ADVERTISEMENT

The Republican Plan to Steal the 2024 Presidential Election

How likely do you think this is? (Assume Biden would win without this trickery.)

• Total voters
Nov 28, 2010
Maryland
It's pretty straight forward.

1. Get some local officials to refuse to certify the election results.
2. Those states then can't send electors to vote in the Electoral College.
3. If Biden doesn't get 270 EC votes, the House picks the President.
4. In the House, each state gets just 1 vote.
5. Republicans control a majority of state delegations in the House.

They've been spending the last 4 years putting the pieces in place, including buying up all media to be able to more effectively disrupt communication for any groups wanting to do anything about it.
Exactly right. Several states, including battleground states, have passed specific legislation to let them do this. As I understand it, some even have laws in place to let them replace the duly elected slate of Electors with a hand-picked slate.

Exactly right. Several states, including battleground states, have passed specific legislation to let them do this. As I understand it, some even have laws in place to let them replace the duly elected slate of Electors with a hand-picked slate.
And they have a Supreme Court that will let them do it. I really hope the Biden administration has a plan for this. I don't expect them to come out and talk about it, but they need to be prepared for it.

Which raises the question: What happens if/when the GOP pulls off this theft?

Do Dems and lefties storm Congress to prevent this atrocity?

Or did we object so much to any interruption of the peaceful transfer of power that we are now obligated to let the Republicans get away with it?

I fear the latter.

I also worry that if the Dems/left actually object, the better-armed fanatics on the right will turn out in force to PROTECT THE STEAL™.

Which raises the question: What happens if/when the GOP pulls off this theft?

Do Dems and lefties storm Congress to prevent this atrocity?

Or did we object so much to any interruption of the peaceful transfer of power that we are now obligated to let the Republicans get away with it?

I fear the latter.

I also worry that if the Dems/left actually object, the better-armed fanatics on the right will turn out in force to PROTECT THE STEAL™.
Well Democrats haven't done shit to try and prevent this up to this point, so why start now? They are still trying to govern like there isn't an opposition party that wants to topple the entire form of government they are operating under.

As bat shit crazy and anti-America most of the idiots on this board are like the OP, this board should be deleted.

Gonna be amazing to watch the left refuse to certify a trump win in January.
Harris: Upon reconsideration, it appears the VP actually DOES have the authority to refuse to certify the election results filed by the House.

That won't happen, of course. But it's an interesting thought experiment to ask what would happen next if it did.

As far as I know, there's no provision for holding another election. So what would we do?

Obviously the House would impeach Harris, and maybe Biden. But the Senate won't convict.

Presumably Biden/Harris remain in office until this is resolved.

Does Trump set up a competing White House and attempt to rule as President?

Do President Biden and President Trump try to use the police power of the State to round up the "bad guys"? Which President do the military and the various police forces obey?

Harris: Upon reconsideration, it appears the VP actually DOES have the authority to refuse to certify the election results filed by the House.

That won't happen, of course. But it's an interesting thought experiment to ask what would happen next if it did.

As far as I know, there's no provision for holding another election. So what would we do?

Obviously the House would impeach Harris, and maybe Biden. But the Senate won't convict.

Do President Biden and President Trump try to use the police power of the State to round up the "bad guys"? Which President do the military and the various police forces obey?
The vp used to have that power. Congress actively changed that law after the last "election" though suggesting trump was actually correct. In the event that not enough electoral votes are given to either candidate then each state gets 1 vote for president.

The Dems won't do anything about it and then use it to campaign on like student loans, abortion, the Supreme Court, etc.

Whose model do you like?
Good question.

Replace this SCOTUS, reverse Citizens United and other bad anti-democracy decisions, and hold real elections - and we MIGHT be able to save our system.

No guarantees.

Next best option might be a partition of the US into several different nations. But can we do that peacefully - and without causing a world-wide depression?

I think Biden would be adult enough to step down. to prevent craziness- rightly or wrongly. JMO.

Here we go again. Every election. Then claim people who believed 2020 was stolen as election deniers.

Disagree No Way GIF by Yellowstone

It's pretty straight forward.

1. Get some local officials to refuse to certify the election results.
2. Those states then can't send electors to vote in the Electoral College.
3. If Biden doesn't get 270 EC votes, the House picks the President.
4. In the House, each state gets just 1 vote.
5. Republicans control a majority of state delegations in the House.

Ahh, I see the lefties are already getting their, "the election was stolen" ducks in a row just in case all else fails and Trump actually wins.
Be careful OP, this is insurrection talk now you know.

Ahh, I see the lefties are already getting their, "the election was stolen" ducks in a row just in case all else fails and Trump actually wins.
Be careful OP, this is insurrection talk now you know.
If Trump ACTUALLY wins, I'll be upset but will accept it.

There's your difference.

Trump tried to steal it in 2020. We all saw it.

Best bet, based on the evidence, is that he'll try to steal it again in 2024. In the intervening years, Rs have laid a much better foundation for successfully stealing the election.

Those of us who care about democracy are worried about this. Those who don't, aren't.

Good question.

Replace this SCOTUS, reverse Citizens United and other bad anti-democracy decisions, and hold real elections - and we MIGHT be able to save our system.

No guarantees.

Next best option might be a partition of the US into several different nations. But can we do that peacefully - and without causing a world-wide depression?
So there isn't a single example in the world you can point to?

If we are a failed antion as you say it should be easy to point out one or 2.

Reactions: Scruddy
Good question.

No guarantees.

The electoral system was set up so mini "nations" would collectively decide what the nation does. The left has been attacking this idea for years now. Your proposal is doing what we already do on a larger regional basis? Seems counter intuitive vs current leftist dogma tbh

Lot of lunacy here. 0% chance of election "steal."

The only way you could "steal" an election is by harvesting absentee ballots, a tactic used by both Dems and Rs. Legal in some places, not in others, largely considered "ground game." I do think it should be illegal, because you're basically saying "Hey are you going to use your vote? No? Great! I'll take it!" That feels wrong to me.

I can 100% guarantee the loser will claim there was fraud.

Lot of lunacy here. 0% chance of election "steal."

The only way you could "steal" an election is by harvesting absentee ballots, a tactic used by both Dems and Rs. Legal in some places, not in others, largely considered "ground game." I do think it should be illegal, because you're basically saying "Hey are you going to use your vote? No? Great! I'll take it!" That feels wrong to me.

I can 100% guarantee the loser will claim there was fraud.
The ‘loonies’ have been proven accurate time and time again. Wish it wasn’t the case but it is.

He can’t go lower! Pffft just watch him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT