 3 weeks for the game against the Gophers. Looking forward to a September game in Minneapolis rather than the normal shiver fest in November! Might see the Vikes against the Texans the next day as well.

I will try to post the circumstances if I'm murdered.
I'll be at the Iowa game there too, first time since 2002 and the MetroDome for an Iowa game at Minnesota.

Never been there but always heard the saying summer is nice when it falls on a weekend. Haha..but, the leaves have all changed like that before Labor Day (a fairly early one at that)?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT