ADVERTISEMENT

memorial weekend plans

Sleuthing Family Ties GIF by Hallmark Mystery
Where’s my avatar? As a reminder…

Herky in a hawaiian shirt, bottle of swarm vodka in one hand, luggage in another (I ❤️ Iowa city bumper sticker optional) with all kinds of contraband spilling out…Cuban cigars, weed, Kim Jung Un…you know the usual stuff one collects as you travel this great earth.

Probably not much given the forecast. I was going to go to Des Moines to see the I-Cubs on Sunday, but that doesn't look good weather wise. I was supposed to go on the Res with some buddies tomorrow afternoon, but that doesn't look good weather wise.
I might be down to the John Wayne marathon on Grit TV at this point.

Hanging out here on Monday and grilling Conecuh Sausage Links - fresh corn, Cole slaw, potato salad, blueberry lemon bars and root beer floats.
Saturday morning heading to my great nephew’s high school graduation party, and Saturday afternoon heading up to Fernandina Beach to see my sweet and still beautiful sorority little sister to meet up for the first time in 40 years. She lives in Atlanta and she and family are headed there for the holiday. Can’t wait!

No plans but chillax and have a few drinks. Might sit on the beach, might hit up a tiki bar, might not leave the house lol.

Reactions: desihawk
Is it because the fish are all celebrating with their families?

It is because of the intense fishing pressure public waterways get and the random people swimming in the water, even trout streams.

Live in Spirit Lake, so will be staying at home hiding from tourists.
I said I was into feet? Hmm. I had a guy friend (who passed away earlier this spring😔) who had a fetish for women’s feet. He asked me if I’d text him a pic of mine every time I got a pedi and he’d tell me if he liked my polish and advise me on colors.
Harmless but interesting. He texted me a nudie of himself doing the Tomahawk Chop so I figure we were even.

Beers and yelling at the tv during the Cubs game tonight. Mostly fly fishing the Rogue River throwing giant stonefly dry flies (salmonflies) for big trout and hopefully a steelhead the rest of weekend!

Looks awesome! I thought the rivers would be way up with all the storms, but I guess the Platte has been so low for so long it would take a lot to fill'er up again.
We got 3.5 inches from that storm last night and pretty sure it got wider instead of deeper.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT