ADVERTISEMENT

The problem is not Brian, in over his head? Probably, maybe, we don't know.

Sett1997

HR Legend
Nov 27, 2004
The problem is right here. This is why it doesn't matter who the O coordinator is. He is controlling the offense with an iron fist.

Kirk Ferentz says he doesn't plan on making any schematic changes to the offense after a day where the Hawkeyes managed just 76 total yards and four first downs.

"We're not going to create a new playbook," Ferentz said after the game. "I'm not a wholesale believer in changing because you had a bad game. That was not a good game tonight. We'll evaluate things over the course of 12 games. We still have eight to play. We're doing a lot of things really well. Not tonight necessarily, but we're not going to just start over."

Does he really think fans and anyone else who evaluates Iowa, think a new playbook is the answer? What a fuk you answer by KF.

Also, KF has a full season to evaluate last year and these first four games. If that isn’t enough for him to see they need to make some adjustments, then he isnt evaluating anything and is full of crap.

The problem is the scheme. I wanted to believe Brian when he said this back in April, but after three games, it’s not a matter of just having better players or executing better.

Does he really think fans and anyone else who evaluates Iowa, think a new playbook is the answer? What a fuk you answer by KF.

Also, KF has a full season to evaluate last year and these first four games. If that isn’t enough for him to see they need to make some adjustments, then he isnt evaluating anything and is full of crap.
I remember when you posted this same thought after the holiday bowl.

The problem is the scheme. I wanted to believe Brian when he said this back in April, but after three games, it’s not a matter of just having better players or executing better.

Summed it up right there. He has ZERO control. Which anyone with a brain already knew. Kirk might as well not even have an offensive coordinator.
He is the offensive coordinator.

I am at the end of my rope with KF.

He's either intentionally sticking his head in the sand while nepotizing the program, somehow truly doesn't know how to scheme for better offensive output or he's going senile. Or some combination of all 3 of those things.

Just one of those things is grounds for retirement, however it comes about.

The problem is right here. This is why it doesn't matter who the O coordinator is. He is controlling the offense with an iron fist.

Kirk Ferentz says he doesn't plan on making any schematic changes to the offense after a day where the Hawkeyes managed just 76 total yards and four first downs.

"We're not going to create a new playbook," Ferentz said after the game. "I'm not a wholesale believer in changing because you had a bad game. That was not a good game tonight. We'll evaluate things over the course of 12 games. We still have eight to play."

We were told a year ago, in the offseason, that there would be exciting changes to the offense. Didn't happen.

We were told, AGAIN, this offseason, that there would be exciting changes to the offense. Hasn't happened.

Fool us once? Shame on KF. Fool us twice? Time for the UI Administration (Beth Goetz, etc) to fix it.

KF: "We're doing a lot of things really well. Not tonight necessarily, but we're not going to just start over."

What did we do really well vs Penn State again?

We were told a year ago, in the offseason, that there would be exciting changes to the offense. Didn't happen.

We were told, AGAIN, this offseason, that there would be exciting changes to the offense. Hasn't happened.

Fool us once? Shame on KF. Fool us twice? Time for the UI Administration (Beth Goetz, etc) to fix it.

What did we do really well vs Penn State again?
Spot on @Franisdaman !

• Love
Reactions: Franisdaman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT