ADVERTISEMENT

The timing to shoot the cardiac long trey by Clark to beat MSU

uihawk82

HR All-American
Nov 17, 2021
I have always been told and heard by the big time analysts to launch that shot with at least a couple seconds to go or so to try to get a put back bucket for the win.

Molly, Hannah and Caitlyn really took that to the razor's edge extreme. Maybe Bluder wants that shot more at the buzzer?

Your thoughts? Did the hawks do a little too much dribbling on that play? I know Hannah got bumped or the ball tapped away from her which cost a half second or more.

Reactions: Moral
If MSU was smart they would have fouled Hannah and put her on the line.
I wouldnt foul if I was tied. Maybe foul if Iowa doesnt have the bonus. If Davis gets two free throws she is going to hit one and then you are behind.

Now if you had a dominant center who could score at will you might foul but if you had a center like that you should win by 15.

Reactions: VodkaSam
Hannah would have shot the foul shots and we all know about her free throw shooting. Plus they would have a little time on the clock to get a shot off.

Hannah would have shot the foul shots and we all know about her free throw shooting. Plus they would have a little time on the clock to get a shot off.
Now that I think about it probably not the best idea but worth a thought.

Probably if it's a shorter shot. A shot from that deep with good arch takes 1.5 seconds to get to the hoop (guessing, lol) and no chance for a put back. But no time left on the clock insures OT if it doesn't go in.

Excited March Madness GIF by NCAA Championships

Probably if it's a shorter shot. A shot from that deep with good arch takes 1.5 seconds to get to the hoop (guessing, lol) and no chance for a put back. But no time left on the clock insures OT if it doesn't go in.

Excited March Madness GIF by NCAA Championships
The way she rises to the moment, was there really any doubt that with her patented step back to the left three that it was money?

I think ideally you would why to shoot it with 3 or 4 seconds left to allow for a put back but as you mentioned Hannah fumbled it a bit and msu was playing good D to where we were a little helter skelter. With a tie game that isn't the end of the world as you are going to OT if it doesn't go in

The problem with shooting early on a 3 is you could also get called for a foul on long rebound and give up ft to lose. If you are tied is different than trailing.

Reactions: MitchLL
I have always been told and heard by the big time analysts to launch that shot with at least a couple seconds to go or so to try to get a put back bucket for the win.

Molly, Hannah and Caitlyn really took that to the razor's edge extreme. Maybe Bluder wants that shot more at the buzzer?

Your thoughts? Did the hawks do a little too much dribbling on that play? I know Hannah got bumped or the ball tapped away from her which cost a half second or more.
I think the plan was for Hannah to drive from top of key- but she bobbled the ball the Molly threw to her

Reactions: mphawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT