ADVERTISEMENT

This might be a little tougher than Putin thought...

Not sure it has been mentioned, but the Finnish lady leader has been defeated in their general election.

The successor is from the "right leaning" political Party.

Hope the change in leadership doesn't affect Ukrainian support.

That sucks. The good news is that he doesn't appear to be on Putin's payroll

"The 53-year-old Orpo, Finland's former finance minister and likely new prime minister, assured that the Nordic country's solidarity with Kyiv would remain strong during his tenure.

“First to Ukraine: we stand by you, with you," Orpo told the Associated Press at NCP's victory event. “We cannot accept this terrible war. And we will do all that is needed to help Ukraine, Ukrainian people because they fight for us. This is clear.”

"And the message to (Russian President Vladimir) Putin is: go away from Ukraine because you will lose,” Orpo said.

Finland, which shares a long border with Russia, cleared the last hurdles of becoming a NATO member earlier in the week as alliance members Turkey and Hungary signed off the country's membership bid."

It’s odd to note some of the swings in the daily counts. Big day for trucks and APCs, but a nice bump in UAVs. You wonder if it signaled a change in tactics? Did the Ukrainians catch several at a launch point? Had this rally been held back for a few days for verification? Interesting to ponder.
Yeah who knows. I just think it lends credibility that these numbers are accurate in that they are only reporting what is destroyed.

It’s odd to note some of the swings in the daily counts. Big day for trucks and APCs, but a nice bump in UAVs. You wonder if it signaled a change in tactics? Did the Ukrainians catch several at a launch point? Had this rally been held back for a few days for verification? Interesting to ponder.

I think the Ukrainians are running out of Russian tanks to target...

I think there could be something to this. Someone probably @binsfeldcyhawk2 - suggested these jalopies from the 1950s could be dug into the ground to form pill boxes. Maybe that is what they are now, and hard to get at.
Russia reinvents the Maginot Line Impressive looking but did not slow down the Germans much in WW2.

original.jpg

Reactions: HawkMD
Because they went around it for the most part....I'm pretty sure the Ukrainians will hit the weakest parts of the Russian fortifications.
Exactly-they may even create some defense in depth but I can't imagine it working much better than the well sited and self supporting fortifications from almost 100 years ago. I guess if it funnels the Ukrainians somewhere else it may have had some purpose. But I bet we see a lot of those tank hatches open too:)

Because they went around it for the most part....I'm pretty sure the Ukrainians will hit the weakest parts of the Russian fortifications.

Russia will run out of munitions to protect/defend Crimea. Once Crimea is cut off, it becomes a matter of time before Ukraine gets it back. And Ukraine will have mostly unlimited re-armament capabilities from NATO countries for the foreseeable future.

Whomever succeeds Putin will have a decision: stay on the path that caused Putin's downfall, or cede Ukrainian territory back to Ukraine and work on rebuilding your own economy.

Exactly-they may even create some defense in depth but I can't imagine it working much better than the well sited and self supporting fortifications from almost 100 years ago. I guess if it funnels the Ukrainians somewhere else it may have had some purpose. But I bet we see a lot of those tank hatches open too:)
I think the main problem for the Ukrainians is they don't have the air assets/capability to "prep" the battlefield sufficiently. They'll have to do it mostly with artillery/HIMARS....gonna be a tough fight regardless.

Still hoping for a Russian collapse when really pushed....if not, it will be tough.

Russia will run out of munitions to protect/defend Crimea. Once Crimea is cut off, it becomes a matter of time before Ukraine gets it back. And Ukraine will have mostly unlimited re-armament capabilities from NATO countries for the foreseeable future.

Whomever succeeds Putin will have a decision: stay on the path that caused Putin's downfall, or cede Ukrainian territory back to Ukraine and work on rebuilding your own economy.
Hope you're right....I think it's gonna be some hard fighting.

Reactions: h-hawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT