ADVERTISEMENT

KF: NOT CHANGING bc bad game

Combined with the above, I just keep getting reminded of that super smug answer he gave to a question about Brian and the shitty offense last season, something to the tune of "We won 10 games last year, not sure if you were aware of that.".

Phil Parker has to secretly just be hating the fact that he knows that he could be out there winning conference titles and competing in the playoffs if he had even just a slightly mediocre offense to complement his defense.
If that was the case, Parker would have left a long time ago.

That’s a comparison of an apple and an orange.

What Prime has done in ONE OFF-SEASON to transform that program from a complete dumpster fire into a competitive one is nothing short of remarkable.

KF has been at Iowa a quarter of a century and we have a historically bad offense because he insisted on hiring his unproven, incompetent son as OC and has refused to replace him despite a mountain of evidence and futility that it should have been done years ago.

Two completely different situations, but it seems clear to me that Prime has it going on, whereas Iowa is on a slide into offensive oblivion.
What is competitive for you? .500 or just over .500? Colorado may not win 3 more games this year. Colorado is not very good. They are not able to stop anyone on defense. CSU wins that game easily if it wasn't for all the dumb personal fouls they committed. They allowed Colorado to bait them into dumb penalties.

Reactions: littlez
What is competitive for you? .500 or just over .500? Colorado may not win 3 more games this year. Colorado is not very good. They are not able to stop anyone on defense. CSU wins that game easily if it wasn't for all the dumb personal fouls they committed. They allowed Colorado to bait them into dumb penalties.
CU is a HELL of a lot more competitive this year than they were just one year ago. Dramatically improved in one year. They would have smoked CSU with Hunter at WR and CB if not for one of the most egregious cheap shots in recent memory by Blackburn. Let’s allow the season to play out. I think CU had several more wins coming, which would be borderline miraculous compared to the complete disaster they were last season.

Imagine how much better they can be with another off-season to improve. Deion is on a mission, and I’m not betting against him.

Looks like they will be favored in probably 2 games left this season, Arizona and Stanford at home. At ASU probably a toss up. So 5-6 wins, but they’ve got a big target on their backs now and I expect a few more serious beat downs coming up. USC will easily get 50 but their defense sucks the Buffs might get 35.

He may be a total asshole, deserving of all of the shit that came his way, but what if he was also the linchpin to Iowa's oline success over the years? The timing checks out and the oline has been a disaster for 3 years running now.
Circular reasoning.

Odd how defensive players for Iowa have been getting stronger and faster.

Circular reasoning.

Odd how defensive players for Iowa have been getting stronger and faster.
I guess I wasn't inferring that it was purely an S&C issue and frankly I don't know shit about this, but there have been posters who have suggested that Doyle worked closely with the oline beyond S&C. If that were the case then maybe that explains how a program with 2 supposed Oline gurus in Kirk and Brian along with a highly paid oline coach have failed to develop a marginally good oline the past 3 years. Something ain't right.

Reactions: redghost1974
I guess I wasn't inferring that it was purely an S&C issue and frankly I don't know shit about this, but there have been posters who have suggested that Doyle worked closely with the oline beyond S&C. If that were the case then maybe that explains how a program with 2 supposed Oline gurus in Kirk and Brian along with a highly paid oline coach have failed to develop a marginally good oline the past 3 years. Something ain't right.
The scheme does no favors to the OL. Very few throws to the WR's, TE screens, very little play action/waggle. formations tend to dictate plays run. Defenses tend to attack due to the limited risk of a big play.
The low YPP in the past few years bears this out. The fear of mistakes is coached into QB's. the OLine is not great by any means, but, the coaching and play calling do not help

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT