ADVERTISEMENT

"The moral case for ignoring politics."

This is appalling.

Gist of book: You’ll have a chance of doing more good if you’d spend the time you’d spend preparing for and voting instead on earning and donating earnings to charities, volunteering, etc.

My response: 1). At least in the US, you are not a passenger here. You are a member of the crew. You have an obligation to help run the place by voting. 2). It’s not either/or here. Voting does not take much time. Do both.

Aside from the weakness of the argument, what better proof is there that too many books are written? This is just a very silly topic and position to write a full book on.

Without even reading the piece, I agree wholeheartedly. I'm not saying don't vote...but pick the one that seems best, vote and be done with it.

But your vote doesn't matter. Neither do your posts. Nor your $250 check.

Every dollar and minute spent investing in a candidate or political cause could be better invested somewhere else to make the world or your community a better place.

It's all a big grift.

Reactions: BrianNole777
This is appalling.

Gist of book: You’ll have a chance of doing more good if you’d spend the time you’d spend preparing for and voting instead on earning and donating earnings to charities, volunteering, etc.

My response: 1). At least in the US, you are not a passenger here. You are a member of the crew. You have an obligation to help run the place by voting. 2). It’s not either/or here. Voting does not take much time. Do both.

Aside from the weakness of the argument, what better proof is there that too many books are written? This is just a very silly topic and position to write a full book on.

I totally agree that everyone eligible should vote. Thats important. Voting is so easy, too.

But, spending hours a day thinking about politics, arguing with family and strangers online about it is a waste of time.

Reactions: Nole Lou
This is bizarre coming from you. You support the party of abortion while taking a pious stance on morality.

That's another reason politics is awful...a person has to often vote for the lesser of two evils, which still means supporting evil.

I could always vote 3rd party but that's also considered a "wasted vote."

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT