ADVERTISEMENT

The Good News: New treatment for melanoma enters Phase 3 trials

Joes Place

HR King
Aug 28, 2003
The Bad News: It requires up to 9 'jabs' of an mRNA vaccine, custom made for each patient.

Sorry MAGAs, you'll have to wait for some other future therapy in the meantime...
Reduced risk of recurrence by half over 3 years.

Dr Heather Shaw, the national coordinating investigator for the trial, said the jabs had the potential to cure people with melanoma and are being tested in other cancers, including lung, bladder and kidney.

“This is one of the most exciting things we’ve seen in a really long time,” said Shaw.
“This is a really finely honed tool. To be able to sit there and say to your patients that you’re offering them something that’s effectively like the Fat Duck at Bray versus McDonald’s – it’s that level of cordon bleu that’s coming to them … The patients are really excited about them.”

The vaccine is an individualised neoantigen therapy. It is designed to trigger the immune system so it can fight back against a patient’s specific type of cancer and tumour.

Known as mRNA-4157 (V940), the vaccine targets tumour neoantigens, which are expressed by tumours in a particular patient. These are markers on the tumour that can potentially be recognised by the immune system.

Generalized to other tumors, doctors are claiming it could provide a cure for many other cancers, as well.

I thought the 60 Minutes segment last night on NVIDIA & AI was interesting in that medical researchers believe the technology could lead to significant breakthroughs in cancer treatment. More of that please!

Reactions: Bonerfarts
“Sorry MAGAs, you'll have to wait…”

Ironic, considering it was Johnny MAGA who rammed the mRNA vaccine through in the first place. Which (the experts tell us) saved over 3 million American lives.

“Sorry MAGAs, you'll have to wait…”

Ironic, considering it was Johnny MAGA who rammed the mRNA vaccine through in the first place. Which (the experts tell us) saved over 3 million American lives.

Tell me again grandpa the heroic story about the time you stormed the beaches of…oh wait, I mean the time you never wore a mask in 2020. **

**I also found masks to be stupid in 2020 but I was a normal human being and respected if others asked me to wear them around them or in their place of business and do not see non-mask compliance as some great badge of honor worthy of bragging about.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT