ADVERTISEMENT

The Fall of Minneapolis

Have you watched the documentary?

• Total voters
My friends and relatives that live in the Minneapolis metro are funny.
1. They all love it
2. Very definitive lines drawn on the negatives. Those with negative fellings, to a person, cite Somalis, welfare queens driving Mercedes, crime, and multiple family homes as the issues.
The lines are older republicans that have lived in the cities for decades. It just doesnt look like it used to.
The ones that don’t complain are virtually all younger people.
Funny looking at crime rate Wikipedia statistics I didn’t see Minneapolis in the top 100 but Des Moines is in at 45. The list looked to have a heavy southern Republican lean outside of California.
Don’t mess with Texas looks a lot like California.
This post is straight bullshit 😂

Please, please, please walk down Broadway from NE to N after dark!!!!!!
You're the epitome of MAGA trash. Full of shit, total hypocrite. Racist. Mean.

Gotta figure you look like these guys

Dj2e0w9VAAAraKs.jpg

Until about 5 years ago I was in Minneapolis 6-7 times a year. Never felt unsafe downtown but understand many feel differently these days.

It’s funny I have met very few people from Minneapolis living in other areas of the country - most love it and seems they tend to stay put.

Yeah I'm sure your rural hick rightwing media knowledge of Minneapolis is more valid than my personal experience.
LOL did you even read this thread?

I. I have lived in Denver, CO for nearly 12 years.
2. I’m in Minneapolis 4-5x a year for work, as the company who purchased our company is out of Bloomington.
3. Nothing about my experiences and opinions are political.
4. I am in no way ‘right wing’
5. If you think Minneapolis is awesome, you clearly haven’t been to many other places to compare it to.

Until about 5 years ago I was in Minneapolis 6-7 times a year. Never felt unsafe downtown but understand many feel differently these days.

It’s funny I have met very few people from Minneapolis living in other areas of the country - most love it and seems they tend to stay put.
That's a Minnesotan thing in general... they might try to move away for a few years but most boomerang back because they miss their high school friends.

Lived across the river in St Paul for 20 years and I can assure you most locals will readily admit a lot of Minneapolis is far worse than it was 5 years ago. Depending on the area, it is a combination of Crime and Covid. DT got hit hard by Covid losing 10’s of thousands of daily workers. Most of the skyway is now empty and a handful of corporations didn’t resign leases. The light rail is the worst it has ever been and daily drug use and robberies are common. They are finally trying to do something about it; but don’t have the resources to put too much manpower into it.

Things are starting to come around; but those of you who don’t live here that are emphatically saying it isn’t crime ridden are way off. Can’t rely on your once or twice a year visits to think you know anything about a city.
My son rides the light rail five days a week to work and back, he's never had anything other than the occasional smelly bum episode. It's like any metro area, mind your own business, and don't present yourself as a target. He lives in Minneapolis, and has no plans to leave. In all the years he has lived in Minneapolis he has yet to be murdered, much less mugged. Crime ridden seems a bit much to say. It's like any metro area as I said. Good areas and tough areas. I find a lot of the neighborhoods to be amazingly vibrant, with great dining options, and plenty of nice houses. Some parts, not so much.
I wish some of the people in this thread condemning Minneapolis would take a drive to Keokuk/Ottumwa/Denison... and report back about how wonderful those small towns in Iowa are. Gleaming new storefronts, no meth heads, and new families racing to move in...

Minneapolis is a ****ing awesome city. You magats should all move to Alabama and have sex with your mothers and sisters and see that improves your iq. Can't help but go up.
No. No it is not. It was a fun city when I first started dating my wife and even up to about 5 years ago there was enough fun stuff/ great restaurants down there that it made the juice worth the squeeze. Downtown Minneapolis is a shit hole now. Anyone who is objective can admit that.

Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
My son rides the light rail five days a week to work and back, he's never had anything other than the occasional smelly bum episode. It's like any metro area, mind your own business, and don't present yourself as a target. He lives in Minneapolis, and has no plans to leave. In all the years he has lived in Minneapolis he has yet to be murdered, much less mugged. Crime ridden seems a bit much to say. It's like any metro area as I said. Good areas and tough areas. I find a lot of the neighborhoods to be amazingly vibrant, with great dining options, and plenty of nice houses. Some parts, not so much.
I wish some of the people in this thread condemning Minneapolis would take a drive to Keokuk/Ottumwa/Denison... and report back about how wonderful those small towns in Iowa are. Gleaming new storefronts, no meth heads, and new families racing to move in...
You and/him are ****ing liars. No law-abiding citizen rides that SOB and it’s nicknamed “The Gang Banger Express.”

What has happened to downtown?

Nicollet Mall used to be nice. I remember there were lots good restaurants scattered all around downtown from the theaters over towards US Bank Stadium and all in between. Lots of retail as well.

Did COVID kill all the foot traffic and thus the shops and restaurants?

No. No it is not. It was a fun city when I first started dating my wife and even up to about 5 years ago there was enough fun stuff/ great restaurants down there that it made the juice worth the squeeze. Downtown Minneapolis is a shit hole now. Anyone who is objective can admit that.

When I think about people being objective I know you are always right at the top of the list.🤭

Reactions: Ree4 and WDSMHAWK
Check out this doozy of a thread last year where lucas once again tried to downplay the situation in spite of the reality on the ground.

In June, the University of Minnesota Police Department (UMPD) reported there has been a 45% increase in violent crime around the Twin Cities campus since 2019.

What has happened to downtown?

Nicollet Mall used to be nice. I remember there were lots good restaurants scattered all around downtown from the theaters over towards US Bank Stadium and all in between. Lots of retail as well.

Did COVID kill all the foot traffic and thus the shops and restaurants?
It's dirty, there are a shit ton of homeless, I've never worried about getting mugged but have worried about my vehicle getting broke into every time.

It's too bad, there really are some great restaurants down there.

LOL did you even read this thread?

I. I have lived in Denver, CO for nearly 12 years.
2. I’m in Minneapolis 4-5x a year for work, as the company who purchased our company is out of Bloomington.
3. Nothing about my experiences and opinions are political.
4. I am in no way ‘right wing’
5. If you think Minneapolis is awesome, you clearly haven’t been to many other places to compare it to.
The old Im not right wing while going with every right wing talking point. And of course you didn’t vote for Trump or watch Fox News either. We know.

From the IMDb website:

A multi-part documentary featuring: body worn camera video of George Floyd's arrest; interviews with officers who served during the riots; key evidence from the autopsy and Derek Chauvin's trial; and the aftermath that followed.
So, not a documentary, and you have never been to Minneapolis? Got it.
I have been there a dozen or more times in the last six years, and have gone to quite a few areas. My son lived on campus at UM, and off campus. He lives in Minneapolis now. I know far more about the status of campus security than you can ever pretend to know having attended a seminar on campus safety, and several zoom call updates. One of my best friends is a prosecutor for the city, and I conversed with him several times about the areas my son chose to live in, and campus security. But, none of that overcomes the video that confirms your pre-existing beliefs.

I have been there a dozen or more times in the last six years, and have gone to quite a few areas. My son lived on campus at UM, and off campus. He lives in Minneapolis now. I know far more about the status of campus security than you can ever pretend to know having attended a seminar on campus safety, and several zoom call updates. One of my best friends is a prosecutor for the city, and I conversed with him several times about the areas my son chose to live in, and campus security. But, none of that overcomes the video that confirms your pre-existing beliefs.

You have got to be the biggest liar/joke on this board >

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT