ADVERTISEMENT

The latest: Schumer calls presentation of security footage by Tucker Carlson ‘shameful’

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
Senate Majority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) on Tuesday castigated Fox News host Tucker Carlson for airing selectively edited surveillance footage in an attempt to downplay the violence that occurred during the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol by supporters of President Trump.
“Last night millions of Americans tuned into one of the most shameful hours we have ever seen on cable television,” Schumer said in remarks on the Senate floor in which he accused Carlson of “lying to his audience.”
“By diving deep into the waters of conspiracy and cherry-picking from thousands of hours of security footage, Mr. Carlson told the boldfaced lie that that Capitol attack, which we all saw with our own eyes, was somehow not an attack at all.”
“I don’t think I’ve ever seen a prime-time cable news anchor manipulate his viewers the way Mr. Carlson did last night,” Schumer added.
Schumer also chided House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) for having provided Carlson with exclusive access to the footage.
“Speaker McCarthy is every bit as culpable as Mr. Carlson,” Schumer said. “Speaker McCarthy’s decision to share security footage with Fox looked like a mistake from the very beginning, but after last night it looks like a disaster. Speaker McCarthy has played … a treacherous game by catering to the hard right.”

Did he use a snip or did he edit? Huge difference. I have not watched.

You can't make a committee, prime time, television spectacle out of snips and then bitch at him for using snips. The committee didn't play the entire video either.

If he edited anything, then Carlson is a butt****.

Reactions: MitchLL and MWardT
The level of stupidity required to believe that if there is some video of people not violently storming the Capitol it somehow negates the video of other people violently storming the Capitol is off the charts.

Did the January 6 congressional commission also cherry pick?

By the way, I've repeatedly condemned the actions/law violations on January 6.
Yes, they cherry picked the footage you dumb ass. They primarily showed the violence parts of it. Compare it to watching highlights from a football game. Will they show as many uncompleted passes and rushes for nothing, as compared to big plays?

And by “cherry pick” you mean “emphasize the people who were storming the Capitol?”

They also emphasized Trump’s inflammatory rhetoric that day, while completely ignoring what he ordered for breakfast.

Of course they cherry picked. Why would they not cherry pick?

If a guy robs a bank or convenience store, is there any reason to care about the videos showing all the other non-criminal activity that happened before the robbery?

Anyone brave enough to place a bet that it's all going to come out that the Dems had way more influence in organizing this and controlling the narrative than Trump did?
Dems and the House Committee certainly controlled the narrative after the fact. They were given that opportunity by Trump inciting a riot. They were given the opportunity to place whatever labels they wanted on it because of what actually happened. The rioters disrupted a proceeding that's part of the sanctity of our election process.

Given the present level of knowledge and the understanding a committee was formed to present any and all government involvement and the happenings of Jan 6th. Would you be willing to bet that it was not a coup that was organized by Trump and in fact there was more government involvement by the democrats to make sure people were where they were supposed to be when they were supposed to be there?

The joke here being that those are incredibly long odds, but, couldn't ya see it?

Yes, they cherry picked the footage you dumb ass. They primarily showed the violence parts of it. Compare it to watching highlights from a football game. Will they show as many uncompleted passes and rushes for nothing, as compared to big plays?

No but I'd expect them to show inappropriate/misconduct on the part of the officials.

The committee could have shown all million hours they had, or whatever the number was, so we could still be watching it. lol I'm looking forward to Tucker showing the local old ladies aid association walking through the halls that day.

And by “cherry pick” you mean “emphasize the people who were storming the Capitol?”

They also emphasized Trump’s inflammatory rhetoric that day, while completely ignoring what he ordered for breakfast.

I believe the commision also ignored him saying "I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard,"

• Haha
Reactions: McLovin32
Did he use a snip or did he edit? Huge difference. I have not watched.

You can't make a committee, prime time, television spectacle out of snips and then bitch at him for using snips. The committee didn't play the entire video either.

If he edited anything, then Carlson is a butt****.

He took 40k HOURS and boiled it down to a few minutes. It seems redundant whether he showed clips or edited videos.

He didn’t pull a 60 Minutes and edit the clips. What you saw is what took place.

He took 40k HOURS of footage and reduced it to mere minutes. That’s the mother of all stupid takes, and that’s not a word I use often here.

You may have just secured my vote for WPOTY.

He took 40k HOURS and boiled it down to a few minutes. It seems redundant whether he showed clips or edited videos.

He took 40k HOURS of footage and reduced it to mere minutes. That’s the mother of all stupid takes, and that’s not a word I use often here.

You may have just secured my vote for WPOTY.
Big difference between snips and edited clips.

Reactions: Finance85

Please quote Trump's inflammatory rhetoric please?

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
Big difference between snips and edited clips.

Sure, but when we’re talking taking 40k hours of footage and condensing it into a few minutes…to me that’s a distinction without a difference. NONE of what he showed could have had any context.

And quite frankly, it’s Tucker. He’s long since lost the benefit of the doubt.

Reactions: globalhawk
Sure, but when we’re talking taking 40k hours of footage and condensing it into a few minutes…to me that’s a distinction without a difference. NONE of what he showed could have had any context.

And quite frankly, it’s Tucker. He’s long since lost the benefit of the doubt.
That seems to he the crux of the issue. One narrative come out without context and now another side is coming out without context. "Nobody" had a problem with missing context the first time.

Search "condemned" by my username. You'll see numerous posts of me condemning the events on J6.

lol all that shows is posts of yours claiming that you've condemned Jan 6th before. Not you actually doing it.

That's like me saying "I've cheered for Nebraska in the past" but the only thing I've ever done is say "I've cheered for Nebraska in the past," not me actually cheering for Nebraska.

I used that example because that's something I'd never do, and you would never actually condemn the actions on Jan 6th.

Reactions: Ree4 and BelemNole
lol all that shows is posts of yours claiming that you've condemned Jan 6th before. Not you actually doing it.

That's like me saying "I've cheered for Nebraska in the past" but the only thing I've ever done is say "I've cheered for Nebraska in the past," not me actually cheering for Nebraska.

I used that example because that's something I'd never do, and you would never actually condemn the actions on Jan 6th.

January 6 was a disgrace to this country. A collection of miscreants.

JFC. There is one single sentence that you guys continue to quote, ignoring the remainder of his one hour tirade in which he shouted over and over that the election had been rigged and stolen, urged them to fight like hell, and whipped them into a fury.
Not just that, but it's come out that he's acknowledged his defeat before this happened. So he was literally attempting to get folks to overthrow a free and fair election.

I believe the commision also ignored him saying "I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard,"

JFC. There is one single sentence that you guys continue to quote, ignoring the remainder of his one hour tirade in which he shouted over and over that the election had been rigged and stolen, urged them to fight like hell, and whipped them into a fury.

Go phuque yourself you America-hating POS. Your guy is hell-bent on destroying our democracy, and you are right there with him every step of the way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT