ADVERTISEMENT

This might be a little tougher than Putin thought...

The only pilot mentioned is Dino, who is 22. This seems to confirm something I speculated on about a hundred pages ago, that the Ukrainians have sent younger pilot trainees and building pilots from the ground up. I assume they must have some experience, but everything I've seen is they are young. The Ukrainian AF has lost a lot of veteran pilots, but, not all. I wonder if the calculation was it would be easier to train younger pilots versus unlearning some stuff on older pilots who had flown MiGs for a long time, and then train them up?
22, damn. That's WW2 stuff there. The kid would be in college if it weren't for a mad man.

GOfczTbXQAAkiYm

• Angry
Reactions: HawkMD and Torg
Russian President Vladimir Putinsays his country is prepared to accept a negotiated ceasefire in its invasion of Ukraine along current battle lines but will continue hostilities if Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky and the country’s Western allies decline. In recent weeks, the Russian military has managed several critical breakthroughs along Ukrainian defenses and captured more territory than Ukraine took in its 2023 counter-offensive.

The Russian leader is rumored to be frustrated with U.S. and Britishefforts to dissuade Ukraine from accepting a negotiated settlement to the conflict and President Zelensky’s refusal to engage in talks. “Putin can fight for as long as it takes, but Putin is also ready for a ceasefire—to freeze the war,” an unnamed senior Russian official told Reuters.
Sounds like another disinformation campaign to blame further fighting on the WH.

The only pilot mentioned is Dino, who is 22. This seems to confirm something I speculated on about a hundred pages ago, that the Ukrainians have sent younger pilot trainees and building pilots from the ground up. I assume they must have some experience, but everything I've seen is they are young. The Ukrainian AF has lost a lot of veteran pilots, but, not all. I wonder if the calculation was it would be easier to train younger pilots versus unlearning some stuff on older pilots who had flown MiGs for a long time, and then train them up?
22, damn. That's WW2 stuff there. The kid would be in college if it weren't for a mad man.
Good observation. Another is that fewer and fewer old Soviet airframes are gonna be around in coming years. Train those “kids” on “newer” birds.

Jeez. Those peasants have no choice but to march forward.
I think we can all agree that these stats are fairly accurate and represent casualties and not deaths. To put some context here are the stats for WWII

We basically had 1,078,000 casualties, with 407,000 deaths. That was fighting Nazi’s and Japanese and their numerous allies in dozens and dozens of countries in Europe, North Africa and the Pacific over about twice the amount of time. It was also at a time where our population was almost exact same as Russia is now.

So, basically, the massive miscalculation Putin made has his country in a war with a country smaller than Texas, where they are suffering the equivalent to WWII US casualties and deaths and will equal our numbers if it goes on for two more years. They likely have about 200k dead and 300k injured. Just incredible. Another way to look at that is about 3 times our Vietnam numbers incurred over 10 years in a mere 27 months. Let me say that angain, Russia has gone through and suffered losses the equivalent of three of our Vietnam Wars in 2 years and 3 months. And we all know how big an impact WWII and Vietnam made on us as a nation. We still have new books, movies and tv shows on it these 60/80 plus years later. Russia is ****ed and has already lost.

Last edited:
I think we can all agree that these stats are fairly accurate and represent casualties and not deaths. To put some context here are the stats for WWII

We basically had 1,078,000 casualties, with 407,000 deaths. That was fighting Nazi’s and Japanese and their numerous allies in dozens and dozens of countries in Europe, North Africa and the Pacific over about twice the amount of time. It was also at a time where our population was almost exact same as Russia is now.

So, basically, the massive miscalculation Putin made has his country in a war with a country smaller than Texas, where they are suffering the equivalent to WWII US casualties and deaths and will equal our numbers if it goes on for two more years. They likely have about 200k dead and 300k injured. Just incredible. Another way to look at that is about 3
times our Vietnam numbers incurred over 10 years. And we all know how big an impact WWII made on us, and that was with us winning a decisive victory. We still have new books, movies and tv shows on it 80 plus years later. Russia is ****ed and has already lost.
Simply amazing. This is where the world is in 2024. Going backwards in giant leaps.

So, basically, the massive miscalculation Putin made has his country in a war with a country smaller than Texas, where they are suffering the equivalent to WWII US casualties and deaths and will equal our numbers if it goes on for two more years. They likely have about 200k dead and 300k injured. Just incredible. Another way to look at that is about 3 times our Vietnam numbers incurred over 10 years in a mere 27 months. Let me say that angain, Russia has gone through and suffered losses the equivalent of three of our Vietnam Wars in 2 years and 3 months. And we all know how big an impact WWII and Vietnam made on us as a nation. We still have new books, movies and tv shows on it these 60/80 plus years later. Russia is ****ed and has already lost.
I've said this before, Russia has a massive demographic problem. They already have low birth rates, and a low average lifespan due to chronic alcoholism and poor health care. They lost per capita something like the 3rd most citizens during the Covid pandemic. This war is handicapping their economy for a generation, and maybe in ways that can never be recovered from. Even if they start mobilizing all the fancy boys from Moscow and St. Petersburg they cannot replace their losses on the battlefield.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT