ADVERTISEMENT

The Republican Plan to Steal the 2024 Presidential Election

How likely do you think this is? (Assume Biden would win without this trickery.)

• Total voters
Trump will lose the popular vote for the third consecutive time. Sorry to break it to you.
The popular vote is entirely irrelevant what are you even talking about? That's not how the president is decided.. did you not take civics 101 at any point during your education?

• Haha
Reactions: SI_NYC
Wait. You're saying that the Dems are finally - after 25 years of ceding the field to Rs - starting to use R tactics in a few places?

I’m saying the Dems started these tactics 25 years ago.

You know how Obama won his first office, right? Got all his Democratic primary opponents removed from the ballot in a Democratic stronghold.
Democracy!

the Rs have already stolen 2 presidential elections this millennium.
You know that the NYT recounted the Florida ballots and Gore still lost, right?

I’m guessing you think Hillary’s loss was also a ‘stolen’ election.

The popular vote is entirely irrelevant what are you even talking about? That's not how the president is decided.. did you not take civics 101 at any point during your education?
Yes, I understand that. He will also lose the electoral vote for the second straight time. Americans don't want the conman.

But you are assuming everything follows legal procedures. There are absolutely state legislatures ready to invoke “Independent State Legislature” theory to claim none of that matters, they have full authority to dismiss election results. The only thing that could stop them is the SCOTUS. And while I would not bet on SCOTUS upholding this dubious claim, I don’t see the chances as “negligible.”

In addition, I read the OP not as stating this is going to happen and will succeed . It is saying this is what the GOP will try; this is the plan if Trump loses.

And I believe that is a certainty.
You mean, the Scotus that already rejected the independent state legislature theory? Or perhaps you mean a circuit court or district court (or most technically accurately, a three judge panel of both) that is bound by Scotus precedent rejecting the isl theory?

I mean sure, we can all posit positively batshit theories of noncompliance (though I don't think your hypothesis is quite what OP was really positing), but even accepting that's the theory, I'll just hold on my prediction of negligible probability, perhaps reverting and weighting factor #1 in my post #53 (in terrorem effect of post 2020 legal activity) even more than I originally intended, in light of the fact that scotus has killed the isl theory following 2020. And every good revolution actually needs a theoretical underpinning, particularly in this country where no side ever says "**** the constitution" but rather purports to embrace it. And that, by the way, is before you even get to the supremacy clause preclusive aspects of ECRA, whereas the ISL is really a question of power among state institutions rather than federal-state sovereignty.

But either way, fine, I'll play along. Once again, let's consider the state house control in our battlegrounds. The only statehouses among the first tier battlegrounds controlled by the R's are GA and WI (Pa is split, with D's controlling the GA). We've been through GA already, and somehow I have a sneaky feeling the in terrorem litigation effects may be especially strong there. So WI then. Or GA, I don't care, take your pick.

Because there's some more process to play out. A state legislature can do what it wants until the cows come home, because under 3 usc 5, it is a state executive's certification (you know, the one by the D governor of WI or the R governor of GA that doesn't play these games) that "shall be treated as conclusive in Congress" when counting the EVs. OK, so now you've got an even Bigger conspiracy to execute on. And if there's one thing I know about big conspiracies, it's that they don't execute very well.

At this point, some may be wondering why i give a shit about this (or this much of a shit). Well, the real problems we face as a country are bad enough. Fighting the imaginary ones only drives us further apart.

At this point, some may be wondering why i give a shit about this (or this much of a shit). Well, the real problems we face as a country are bad enough. Fighting the imaginary ones only drives us further apart.

Until 2020, claiming the VP could pick and choose which electoral votes to count seemed imaginary. But I, for one, am very relieved Congress enacted laws the clarify that. And to make it harder for individual members of Congress to hold up counts. Imagine had Pence gone along with Trump - it would have been a genuine crisis.

We need to recognize potential chicanery - especially that which is actively being pursued - so we can act to prevent it. And this, in particular, is not imaginary. I am pretty sure even you recognize it is something that will be attempted, and you would be naïve to not hold your breath when it happens.

Last edited:
Yes, I understand that. He will also lose the electoral vote for the second straight time. Americans don't want the conman.
We will see. Biden is currently polling points (plural) down in every single swing state atm and there is no sign of him righting course prior to the election.

With the recent mid-term resignations by top Rs like Ken Buck, it makes me wonder what sort of plan they know about and why they are getting the hell out. Buck was MAGAs MAGA but has since distanced himself to the extent he quit congress. Something is afoot, but hey "just asking questions".

Reactions: fsu1jreed
With the recent mid-term resignations by top Rs like Ken Buck, it makes me wonder what sort of plan they know about and why they are getting the hell out. Buck was MAGAs MAGA but has since distanced himself to the extent he quit congress. Something is afoot, but hey "just asking questions".
I'd be more curious about what they were incentivized with to leave when they did. Will have to see where they land sooner than later. Imagine it will be similar to the ronna mcdaniel path tbh. The timing isn't an accident.

We will see. Biden is currently polling points (plural) down in every single swing state atm and there is no sign of him righting course prior to the election.
That's not a surprise. When Trump gets more airtime to show who he is, people will start to remember what a train wreck he was/is.

I'll say that states refusing to put a candidate on their ballets is the definition of election stealing.
Dancer Ballet GIF by Kanye West

Candidates? Or one guy who is a threat to national security?
Who is the real threat to national security? Seems like things were safer in the world and in the US before. Now we have had an open border for 3 years but you want to claim the other guy is a security threat. I must have missed the sarcasm in your post.

Reactions: RicoSuave102954
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT