ADVERTISEMENT

The sky is falling

i thought the same until i saw kirk’s quote to the effect that the qb performance on kids day was consistent per what they’ve been showing in camp. they actually are what they showed. the hope is they make giant strides in the next 2-3 weeks. that said. may be they are better this year -- last year the qbs threw 6 INTs on kids day. this year from what i can tell just 1.

in any case i would much rather have a shit looking O than have them carve up the D. coz that might mean 0-12 instead of a ho-hum 10-2

Last edited:
It’s kids day one practice and seems everyone is predicting gloom and doom… this was a practice … doesn’t mean sh!t… Hawks will be stellar this season ….
Yeah b/c if there’s one thing we know for sure, it’s that regardless of their camp / scrimmage performance and appearance, the offense comes out a cold-hearted success story once the season hits……

I agree with desihawk. Kirk's comments on media day in retrospect may have foreshadowed at some level this mediocre display by Cade. I wasn't there ..but Leistikow was. If you heard/saw his podcast, and reading between the lines, he was borderline disgusted on a wtf level. Nobody wants to be the alarmist Hawk fan, but he was saying the throws were not even close on many occasions. I would say that is a little concerning &/or, at a minimum, just very disappointing to hear.

We had an OL coach and an analyst from WI responsible for our QB development over the last three years

Now we at least have a coach who’s played the position take over the offense but that same analyst is coaching the other failed position, WR

I don’t think the sky is falling. Let’s give it another 11 days

If Iowa can’t move the ball in their opener then there’s a good chance the sky is pretty low. Yes there are exceptions (2009 UNI)…but when you look at most of college football….most teams don’t struggle THIS badly

I agree with desihawk. Kirk's comments on media day in retrospect may have foreshadowed at some level this mediocre display by Cade. I wasn't there ..but Leistikow was. If you heard/saw his podcast, and reading between the lines, he was borderline disgusted on a wtf level. Nobody wants to be the alarmist Hawk fan, but he was saying the throws were not even close on many occasions. I would say that is a little concerning &/or, at a minimum, just very disappointing to hear.
It's more a timing issue than an accuracy issue.

New system, new timing. Especially with RPO's.

An adjustment period must be expected. Not much went very smoothly last year for Wisconsin

We had an OL coach and an analyst from WI responsible for our QB development over the last three years

Now we at least have a coach who’s played the position take over the offense but that same analyst is coaching the other failed position, WR

I don’t think the sky is falling. Let’s give it another 11 days

If Iowa can’t move the ball in their opener then there’s a good chance the sky is pretty low. Yes there are exceptions (2009 UNI)…but when you look at most of college football….most teams don’t struggle THIS badly
Pretty low sky as in 10 wins? Offense smoffense

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT