ADVERTISEMENT

The fired Washington St football coach is quite an Idiot

Why not have employees sign a waiver stating if you get COVID, we're not paying you COVID sick leave. Your absence will be on your own PTO and dime. Seems like a win-win for both the employee and employer.

If/when an employee gets C19 and burns through 2 weeks of sick or vacation leave, when they return to work, they're more immune than their vaccinated co-workers (providing, of course, they don't get sick and die).
This is why:

"I think what many people miss is not everyone can be vaccinated and we have vulnerable people within our population. We don't know who they are," he continued. "They're in our midst. They don't have a flashing light on their head and vaccinating around them is really critical."

Which is a quote from this guy:

On April 21, Rolovich was granted an audience with Dr. Guy Palmer, a world-renowned WSU regents professor of pathology and infectious diseases. Palmer completed a postdoctoral fellowship in vaccine immunology, leads disease control programs in Africa and Latin America and has been heavily involved in WSU's COVID-19 testing program and vaccine rollout. He is considered one of the foremost experts on vaccines in the state of Washington.

This is hilariously not-complicated, and the WSU coach is a dolt.

And…. Where is this going?
And…. Where is this going?
You said:

im not against the vaccine but I also think a person should have a choice if they want to get it or not.

I took that statement to mean you felt Rolovich had no choice. And I was merely pointing out he certainly did, and he exercised it.

You said:

im not against the vaccine but I also think a person should have a choice if they want to get it or not.

I took that statement to mean you felt Rolovich had no choice. And I was merely pointing out he certainly did, and he exercised it.
No it meant I don’t think the vaccine should be mandated and a person should be able to choose if they want to get it or not.

No it meant I don’t think the vaccine should be mandated and a person should be able to choose if they want to get it or not.
Those are two different things. A mandate as a condition of employment is well-established in many areas. For example, members of the military must get multiple vaccinations. I have friends that travel internationally for business whose companies also mandate pre-trip vaccinations. If they refuse, they risk their employment.

No one is being forced to take the shot. They are granted freewill to decide if it is worth losing a job over.

"I think what many people miss is not everyone can be vaccinated and we have vulnerable people within our population. We don't know who they are," he continued. "They're in our midst. They don't have a flashing light on their head and vaccinating around them is really critical."

I don’t like when people use this excuse. If this is what you truly believe then you along with everyone should be sharing all of your earnings with everyone making less money then you. Not everyone is born with the same brain or physical abilities that you might possess so you should share that money so someone doesn’t have to go through life with less money. Gotta keep it fair and equal. It’s not their faults they aren’t smart. Protect them.

Those are two different things. A mandate as a condition of employment is well-established in many areas. For example, members of the military must get multiple vaccinations. I have friends that travel internationally for business whose companies also mandate pre-trip vaccinations. If they refuse, they risk their employment.

No one is being forced to take the shot. They are granted freewill to decide if it is worth losing a job over.
And all I’m saying is I don’t believe that should be the case. I understand everything behind it that you and everyone else has pointed out many times. I just feel people should be able to make the choice on their own. Companies as well.

And all I’m saying is I don’t believe that should be the case. I understand everything behind it that you and everyone else has pointed out many times. I just feel people should be able to make the choice on their own. Companies as well.
I, personally, think the "large" employer mandate is pointless. For one thing, those totally entrenched are just going to refuse, quit jobs, raise more hell and f--k up the economy more.

Secondly, Mrs. Torbee's company is going to struggle to find CDL drivers - particularly in downstate Illinois and rural Iowa, where they draw quite a few employees from - because they just won't take it because of politics. This is going to potentially hurt the business (and many, many like it.)

Finally, despite the continued moronic refusal among those guided by political reason, it appears the pandemic is slowly on the wane with infection rates, hospitalizations and deaths going down. This mandate might have made sense six months ago, now it seems like shutting the barn door after the horses have escaped.

That said, I will CONTINUE to call vaccine refusers selfish, stupid and a major problem for America. Because they are.

I don’t like when people use this excuse. If this is what you truly believe then you along with everyone should be sharing all of your earnings with everyone making less money then you. Not everyone is born with the same brain or physical abilities that you might possess so you should share that money so someone doesn’t have to go through life with less money. Gotta keep it fair and equal. It’s not their faults they aren’t smart. Protect them.

I think this is a bad analogy because being poor is not contagious. Covid is. The vaccine mandates are in place to protect the vulnerable from the contagious.

Reactions: 3boysmom

I think this is a bad analogy because being poor is not contagious. Covid is. The vaccine mandates are in place to protect the vulnerable from the contagious.
A lot of poor people stay poor and a lot of rich people stay rich. I might say it’s a bit contagious
It’s a lot harder to become wealthy coming from nothing in life. Also both circumstances have people born with a disadvantage. One could say that’s life. But we want to help one over the other?

Why not have employees sign a waiver stating if you get COVID, we're not paying you COVID sick leave. Your absence will be on your own PTO and dime. Seems like a win-win for both the employee and employer.

If/when an employee gets C19 and burns through 2 weeks of sick or vacation leave, when they return to work, they're more immune than their vaccinated co-workers (providing, of course, they don't get sick and die).
Wouldn't that entice them to come into work with COVID and try to hide it?

Reactions: IAFB2021Champs
My prediction:

Washington state goes back to sucking at football and shortly after this is resolved this coach is coaching again and signs another giant contract.
L O L. There’s nothing to resolve. He’s going to become a pariah, if he’s not already one. He’s fired, plain and simple. Almost every Power 5 program I’m guessing has their head coach vaxxed. Even the idiots in the South. Maybe some D2 takes a chance on him but not at 3 mil a year. He’s a dipshit.

Reactions: torbee
I’d guess people that are not MAGA’s might disagree he’s a selfish jackass whole screwed his players over along with MAGA’s you know some people in this world just believe that a person should have the right to choose whether or not they want to get the vaccine. Some people might not like both trump and Biden. Might take an IQ larger then a grapefruit to understand that though.
He did get to choose, he chose not to get vaccinated. He also knew what the outcome of that decision would be in regards to his employment status at WSU.

Last edited:
Honestly Washington State's loss. Dude is a good coach and will be coaching somewhere else down the road. All will be good for him.
WSU just wrecked their football program. Lol.

Dude is a good coach and will be coaching somewhere else down the road. All will be good for him.

Mississippi has some good junior college gigs. That would probably be a good/appropriate place to land.

Or Liberty University.

Reactions: littlez
For 3 mil a year I think I’d go ahead and get it done. But from what I read he had a bunch of concerns some more silly then others. The more logical is that he was concerned about potential side effects it could cause.
he decided not to get it and it cost him his job. He stood up for what he believes and I guess we shall see if he ends up getting some money back in lawsuits.
If this is true, why did he seek an exemption based on his Catholic faith?

If this is true, why did he seek an exemption based on his Catholic faith?
Hmm…I’m catholic and Im aware of no church doctrine advising or directing parishioners not to get vaccinated.

Is someone else know if this is true, or was the coach and his attorney being deceitful to try and get a pass?

I really wish people had done the right thing and gotten vaccinated because it was the right thing to do. I don’t like that we’re at the point of needing vaccine mandates to get across the finish line. But the list of good reasons to not get the vaccine is dwindling rapidly, and quite frankly the videos I’ve seen of people harassing people have their kids wears masks makes me sick.

what’s crazy to me is that so many don’t realize they don’t have an issue with the various vaccines needed for kids to go to school but somehow the Covid vaccine is different.
I'm curious as to what this means to you and the rest that are so pro-vaccine?

It is obvious now that the vaccine does not stop the spread or stop you from getting the virus. At best, it can be viewed as a therapeutic with unknown long term effects. I am saying this as someone that decided to take the shot so not an anti-vaxxer that some people like to label those that question all of this.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT