ADVERTISEMENT

The Fall of Minneapolis

Have you watched the documentary?

• Total voters
Seriously, where do you live? You're acting like people fear cities just because they have a negative opinion of a few of them. I bet you live somewhere like Ankeny and think you're a big-city guy lol.

I think your sarcasm meter might be broken.

Reactions: littlez
Interesting how the age matters. The 20 year olds I know who moved to the cities in no way ever would live anywhere in the suburbs.
Yea, most adults who make decent money don't want to willingly live in a place high in crime and where bums are regularly shitting in the city's beautiful fountains.

Your 20-something-year-old friends will get there eventually.

A 1br apartment is far cheaper in Inver Grove Heights than Uptown Minneapolis.
Your point? Nobody I am talking about is living in a 1-bedroom apartment. They are buying single-family homes.

Also, to most people cheaper housing, less crime, and no bum feces to deal with is a good thing.

Seriously, where do you live? You're acting like people fear cities just because they have a negative opinion of a few of them. I bet you live somewhere like Ankeny and think you're a big-city guy lol.
I still live in the shithole known as iowa for a few more years.

I go to detroit and the surrounding srea frequently and hear the same shit from people who are too scared of cities. Never have any problems in detroit, and had a fabulous time in minneapolis last time i was there for a show and to visit with friends

Your point? Nobody I am talking about is living in a 1-bedroom apartment. They are buying single-family homes.

Also, to most people cheaper housing, less crime, and no bum feces to deal with is a good thing.
We were talking about 20 year olds moving to the city and how it's funny the difference in generational thinking. The young people don't move to the urban areas because it's cheaper.

I go to detroit and the surrounding srea frequently and hear the same shit from people who are too scared of cities. Never have any problems in detroit, and had a fabulous time in minneapolis last time i was there for a show and to visit with friends
Same here in Baltimore. Lots of people in the surrounding counties seemingly terrified to come into the city as if they'll be robbed as soon as the cross the boundary line.

Lived across the river in St Paul for 20 years and I can assure you most locals will readily admit a lot of Minneapolis is far worse than it was 5 years ago. Depending on the area, it is a combination of Crime and Covid. DT got hit hard by Covid losing 10’s of thousands of daily workers. Most of the skyway is now empty and a handful of corporations didn’t resign leases. The light rail is the worst it has ever been and daily drug use and robberies are common. They are finally trying to do something about it; but don’t have the resources to put too much manpower into it.

Things are starting to come around; but those of you who don’t live here that are emphatically saying it isn’t crime ridden are way off. Can’t rely on your once or twice a year visits to think you know anything about a city.

Pretty much what I expected.

I spend much more time in the Twin Cities than you do. I've been living in a large-ish city for over a decade. I love traveling and spending time in cities like Chicago, San Diego, and Austin. They all have their issues but they just don't have the same run-down feel as downtown Minneapolis or St. Paul have these days.

People can have a negative opinion of a city without being afraid or 'terrified' of visiting.

We lived in a north suburb of Detroit in Oakland County for two years. Never had any issues. Nice people, great schools for our kids.

Local police station being overrun and burnt to the ground by the friendly folks in Minneapolis.

OIP.cAaWMbNqjN0QhdJBgRFd1QAAAA
Happens every day? No? Then don't post as if it does. My kid lives near there -- the burnt station-- and I'll ask him.

I’ve been up there several times this year for work, concerts, Vikings games, and to see a couple of friends who live there. Nice city in my opinion. My buddies had no complaints and love it there.

Whether or not Minneapolis is now an awful city isn't really the point of the documentary. The documentary calls into question whether justice was done.
It brings up numerous points that leave you questioning a great deal.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
  • Haha
Reactions: littlez
The only people who would suggest that Denver is a shit hole are the small-town folk you guys keep talking about.

With Minneapolis, it’s not just the small-town folk talking shit. That’s the entire point lol.
I've always thought it was a shithole. It gave us sid hartman, the u. of mn, and the viqueens. Only thing good about it was the Twins.

This is what happens when able bodied adults can't afford to pay for their cigarettes.

You do know how probability works, right, genius?

I lived in the Twin Cities for 3 years and I cannot recall ever feeling unsafe. That is not to say that I never did, but nothing sticks out

Look at all the radical/liberals that said no to watching it. Lol! Bunch of ****ing cowards. Don’t want to hear the truth and see the truth. Video don’t lie. It’s just the radical way sickening.
There's a good example of MAGA butt-hurt.

He asked whether people "had" watched it. Not whether they would consider watching it.

I watched a couple of minutes and became concerned by the apparent slant that seemed to be building. Looked on Wikipedia. No luck. Looked on IMDb. Good rating (8.2). Glanced at the top review:

A must watch for everyone that was alive in the spring/summer of 2020 and the propaganda pumped into this country
Justice is dead. If you think Derek Chauvin had a fair trial, there is something very wrong with you. Our country lost respect for law, order and justice that day and we have yet to get it back. Was George Floyd murdered? No. Was he responsible for 98 percent of the events that day through his decisions and actions? Yes. Are black politicians, activists, and citizens out for revenge? You decide.​

I decided.

There's a good example of MAGA butt-hurt.

He asked whether people "had" watched it. Not whether they would consider watching it.

I watched a couple of minutes and became concerned by the apparent slant that seemed to be building. Looked on Wikipedia. No luck. Looked on IMDb. Good rating (8.2). Glanced at the top review:

A must watch for everyone that was alive in the spring/summer of 2020 and the propaganda pumped into this country
Justice is dead. If you think Derek Chauvin had a fair trial, there is something very wrong with you. Our country lost respect for law, order and justice that day and we have yet to get it back. Was George Floyd murdered? No. Was he responsible for 98 percent of the events that day through his decisions and actions? Yes. Are black politicians, activists, and citizens out for revenge? You decide.​

I decided.

Having watched "a couple of minutes" of a 1 hour and 42 minute documentary, you decided?

Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
My friends and relatives that live in the Minneapolis metro are funny.
1. They all love it
2. Very definitive lines drawn on the negatives. Those with negative fellings, to a person, cite Somalis, welfare queens driving Mercedes, crime, and multiple family homes as the issues.
The lines are older republicans that have lived in the cities for decades. It just doesnt look like it used to.
The ones that don’t complain are virtually all younger people.
Funny looking at crime rate Wikipedia statistics I didn’t see Minneapolis in the top 100 but Des Moines is in at 45. The list looked to have a heavy southern Republican lean outside of California.
Don’t mess with Texas looks a lot like California.

Reactions: littlez and lucas80
You're calling bullshit on what exactly? The company that bought our company is out of Bloomington. I will be there again the third week of January for an SKO - we all stay in St. Paul.

I first heard the term 'Murderapolis' from my colleagues who have spent their entire lives in the Twin Cities. Many talked about moving farther out into the burbs.

I take it you live there? I am sorry that I think your city is a shit hole.
You people are just so comprehensively full of shit about everything.

I'll be spending Christmas with family in Minneapolis, yes, the city--not the burbs. Going to the Vikings game tomorrow. As others have said, hope I get out of alive!

Man you people and your bullshit. You're probably also one of the Chicago hellhole posters.

I'll be spending Christmas with family in Minneapolis, yes, the city--not the burbs. Going to the Vikings game tomorrow. As others have said, hope I get out of alive!

Man you people and your bullshit. You're probably also one of the Chicago hellhole posters.
Please, please, please walk down Broadway from NE to N after dark!!!!!!

Keep reading, dolt.

Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT