ADVERTISEMENT

This isn’t terrifying at all…

mnole03

HR Legend
Mar 20, 2005
The commander of an East Coast nuclear guided-missile submarine was removed from command last week, because of loss of confidence in ability to command, the U.S. Navy announced on Monday.

• Wow
Reactions: EasyHawk
giphy.gif

Unto itself not a reason to think the sky is falling.

Any more information on the reason beyond "relieved Capt. Geoffry Patterson as commanding officer of USS Georgia (SSGN 729) Blue Crew due to loss of confidence in his ability to command,” "

He may have been the right guy when appointed and then had a DUI last week.......

Need more information before I get my knickers in a twist. COs are removed for any number of reasons. We should probably be firing leaders more frequently across the board (globally speaking).

Anyone know what kind of "personal issues" have captains lose their commands?

The Navy did not release a reason for the removal, but a service official told USNI News the relief was related to personal issues and was not performance-related.

The commander of an East Coast nuclear guided-missile submarine was removed from command last week, because of loss of confidence in ability to command, the U.S. Navy announced on Monday.

Maybe he was banging the cook. A decorated ex-Navy Seal cook that lost security clearance after his SEAL teammates were killed because of poor intelligence during the invasion of Panama.

Patterson had commanded the submarine’s Blue Crew since May 28, 2022. The Navy did not release a reason for the removal, but a service official told USNI News the relief was related to personal issues and was not performance-related.

Unto itself not a reason to think the sky is falling.

Any more information on the reason beyond "relieved Capt. Geoffry Patterson as commanding officer of USS Georgia (SSGN 729) Blue Crew due to loss of confidence in his ability to command,” "

He may have been the right guy when appointed and then had a DUI last week.......

Need more information before I get my knickers in a twist. COs are removed for any number of reasons. We should probably be firing leaders more frequently across the board (globally speaking).
It was a DUI arrest

Reactions: mnole03
I saw a recent video of an Admiral in a wig in a car crying about someone calling the Admiral “sir”. I wonder if that was it. New navy and all.

Even if he’d gone completely crazy and wanted to fire every missile on board he’d never have been able to do so. Nothingburger story.

Seems like sailors serving for, and with, Patterson are chattering about him not being on an upward career track before this incident.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT