ADVERTISEMENT

These "should win" games make me anxious

drh1150

HR MVP
Jan 11, 2003
I mean, Indiana? Twice? Cmon.
And don't forget, Nebraska took Illinois to OT.
Think about that after what happened last night.

Should win is not the same as can't lose.

You put 5 guys on the floor against 5 of the other guys and play ball.

Reactions: AlvySinger
I agree with the OP, am very concerned about both games.

Nebraska has talent. They are just now starting to consistently put it together.

They’re not beating Iowa at CHA but they are not going to be a gimmee win going forward.

I know everyone here hates Hoiberg but it’s pretty obvious that he knows what he’s doing. 5* coming in.... he’ll significantly improve that program.

Not gonna lie, I think it would be fun to have a season or two where we go all in on the transfer route, ala Hoiberg and Howard. Throw a bunch of 4-5 star guys on the court and see what they can do.

Ok - this comment is OT, but I don't want to start a new thread.

Is Purdue only going to play 19 conference games? They are 12-6 with only one game to go.

Put whatever you would pay to have the hawks win on the other team. Its especially nice when Iowa's opponent is +250 or so (which I'd guess Neb will be) , and you either are happy to pay a #VictoryTax, or walk away doubling your money or better to take off some of the sting

Last edited:
Nebraska has talent. They are just now starting to consistently put it together.

They’re not beating Iowa at CHA but they are not going to be a gimmee win going forward.

I know everyone here hates Hoiberg but it’s pretty obvious that he knows what he’s doing. 5* coming in.... he’ll significantly improve that program.
Well, for your sake I hope you're right....... :D

They do make me a little nervous too because when these Hawkeyes think they are better than an opponent they seem to lack motivation on defense and just want to rely on offense.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
As long as we play defense like we have (excluding Michigan) we can hang with anyone and the lesser teams are toast. Our offense will take care of itself.

I think the players want to finish on a strong note and win these last two games. Neither one is a give me the team will be tested but I think we beat both Nebby and Wiscy and go into the B1G tourney with great confidence.

Normally I would say this is a game Iowa would lose. I think the Ohio St. win has the Hawks fired up. They saw what just happened to Rutgers.

They do make me a little nervous too because when these Hawkeyes think they are better than an opponent they seem to lack motivation on defense and just want to rely on offense.
agree but if the players have not been paying attention to what nebraska has done lately then we will be in for one heck of an upset .

I hear CBD helps with anxiety! Also it is just a game, if your life is so enthralled in college athletics, maybe you need to reprioritize things.

Nebby losing their leading scorer Teddy Allen, makes me think the bb program is headed like the fb team. Recruit great players and then lose said players. We should be able to handle this game.

Put whatever you would pay to have the hawks win on the other team. Its especially nice when Iowa's opponent is +250 or so (which I'd guess Neb will be) , and you either are happy to pay a #VictoryTax, or walk away doubling your money or better to take off some of the sting
This line is way steeper than I expected... Iowa 16.5 point favorites/ .. +-1500. Nebrasksa at +1005. You can put a ten spot down and make a benjamin if the Hawks lose. If you really want to get compensated for potential agony, you can put down a benjamin and win a Cleveland (assuming you can snag one of the ~165k left in existence)

update: Nebrasksa down to +870, so you have to put up 11.50 to win a hundy

One more to go to secure double bye , then take a breath and begin to speculate how special this season can be. Beat whisky and then on to bigger things but beat Wisconsin first. How many did Trice get at the end of the Illinois game? Let’s be up more than that

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT