ADVERTISEMENT

* The Official FSU vs. Cal Gameday Thread *

The Tradition

HB King
Apr 23, 2002
3-0 Cal visits 0-3 FSU tonight at 7 pm eastern time on ESPN2.

The Bears lead the nation with 9 opponent interceptions. CB Nohl Williams has four takeaways by himself. Star RB Jaydn Ott was out last week and is listed as "probable" tonight. QB Fernando Mendoza (who played at Miami Columbus High) is completing 70.1% of his passes for 589 yards, five touchdowns and only one INT on the season.

As we all know, FSU is a mess on both sides of the ball. Our turnover margin is -3. The O-Line has been particularly disappointing. We're not blocking and we're not tackling. We can't run the ball and we can't catch the ball. There's no sense of urgency and play calling has been atrocious. Something is just not clicking for the Seminoles this year.

But somehow, FSU is favored by 2.5 points.

GO NOLES!

Reactions: TC Nole OX
2.5 points against Cal...AT HOME?

OL completely blows. LBs are bad. Highly paid DL is nothing special. Million dollar, former 5 star qb, can’t run, processes the few reads that he can make extremely slowly and has a very long windup to throw the ball. WRs don’t block and can’t get open. TEs are a joke. They are worse than the OL and none of them belong on a Division 1 roster. I won’t get into the coaching as that would require several paragraphs.

Reactions: Torg and noleclone2
OL completely blows. LBs are bad. Highly paid DL is nothing special. Million dollar, former 5 star qb, can’t run, processes the few reads that he can make extremely slowly and has a very long windup to throw the ball. WRs don’t block and can’t get open. TEs are a joke. They are worse than the OL and none of them belong on a Division 1 roster. I won’t get into the coaching as that would require several paragraphs.
How's the punter?

Hard not to bet the farm on California and that spread. Easy money. We are going to get blown out-best team we have faced.

Reactions: Torg
How did this happen? Did everyone who was good last year graduate or go pro?

Last year’s team was top 3 in the country. It was loaded with NFL talent. It was so loaded that it masked very poor coaching in at least one spot.

We did not have replacements ready to step in. Some current players will be good but aren’t ready. Some are good but are loafing for one reason or another. We have some position groups that have no talent or very little.

Recruiting ability of this staff is limited.

I will update this post with a few more thoughts later

Reactions: cigaretteman
This might suck bad. The fans want to see some effort and some leadership. Do far we had the 6th payroll in the nation and this is what we see from these players.

Go with youth.
That second sentence gave me pause to consider. There is such a thing as a listing of NCAA payrolls? Where do you find that list?

That second sentence gave me pause to consider. There is such a thing as a listing of NCAA payrolls? Where do you find that list?
There is. This one shows FSU at 10th. I heard 6th this week. Either way many of us paid a shit ton of money to have a better product on the field than we are currently paying for.

Reactions: billanole
Boom...you gotta love when the Bears and Noles get together; the only conference rivalry with more history that comes to mind is UCLA vs Rutgers.

I'll have to be cheering for the Bears as my buddies kid plays for them.

Cal 20
FSU 17

The weird thing is, I remember DJ torching our defense when he was at Clemson. Today he can't hit the side of a barn.

The weird thing is, I remember DJ torching our defense when he was at Clemson. Today he can't hit the side of a barn.
You definitely haven’t watched enough at Clemson or Oregon State. What he is doing now, isn’t that “weird.”

Go watch the latest Xs and Os. NO ONE is blocking, not the OL, the TEs or the WRs. The defense was markedly improved vs Memphis, but the OL is the most significantly "not as advertised". This is where we miss JT the most...when nothing is there, he made magic happen. Go back and watch Oregon St film. DJU had all day to throw.

Classic-this guy for years always post this with the starting QB in picture. Not today!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT