ADVERTISEMENT

Things that have gone away, but shouldn’t have.

lucas80

HR King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
Coin purses. What gentleman didn’t prefer his spare change in a coin purse versus rattling around in his pocket? I always enjoyed the ones local banks out out each year with the Iowa football schedule on the back side.
What other popular items should be brought back into use?

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
We were just talking about this over Christmas - Kangaroo shoes. I loved them as a kid and could really use a pocket on my shoes as an adult.

Reactions: hawkdave007
Moon boots.

Every kid should experience the joy of playing in the freshly fallen snow and then experience completely soaked, frozen feet. Frost bite is a birthright up North.

Bonus - If you put bread sacks on your feet your toes will stay dry and toasty warm...not.

Coin purses. What gentleman didn’t prefer his spare change in a coin purse versus rattling around in his pocket? I always enjoyed the ones local banks out out each year with the Iowa football schedule on the back side.
What other popular items should be brought back into use?
You got beat up a lot as a kid didn't you? The only people that carried those were nerds and old ladies.

Reactions: artradley
Moon boots.

Every kid should experience the joy of playing in the freshly fallen snow and then experience completely soaked, frozen feet. Frost bite is a birthright up North.

Bonus - If you put bread sacks on your feet your toes will stay dry and toasty warm...not.
Your wish has come true.

Vehicle windows that roll up and down using a handle. Manually.

Flip out air vents on car windows.

gillsautomotive-ventwindow.jpg

Royalex

It is a type of plastic they used to build canoes with. It is no longer made.

You used to be able to get a bombproof durable 16’ canoe that weighed <60# and cost <$1200. Now to get a canoe <60# you need to spend >$3000 and it is not nearly as durable. To get a durable canoe today you are pushing the weight way higher and the cost too.

Reactions: billanole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT