ADVERTISEMENT

The Fall of Minneapolis

Have you watched the documentary?

• Total voters
Remember in 2002 when that large group of Iowa insurrectionists stormed the Metrodome field and assaulted the home team’s goalposts?

99994386-ab8a-417f-972e-d955250b0a14_text.gif

Why go to Minneapolis when you can have someone else use Premiere Pro to create an imagined version of exactly what you hoped to tell everyone you saw?

Reactions: lucas80
Cities are scary
I live in a city and travel to many major cities throughout the year for work. I am in Minneapolis multiple times a year and I can say with the utmost confidence that it’s become an absolute shit hole when comparing to other major cities across the country. Nothing political about it and zero fear of cities - just my own eyes and ears making a judgement based on the surroundings.

My work colleagues who have spent their entire lives in the Twin Cities talk more shit on it than anyone. I’d rather live in Portland lol.

Out of curiosity, where do you live?

I live in a city and travel to many major cities throughout the year for work. I am in Minneapolis multiple times a year and I can say with the utmost confidence that it’s become an absolute shit hole when comparing to other major cities across the country. Nothing political about it and zero fear of cities - just my own eyes and ears making a judgement based on the surroundings.

My work colleagues who have spent their entire lives in the Twin Cities talk more shit on it than anyone. I’d rather live in Portland lol.

i-live-in-a-van-down-by-the-river.gif

LOL, another butt hurt aggrieved victim thread from the guy petrified to go to Minneapolis, or any town bigger than Indianoloa for that matter.
You know who likes Minneapolis? The young people leaving Iowa with college degrees.

I feel fortunate that i survived my last visit to minneapolis. Phew

Calling bullshit with you. As usual.

Calling bullshit with you. As usual.
You're calling bullshit on what exactly? The company that bought our company is out of Bloomington. I will be there again the third week of January for an SKO - we all stay in St. Paul.

I first heard the term 'Murderapolis' from my colleagues who have spent their entire lives in the Twin Cities. Many talked about moving farther out into the burbs.

I take it you live there? I am sorry that I think your city is a shit hole.

I brought tickets to Green Day and Metallica in Minneapolis for August.

He lives in government housing.

I feel fortunate that i survived my last visit to minneapolis. Phew
Seriously, where do you live? You're acting like people fear cities just because they have a negative opinion of a few of them. I bet you live somewhere like Ankeny and think you're a big-city guy lol.

• Haha
Reactions: auntie_fah
You're calling bullshit on what exactly? The company that bought our company is out of Bloomington. I will be there again the third week of January for an SKO - we all stay in St. Paul.

I first heard the term 'Murderapolis' from my colleagues who have spent their entire lives in the Twin Cities. Many talked about moving farther out into the burbs.

I take it you live there? I am sorry that I think your city is a shit hole.
Murderapolis? Quick search shows me the entire state is predicted to finish the year with 165 homicides. As a resident of Baltimore I LOL at your take.

Reactions: RicoSuave102954

Alpha News​

While Watchdog.org and The UpTake get money from partisan donors, the money trail behind five-month-old Alpha News is much more difficult to track.
Its website says nothing about its donors or editorial process, but does carry ads and asks readers to donate. One thing is certain: Alpha News has ties to a prominent Republican donor and the political group he founded years ago.
Business filings show that Alex Kharam incorporated Alpha News. Kharam also works as executive director for the Minnesota Freedom Club, a political group that supports conservative candidates and was founded by and largely bankrolled by Republican donor Robert Cummins.
Kharam did not respond to emails or phone calls to discuss Alpha News.
Reporter Julia Schliesing, who goes by the name Julia Erynn while on the job, declined to talk about Alpha News because of a non-disclosure agreement she signed when she took the position.
Schliesing did speak earlier this month with conservative talk radio host John Gilmore about the project.
"I like to think that at Alpha News, we cover the things that people aren't covering," Schliesing said.
Schliesing, a 2014 graduate of the University of Minnesota, said she worked for two conservative groups — the Leadership Institute and Turning Point USA, a student group that promotes free-market principles — before "auditioning" for Alpha News.
She also said that Alpha News applied for but did not get credentials at the State Capitol. Capitol officials said Alpha News hasn't been around long enough to determine whether it qualifies for access.
Alpha News stands out for a number of reasons; some stories carry no bylines, are scarce on quotes, often aggregate facts and information from other news outlets, and tout non-scientific Facebook polls. The Society for Professional Journalists sets out standards for identifying sources and attribution in its code of ethics.
Schliesing defended Alpha News' approach.
"I don't think it's fair to say it's cowardly that we don't use bylines, especially when the intent is not to hide," Schliesing said. "The intent is to focus on the content."

Violent crime in Minneapolis spiked dramatically in the fallout of George Floyd’s murder and the chaos that came with it. Pretty much across the statistical board. The Minneapolis P.D. also lost several hundred officers. Violent crime in the city decreased this year though. And although the city still has a huge officer shortage, and violent crime remains elevated over pre-Floyd rates, things are slowly improving. Hopefully the trend continues and they’re able to hire more officers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT