ADVERTISEMENT

The MAGA sect of the GOP

Is it, though? We've already seen the Rs attack the capitol after losing. They literally tried to kill the Vice President and Speaker of the House. And Trump cheered it on. And the rest of his base cheered him on.

Is defined Nazism? IDK. But it sure is disturbing and can't be tolerated. Rs are simply not trustworthy now.
Remember how many businesses and homes were boarded up in 2020 just in case Trump won? Pepperidge Farms remembers.

I seriously think I’m done voting for Democrats or Republicans.
It really comes down to abortion for me as far as democrats go. I just can't vote for someone that supports that. So for me it just comes down to if I vote for the Republican or for nobody for president. I didn't vote in 16. I voted Trump in 20 but everything he's done since that day has disqualified him for office imo. I will not vote for him again so I would just stay home.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
It was forming earlier than that. 1918-1919 are generally considered the fledgling years of the Nazi party.

One could argue that the foundation was laid prior to WWI , but it really does not matter in the context of this discussion., unless you want to haggle over your "decades" comments being correct because you prefer to use foundation versus formed date.

Dachau opened within 3 months of Hitler being appointed chancellor after losing a bid at the Presidency. So to say this current time is like the 30's in Germany, you would believe that an ineffective President ( Biden) would appoint the leader of the largest political party Chancellor and within 3 months of that appointment, that person would open the first concentration camp here in the US.
If that is what you believe ok, I just have not gotten to that point and I don't believe the majority of people in this country feel that way.

• Haha
Reactions: BrunoMars420
It really comes down to abortion for me as far as democrats go. I just can't vote for someone that supports that. So for me it just comes down to if I vote for the Republican or for nobody for president. I didn't vote in 16. I voted Trump in 20 but everything he's done since that day has disqualified him for office imo. I will not vote for him again so I would just stay home.
Ya know, this might sound odd, but it’s always bothered me I don’t have a more definitive stance on abortion. I think the practice is evil, but I am often tempted to believe allowing babies to be born to certain scum bags is more evil. I also kinda sorta buy into the whole women should control their own healthcare thingy (yeah, it’s a hell of a euphemism), so that also leads me to waffle.

I’m being serious in that I wish I could take a bigger stance against it.

Reactions: DooBi
One could argue that the foundation was laid prior to WWI , but it really does not matter in the context of this discussion., unless you want to haggle over your "decades" comments being correct because you prefer to use foundation versus formed date.

Dachau opened within 3 months of Hitler being appointed chancellor after losing a bid at the Presidency. So to say this current time is like the 30's in Germany, you would believe that an ineffective President ( Biden) would appoint the leader of the largest political party Chancellor and within 3 months of that appointment, that person would open the first concentration camp here in the US.
If that is what you believe ok, I just have not gotten to that point and I don't believe the majority of people in this country feel that way.
Trump was storming the capitol cheering on the attempted assassination of his own Vice President. Minimize this if you want but it happened just 4 years after he was sworn in. GOP is incredibly disturbing now.

Ya know, this might sound odd, but it’s always bothered me I don’t have a more definitive stance on abortion. I think the practice is evil, but I am often tempted to believe allowing babies to be born to certain scum bags is more evil. I also kinda sorta buy into the whole women should control their own healthcare thingy (yeah, it’s a hell of a euphemism), so that also leads me to waffle.

I’m being serious in that I wish I could take a bigger stance against it.
Yeah, it’s strange. I don’t think it’s evil and personally would not choose that for a healthy fetus but don’t really care if there are a thousand or a million abortions a day in the US. Just never been something that I’ve been concerned about.

Trump was storming the capitol cheering on the attempted assassination of his own Vice President. Minimize this if you want but it happened just 4 years after he was sworn in. GOP is incredibly disturbing now.

I agree, the GOP is very disturbing in how they are embracing the loons, I just don't believe it is helpful to make hyperbolic statements like the US is 1930's Germany.

Its just sad.

I don’t think we have actual politicians who want fix anything anymore.
Why should they it pays better not to rock the boat. Always love to hear from reps slamming elites. When they have net worths more than Friends Cast members.

Why again, do you want a million more babies born into poverty every year?? That makes absolutely no sense. That’s more of our money going to support people not to mention dealing with even more crime that we all hate.

I agree, the GOP is very disturbing in how they are embracing the loons, I just don't believe it is helpful to make hyperbolic statements like the US is 1930's Germany.
A lot of you should learn about the rise of the 3rd Reich…then compare it to what MAGA leaders say.

Reactions: Huey Grey
Why again, do you want a million more babies born into poverty every year?? That makes absolutely no sense. That’s more of our money going to support people not to mention dealing with even more crime that we all hate.
He own stock in prisons.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Always massive exaggeration with the D’s.

Let’s pick the most heinous organization in human history…Nazis….and compare the R’s to that….

Jim Crow 2.0….the list goes on.

Why they feel the need to exaggerate to the point of lunacy is beyond me. Hits home with the base though…unfortunately falls flat with what should be the target audience….everyone else.

If the D’s do in fact get their asses handed to them in mid terms hopefully they re-evaluate the apocalyptic rhetoric.
You sound like a baby-killing communist left-winger with all this focus on the way words make people feel.

• Haha
Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
A lot of you should learn about the rise of the 3rd Reich…then compare it to what MAGA leaders say.

I always appreciate learning about history, can you give me a couple of comparative comments that you are referencing?

I always appreciate learning about history, can you give me a couple of comparative comments that you are referencing?
We already have multiple times. You'll just ignore it like most do. If you actually care maybe look at the book, The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich. You might actually recognize some things.

You know who you are. When Trump announces his run for presidency you must #resist his allure that got you in 2016 and 2020. There are plenty of other normal candidates that can own the libz for you! He will be 78 if he won and might have the same mental capacity of Biden which you rail on. Vote for a younger candidate or basically anyone else within the Republican rank since they have mostly the same policies. #DontDoIt #TheRightNeedsNewBlood
And whoever that may end up to be will still be the most evil racist antisemite woman hater that ever walked the earth. Shit you guys managed to turn Mitt into Hannibal Lector

We already have multiple times. You'll just ignore it like most do. If you actually care maybe look at the book, The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich. You might actually recognize some things.

I have never asked for a quote, have never been given comparative quotes and I don't know who the we are, but I will proceed without your contribution even though you said I need to "learn" something.

Shirer does an excellent job in the book, If you want another read of his, Shirer's Berlin Diary is also very good. Butler's and McGovern's works IMO are also must-reads.

That said, what is your stance on the Sonderweg debate? Which side you fall on gives me a better idea of where to find the comments you mentioned.

Imo it's not right to wish people dead just because they are poor. Not to mention, not every abortion is for a poor person.

Do you think all, or even most, or even more than a very tiny percentage of poor people would rather be dead than alive?

We’re in a pool of shit.

It’s not a 1930’s Germany pool of shit though….

Call out the crazy’s by all means….don’t tell me to vote D because voting R ends democracy and is a vote for Nazi’s…sorry, don’t buy it
No one in Berlin’s avant-garde hipster theaters of the 1920’s would’ve bought it that the guy ranting about Jews having too much power over the banks and the press and secret communist plots to destroy Germany would get elected chancellor and then set up the concentration camps. If you came in acting like that was on the horizon you’d have been laughed out of country. “That could never happen here,” they’d say. But yet.

Now we’ve got a party with its members and supporters ranting about Jews having too much power over banks and the press and accusing liberals of being America hating communists. They’ve openly talked about putting their own electors in state houses so it won’t matter who gets the most votes; Republicans are going to be the winner. That’s not the conspiracy nonsense we see spewed by the right, it’s a matter of public record.

But sure, that’s where Republicans will stop. They’ll make it so Dems can never have a majority again, but that’s as far as it will go. The people they’ve accused of drinking blood, being groomers, the teachers they’ve accused of teaching un-American things in schools, the trans kids they’ve singled out…. They’ll all be fine. If anyone tells you differently, laugh them out of the country. It can never happen here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Huey Grey
No one in Berlin’s avant-garde hipster theaters of the 1920’s would’ve bought it that the guy ranting about Jews having too much power over the banks and the press and secret communist plots to destroy Germany would get elected chancellor and then set up the concentration camps. If you came in acting like that was on the horizon you’d have been laughed out of country. “That could never happen here,” they’d say. But yet.

Now we’ve got a party with its members and supporters ranting about Jews having too much power over banks and the press and accusing liberals of being America hating communists. They’ve openly talked about putting their own electors in state houses so it won’t matter who gets the most votes; Republicans are going to be the winner. That’s not the conspiracy nonsense we see spewed by the right, it’s a matter of public record.

But sure, that’s where Republicans will stop. They’ll make it so Dems can never have a majority again, but that’s as far as it will go. The people they’ve accused of drinking blood, being groomers, the teachers they’ve accused of teaching un-American things in schools, the trans kids they’ve singled out…. They’ll all be fine. If anyone tells you differently, laugh them out of the country. It can never happen here.
Thanks for the thoughtful response. I don’t equate Kanye West and Space laser MTG’s position on Jews as reflective of the Republican Party which has staunchly supported Israel over theyears.

I can see how that could cause concern if you think it’s a belief en mass which I don’t.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT