ADVERTISEMENT

There Will be TIGER HAWK at MIDFIELD as new turf installed;67% VOTED CORRECTLY(Voting started Apr 9)

Will the new turf include a Logo at mid field?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
readImage.asp

I like it

So the Tiger Hawk is gonna be painted? If so, why didn't we do this over all these years?

yard lines, hash marks, end zone and sideline colors, logos are always added after. Could have done a Tiger Hawk anytime they wanted. Too progressive for Kirk and Barta.

Sewn in?

I thought when you bought turf, all the lines, the logos, etc were done at the factory
Nope everything is sewn in except the lines every 5 yards.

Some fieldturf fields will just paint everything on the field every game instead of having it sewn in. Usually those are ones that use the field for multiple sports.

Last edited:
I wanted it to be a all Gold tiger hawk but still think it looks pretty good. Definitely an improvement over not having it on the field at all.

I'd suspect there is a "performance" reason they do it that way but yeah it does seem pretty inefficient.

They must really have the sewing process dialed in, those additions go in pretty fast if you watch the video feed.
Interesting...

I know this topic has been beaten to death, but I must ask again...what is the REAL reason there isn't paint on the water tower? Maintenance? Upkeep? Beef between UIHC and Iowa athletics?

Reactions: Pigskin48
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT