ADVERTISEMENT

The most interesting moment in soccer history.

Personally I think the most "interesting" soccer story ever took place in Brazil. One of the players was arguing a card he got from the ref when the official pulled out a knife and stabbed the player, ultimately killing him. Friends/family/fans of the player stormed the field, killed the ref, decapitated him and stuck his head on the field for all to see.

100% true story btw

Personally I think the most "interesting" soccer story ever took place in Brazil. One of the players was arguing a card he got from the ref when the official pulled out a knife and stabbed the player, ultimately killing him. Friends/family/fans of the player stormed the field, killed the ref, decapitated him and stuck his head on the field for all to see.

100% true story btw
Meh... I like the sneaky play better.

I was there; happened right in front of my seats, and I didn't even see it, as I was turned around talking to a guy behind me about how we can't execute corner kicks worth a damn. Crowd exploded, and I had no idea what had happened. What's really funny is that the keeper's defense was walking away, waiting for him to kick the ball and game over, and none were looking back to warn him.

100% true story btw
Your right. That's more interesting. 🤣

100% true story btw
Okay, that sounds more interesting.

Reactions: Scruddy
How is that not offsides? He is between the ball and the goal with no defender behind him. I'm sure it's a rule, just too lazy and don't care enough to look it up.
Not sure but it must be allowed because I recall times when goalies are looking behind themselves before putting the ball down to do that. So this must be why.

I don't understand why they have moved to goalkeepers playing the ball at their feet so much. If the ball is in your hands it is the safest place possible. There isn't anything you can do by kicking the ball from the ground that you can't do by either throwing the ball to a player or punting the ball. I haven't seen a top level professional goal keeper who couldn't punt the ball well across midfield and if it is untouched would reach the other goalkeeper.

Instead, for some reason the "building from the back" method of offense also means that the goal keeper now has to play the ball at his feet while still in the box so...the other team has a chance to steal it? It doesn't make sense.

Reactions: Bierhalter
How is that not offsides? He is between the ball and the goal with no defender behind him. I'm sure it's a rule, just too lazy and don't care enough to look it up.
You aren't offsides if you are behind the ball. If the player got back onsides and the goalkeeper then touched the ball the player is not offsides.

Reactions: BelemNole
Unfair play. Don't care if it's technically within the rules.
Technically, it's absolutely AGAINST the rules. A player coming off the pitch, for any reason, has to get the center official's ok to come back on. This applies even to hydration breaks, but is rarely, if ever, called these days. The player was really sneaky by taking a drink from the keeper's water bottle, adding insult to injury. Atlanta fans will be wearing kits with Thiare on the back very soon, and in large numbers.

Reactions: Pinehawk
Technically, it's absolutely AGAINST the rules. A player coming off the pitch, for any reason, has to get the center official's ok to come back on. This applies even to hydration breaks, but is rarely, if ever, called these days. The player was really sneaky by taking a drink from the keeper's water bottle, adding insult to injury. Atlanta fans will be wearing kits with Thiare on the back very soon, and in large numbers.
Haha, didn't even notice he went off the pitch just before. That's crap.

Don't think so. Keeper wasn't "passing" to anyone. He was just stupidly going for a long kick, rather than punt and have the ref blow the whistle for time. This was one hell of a brain fart on his part.
I thinknwe might be saying the same thing but you are saying it wasnt a pass, I agree, Im saying that might be the refs ruling. The reason it wasn't called is a defender cannot intentionally pass a ball to an attacker in an offside position to force the ref to blow for an offside. So basically the ref called it a "pass" ( I know it isnt)

It has been a long time since I have parsed OS rules but isn't OS determined by position at the last touch of your teammate? While the clip doesn't show what led up to the keeper with the ball I assume it was a shot that was saved and the attacker in question was onside at that point/shot. The fact that the only player(s) to touch the ball are defenders, he remains onside until his own team play the ball, which never happens.

Complete F-UP by the keeper

It has been a long time since I have parsed OS rules but isn't OS determined by position at the last touch of your teammate? While the clip doesn't show what led up to the keeper with the ball I assume it was a shot that was saved and the attacker in question was onside at that point/shot. The fact that the only player(s) to touch the ball are defenders, he remains onside until his own team play the ball, which never happens.

Complete F-UP by the keeper
Once the ball changes possession all that goes away.

" That's soccer..."

aHR0cHM6Ly9zdG9yYWdlLmdvb2dsZWFwaXMuY29tL2hhd2tleWVzcG9ydHMtY29tLzIwMjAvMDQvYTY3Y2ZjZWEtMjAyMzExMTRfa2lya2ZlcmVudHp3ZWVrbHlwcmVzc2NvbmZlcmVuY2UwMTMuanBn.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT