ADVERTISEMENT

The Man who saved Iowa Basketball, 2019;

He needs to tell Luka's grandfather to quit taking shots at Joe W on Twitter.

He very much loves his son, but he's an absolute asshat to sit behind at a game...

Mr Garza deserves a Center court seat for every game the Hawkeyes play. The MAN that saved Iowa BB doesn't need to be sitting anywhere near regular fans. GO HAWKS !!! :)

Let's make that happen 'new' Athletic ticket office mgmt. Maybe near the Feller seat? :D

The Kevin McHale comparison is OK, however I do NOT remember McHale having much range on perimeter. Luka has a great 3 point shot in his repertoire. Go Hawks !

You're comparing Garza to McHale, one of the best defensive low post players in NBA history??? Offensively, sure, Garza's got moves, but I'll take McHale's defensive prowess over Big Man 3s any day. Guys not named Kareem or Moses were lucky to get a shot off against McHale.

Ummmmm..........he's already played in the Big10 for two full seasons.
And quite well, actually. He has the best Inside/Outside complete game in Iowa BB history. Acie Earl was great, a better shot blocker, but Luka is much better offensively. Maybe the best in the Big10.
That being said..........he needs some help. Ryan Kreiner needs to bring it, like last year........and Cordell needs to lead too.
Go Hawk !!!
Let's see if he can sustain this consistency throughout. It's a physical league and it wore on him from the middle of the conference season on last year. He looks stronger and more active this year and that, to his credit, is from his work this off season. I'm not a hater but there was a noticeable drop in production second half of last season.

You're comparing Garza to McHale, one of the best defensive low post players in NBA history??? Offensively, sure, Garza's got moves, but I'll take McHale's defensive prowess over Big Man 3s any day. Guys not named Kareem or Moses were lucky to get a shot off against McHale.

Actually no, I wasn't the one who brought up the comparison to McHale. Luka is a much, much better perimeter shooter than McHale. Luka is also much better with his back to the basket than McHale.

I'll take your word for it that the edge goes to Kevin on defense.

Luka Garza just rung-up ANOTHER double double, in B10 play, last night. And the rest of the Hawkeyes need to Step-it-up a bit to provide Luka with the kind of supporting cast that McHale had around him.
Having Bird, Parrish, DJ on the court with anyone, makes them look better. Too bad about McHale's goofers, last night though.

Go Hawks !!!

Reactions: Eternal Return
Actually no, I wasn't the one who brought up the comparison to McHale. Luka is a much, much better perimeter shooter than McHale. Luka is also much better with his back to the basket than McHale.

I'll take your word for it that the edge goes to Kevin on defense.

Luka Garza just rung-up ANOTHER double double, in B10 play, last night. And the rest of the Hawkeyes need to Step-it-up a bit to provide Luka with the kind of supporting cast that McHale had around him.
Having Bird, Parrish, DJ on the court with anyone, makes them look better. Too bad about McHale's goofers, last night though.

Go Hawks !!!

Don't get me wrong, I think it's fair to compare Garza's offensive game to McHale. My bad for thinking you initially brought up the McHale comparison. McHale was in a league of his own defensively, one of the all-time greats.

That said, Garza is a stud and, as far as I can tell, likely has an NBA future of some sort. Without Garza, Iowa would be in deep shit this season. He's been a revelation.

Reactions: IowaNiceHawk
This is correct.

Complete dooche talked to him at half time and watched him whole game. He could care a less if the Hawks win all he cares about is his son shooting every damn ball. Complete asshole pyscho..........probably why his son does not. average 1 freaking assist per game and has the best shooters in country at the 3 point line. Sat by him at a game last year at Carver dude is a clown. Kid can thank his Mom for being such a great kid.

Chuck Darling was a great Hawkeye--he is living in a retirement community in HIghlands Ranch out side Denver. I had the opportunity to meet and talk with him last June---a real gentleman !!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT