ADVERTISEMENT

The NCAA is a horrible organization (cartel)

Fijimn

HR Legend
May 7, 2008
Darrell Jackson (DT -FSU) hardship waiver was denied. He transferred to FSU from Miami to be closer to his mom (who lives in Havana) because she has a medical condition. Jackson had already used his one transfer when he changed from Maryland to Miami; hence the request for hardship waiver.

Darrell Jackson (DT -FSU) hardship waiver was denied. He transferred to FSU from Miami to be closer to his mom (who lives in Havana) because she has a medical condition. Jackson had already used his one transfer when he changed from Maryland to Miami; hence the request for hardship waiver.
Is there an appeal? I saw the headline on 247, but didn't get a chance to read.

We had a hell of a defensive player years back named Drew Ott. He was wrongfully denied a medical hardship waiver: "Ott was asking for a fifth year from the NCAA after he suffered a torn ACL in October of 2015. The torn ACL came after he had played sparingly in the first six games of the season because of a dislocated elbow." At the time, it made no fookin' sense to me that his waiver was denied. It now makes less sense after they handed additional COVID eligibility out like Halloween candy.

Is the medical condition publicly known?

Don't get me wrong, none of us need to know but I expect the NCAA would need to know, on a confidential basis no doubt, to evaluate the case.

They removed family member’s medical condition as a reason for waiver. They changed the rule after these kids had transferred and enrolled.

This article doesn't address that.

Also, looks like he will still have eligibility remaining.

Step 1 - hire local attorney Ben Crump
Step 2 - conduct tearful interviews with Mom and Jackson on every morning show in the US. Coordinate same with UNC player.
Step 3 - show the ridiculous other approved transfers including a bunch of rich white kids getting multiple transfers and ridiculous number of years to play other Olympics sports.
Step 4 - Watch NCAA burn.

Step 1 - hire local attorney Ben Crump
Step 2 - conduct tearful interviews with Mom and Jackson on every morning show in the US. Coordinate same with UNC player.
Step 3 - show the ridiculous other approved transfers including a bunch of rich white kids getting multiple transfers and ridiculous number of years to play other Olympics sports.
Step 4 - Watch NCAA burn.
Uh, no media circus is complete with out Gloria Alldred -

Lawyer-Gloria-Allred-490x420.jpg

Reactions: noleclone2
Meanwhile they’re street racing university vehicles at Georgia and participating in murders at Alabama.

Tennessee didn’t get a bowl ban because they’re a potential playoff team and the NCAA doesn’t want to lose out on that money.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT